SPINOFF: Where do you wash your hair?

SPINOFF: Where do you wash your hair?

• I always wash my hair in the shower.

Votes: 373 71.9%
  • I always wash my hair in the sink.

Votes: 60 11.6%
  • It depends on what I'm doing to my hair. (Please Explain.)

Votes: 86 16.6%

• Total voters

chayil0427

I thought of this after reading neonbrights thread on her dr not permitting her to hang over the sink and wash her hair. I was wonder who washes their hair in the sink? I stopped doing that when I was 18 and moved off to college. (Grandma was no longer their to forbid me not only from washing my hair in the shower, but taking showers period...long story ... anyway) I find that washing my hair in the shower gets is much cleaner (Your end length is not in the pool of dirty water in the bottom of the sink) and you have more control and water pressure which allows you to get it really clean. Of course they use sinks at the salon but they have special bowls and sprayers ....so who's sinkin...who's in the shower?

Chayil

frankie

I wash in the shower...the ONLY exception was when I did my relaxer...I leaned over the bath tub and rinsed because I didn't want to get the chemicals on my skin and the tub pressure is waaaay better than my kitchen sink.

JustKiya

I never understood why people would wash their hair in the sink - bending over in half trying to squeeze my head under a facuet and getting water all in my face (or all over the kitchen floor) never made - SENSE to me. Maybe I'm just messy - and then of course, I never did relaxers at home, so everything I wash out of my hair COULD rinse over my body with no problems.

Obviously, I'm all about the shower.

pinkdot's blog

Can't wash my hair in the sink. Not the buisness. I've tried it but its not for me. In the shower the water is distributed through my hair evenly. It's eaiser to wash and rince.

Divine Inspiration

When I was fully relaxed I could wash in the sink with no problems, but whenever I got around the 4-5 month post relaxer mark, I had to wash it in the shower to keep it from tangling as much. Lately, I've been washing it in the shower just because I haven't been using poo much and I've been doing wash & gos.

chayil0427

frankie said:
I wash in the shower...the ONLY exception was when I did my relaxer...I leaned over the bath tub and rinsed because I didn't want to get the chemicals on my skin and the tub pressure is waaaay better than my kitchen sink.

When I do my own relaxers I wash them in the shower to assure I have enough water pressure....I just make sure I get the neutralizing poo on my shoulder and back to make sure there's not chemical residue left.

Chayil

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
It depends. Kitchen sink for rinsing a relaxer or henna (with the shampoo hose and mesh drain cover). Shower for regular shampoos or conditioner washes.

renae226

victorious said:
It depends. Kitchen sink for rinsing a relaxer or henna (with the shampoo hose and mesh drain cover). Shower for regular shampoos or conditioner washes.

That's exactly what I do!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Whichever is most convenient, really. I have excellent water pressure in both the shower and sink (I use my sprayer). But sometimes I don’t feel like roaming around in a bathrobe for an hour while I deep condition then jump back in the shower, especially when I wash my hair after work. Sometimes, I’ll even shampoo my hair in the shower, then rinse the conditioner out in the kitchen sink later! :look:

StartinOvah

i voted it depends. i wet my hair every morning when i shower. every other morning i con wash. i poo once a week, usually after work. and like another poster said, i don't want to walk around in a robe while i deep con so i just use the tub. i actually never thought to use my kitchen sink. my hair is still short so my ends don't hang in water yet.

whats wrong with washing your hair in the sink? can someone bump that thread or give me a brief synopsis?

Ronda123

I usually lean over the tub but since I have started using henna, I wash my hair in the shower (it makes it a lot easier to rinse out the henna mix). So I guess it just depends...

balisi

Legend said:
Whichever is most convenient, really. I have excellent water pressure in both the shower and sink (I use my sprayer). But sometimes I don’t feel like roaming around in a bathrobe for an hour while I deep condition then jump back in the shower, especially when I wash my hair after work. Sometimes, I’ll even shampoo my hair in the shower, then rinse the conditioner out in the kitchen sink later! :look:
You and me both, Legend! Sometimes I will jump back in the shower to rinse the deep con out, but otherwise I'll rinse in the kitchen sink. All other washes take place in the shower.

When I used to self-relax, I would always rinse the relaxer out in the kitchen sink and neutralize, shampoo and condition in the shower.

Arcadian

It depends on where I am. I have very good water pressure all over the house so it dosen't matter to me. My hair dosen't get tangled all over the place, and, if I use the kitchen sink, its HYOOGE so no water spattering all over.

I rinse my relaxers in the sink, sometimes will even do my weekly DC in the kichen sink too

-A

MizaniMami

Legend said:

Me too.:look: Even though my hair needs to be washed and conditioned in the shower.

wadadligyal

Always in the shower with one of those lovely shower heads.:)
Makes detangling sooooooo easy.
Even when I did my first self relax a few months ago i was hopped in and out of the shower like 5 times:lol: Hey I did my hair in sections and it was the first time self realxing so I was a bit paranoid!!!!

I wash in the shower- however, i think I need to change to the sink b/c my hair is getting in the drain every week i have to clean it out- arggg!!!!

aprilj

For me it's always in the shower. It's easier to comb and I don't have to deal with a lot of tangles.

nomoweavesfome

frankie said:

same her I need that water pressure from the tub to rinse that stuff out off my eczema skin, other wise it's the shower.

goldensensation

When I relax, I wash in the sink. The pressure is good; especially since we have one of those spray hoses off to the side.

Any other time I do it in the shower. Or if I am doing a deep conditioner that has to sit for a long time, I may (sometimes) shampoo in the sink and rinse the conditioner off in the shower. I cant get down with that whole hopping in and out thing.