SPINOFF: Where do you wash your hair?

SPINOFF: Where do you wash your hair?

• I always wash my hair in the shower.

Votes: 373 71.9%
  • I always wash my hair in the sink.

Votes: 60 11.6%
  • It depends on what I'm doing to my hair. (Please Explain.)

Votes: 86 16.6%

• Total voters

choctaw

Factors such as the type of products used, hair length, timeline, equipment, personal preferences, etc. generates a lot of methods. I am natural, no heat, and I deep condition on dry hair so the shower works for me. This thread is an eye opener. Thanks :)

Flor

Shower/tub:bath2: ! I can't imagine washing my hair on the same sink I wash my dishes, my vegetables and fruits. It is just the way I am. However, in our new house, there is a sink in the laundry room. As it will never be used to wash food/utensils, I can give it a try in the future.

bimtheduck

I promise I usually wash in thee shower but my master bath needs to be re tiled so I've been washing in the sink bc I hate running down the hall to the other bathroom. So bad I know, don't stone me.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Since I started my HJ always in the sink - it's deep, I have the detachable head - I can multitask this way plus my 2 year old who hates or should I say hated doing her hair gets to see me doing mine. It has worked in increasing her interest in hair care - ya!! Granted I'm shoulder length now when it grows the sink will probably become a problem - a bridge I long to cross:)

SweetSpirit86

I picked shower, but it's more bath tub...I use jugs of distilled water for my hair, and need a large space so I don't get water everywhere lol.

Avaya

When relaxed, I washed in the shower. As a natural, I wash in the shower and rinse out my deep conditioner and do my vinegar rinse at the kitchen sink.

Chevelure618

washing in the sink is a real no-no....except I do it sometimes because I have figured out how to:

1) not get in down the drain
2) not get it tangled
3) not break my back rinsing

I semi-stand with my head bowed over and use the vegetable sprayer. No, it does not have a lot of force (mine doesn't anyway) but I just rinse and rinse and it actually forces me to leave a little conditioner in. Also, the hair does not touch the sink this way, let alone go down the drain...ew.

I keep the hair over my face and blot. Then little by little I detange from the very tips up. Then I stand upright and little by little lightly comb and drop, comb and drop the hair down my back.

I'm just too lazy to jump in and out of the shower.

BlackDiamond21

WOW this brings back memories :grin:!!! When I was child my Mom had bent over the sink all the time. We used to place a towel on the part where the counter and the sink meet so I had some cushion to rest my chin/neck area. :lol: I hated it. Sometimes you felt like you were going to drown because of how the water would trickle down your face, into your nose :rolleyes:. Mom-dukes had to make due with what she had and everyone in my family was doing it that way. It didn't seem out of the norm for us.

It did stop once I reached late elementary school, middle school because I did my own hair by then. I wouldn't even consider it now simply for all the stress on your neck - OW! :look:

Wow... hadn't thought about that reggie in years... Thanks for the flashback!!! :)

Ms_CoCo37

Mostly in the shower for me. However, I just recently discovered (while rushing to get ready for work)hanging my head over the tub for co-washing. I don't know if it's the force of the water or what, but my hair detangles so much easier that way.

yardgirl

In the shower always.

Please do not get a mixture of Egg and Aphogee 2 Minute on your vagina. Don't do it.

frida1980

A few weeks ago I rinsed in the sink. My hair got so tangled I couldn't believe it. I'm a shower washer for life.

SimJam

in the sink untill my hair gets too long... then I'll have to find another method of washing.

I had a bad fall in the shower years ago and I live alone so Im paranoid abt slipping in poo or conditioner :(

Rae81

i do the sink because i dont have the paitenece to stay in the shower long enough to shampoo, rinse repeat then do conditioner, although the few times i have washed in the shower i noticed my hair was less tangly. but i also put my hair over the side of the tub and wash my hair that way sometimes. when i wash my hair in the sink i finger comb through my hair while im rinsing the conditioner so that cuts back on how knotty my hair gets

Loveygram

I was thinking about this as I condi-washed this morning. I 've shower washed my hair for years but it's beginning to seem like a lot of water being wasted (we have a well) now that I do more while I'm in there. Because I detangle with cond, I've started turning the water off while doing the comb through, etc. Then turn it back when needed.

I was thinking about going back to sink washing. I use to put a hand towel over the drain to keep the hair from going in and use the hand sprayer for controlled rinse...
might try it next time... but I love :drunk: shower hair washing ....

Its all good :yep:
Blessings

Aggie

I used to always wash my hair in the shower but I got tired of jumping in and out of it so depending on what I am doing to my hair, I would sometimes use the sink and sometimes the shower. When I am only cowashing my hair, I woulod do so in the shower, but during relaxer, DC and henna days, I wash my hair in the sink.

Americka

Shower only. Rinsing in the sink or tub causes my hair to tangle which cause me to manipulate my hair more.