Who wants to do a 3 month bun/protective style challenge w/ me???

Koffie

I plan on starting a bun challenge for the winter.

My start date will officially be November 1, 2005 and end date will be February 1, 2006.

By this time I will check my progress.

Anyone else in?????

CaribbeanQueen

I'll do the challenge with you :)

I actually started a bun/phony phonie challenge on Monday but doing this together will definately keep me motivated :D

luckymonkey1307

I'm in! Im really tryin to grow my hair, so this is great! Today is wash today, and my plan was to put it in a bun and wear it like that until i can't stand it. I did this all summer, so that was about three months. Anyway, could two strand twists also be considered as protective style for this challenge?

Dlene

I will join in on it too. It works out perfectly because I just got my hair relaxed and I finished taking my senior pictures, so I can be in a bun for awhile.

Koffie

luckymonkey1307 said:
Anyway, could two strand twists also be considered as protective style for this challenge?

Sure, as long as the ends aren't being manipulated too much. ;)

Koffie

CaribbeanQueen said:
I'll do the challenge with you :)

I actually started a bun/phony phonie challenge on Monday but doing this together will definately keep me motivated :D
You can be my special "bun buddy" :kiss: :lachen:

bellezanegra826

are flexi rod sets a protective style? i want to use protective styles for a month but i know that i need some styles other than buns or i will last about a week.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

My daughter and I will join, we both have fresh relaxers and I already planned to wear protective stlyles for the entire winter so this shouldn't be too bad, I think we'll mainly wear two stand flattwist into a bun, french braids into a bun or a cornrow style into a bun, using little hair accessories w/rhinestones or the flower pins to jazz it up a bit. Do anyone think washing twice a week is to much manipulation? Because I think I'll only wash 1 a week so that the style can get alittle messy and it would be even less manipulation.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I'm in. I've been doing more protective styles recently. This would be great during the cold weather.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
My daughter and I will join, we both have fresh relaxers and I already planned to wear protective stlyles for the entire winter so this shouldn't be too bad, I think we'll mainly wear two stand flattwist into a bun, french braids into a bun or a cornrow style into a bun, using little hair accessories w/rhinestones or the flower pins to jazz it up a bit. Do anyone think washing twice a week is to much manipulation? Because I think I'll only wash 1 a week so that the style can get alittle messy and it would be even less manipulation.
Those are great ideas!!!

Last edited:

missenm

I'll join. I have been wearing my hair out for a month now and my hair is rubbing against my clothes and is getting snagged. So its time for me to focus on my ends again. Count me in!

BLESSED1

I'd like to try this, I haven't worn my afro puff in a while and have been trying to stick w/ my braided bun during the week. I cornrowed my hair Sat. and plan on wearing it like this during my vacation this week. If I do dare step out of the house I'm gonna slap my wig on. Does wearing my cornrows count? They hang to the bottom of my neck (dang shrinkage :mad: ) but my ends are always saturated in castor oil and never feel dry? My hair is so good at growing out but I want it to grow down now :ohwell:

meia

i definitely want to join too!! i need to bring some moisture back to my hair desperately. this would help me so much and help me to reach my waistlength goal ahead of schedule!

This also allows me to start doing beautiful african style gele headwraps..i always wanted to do it but now i think i will to cover up the baggie..

i was waiting till a challenge like this started up again!

COUNT ME IN!!

meia

Mahalialee4

I'm in. I am natural, and am getting some length. Just want to wash, MTG bun and go till next wash. Want to go to below brastrap all over with this. Bonjour

shoelover1972

Count me in. I'm already doing the baggie challenge anyway (started on 18 Sept) and intend to do this until my next touch-up in Jan 2005.

RootPunch

I'm in too! I have to think of a style for New Year's Eve though. :confused:
I'm sure my BF will be sick of my bun by then (since I've already been wearing one for a month).:grin:

atl_mulattamami

I'm in! I guess I'll just keep conditioner in it and keep it up tucked away in a clip. In a month I'll have enough length for a ponytail and I can start the baggie method!

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I'm in. I'll be wearing buns and tucked under ponytails almost the entire winter so 3 months will be the perfect time to check my progress.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I'm in!!! I have planned on wearing phonytails and buns for the winter, so this will give me some motivation and accountabilty.:D

StartinOvah

i'm in too! i just put a bun in my hair friday and decided it was the easiest protective style for me. i just need to stock up on some buns! my hair is too short for its own bun.

i never did a challenge before....this should be interesting

Armyqt

Count me in too. I just relaxed last Friday and I need to retain some length over the next few months. I will allow myself to wear my hair down once a week though. :)

AnjelLuvs

Armyqt said:
Count me in too. I just relaxed last Friday and I need to retain some length over the next few months. I will allow myself to wear my hair down once a week though. :)
Whoa, glad someone mentioned this option, because I am going to get a perm tomorrow, and wanted to wear my hair down at least once a week...

I think I may rotate, between a wet pony/bun, and a rollerset/bun... this should be fun... I want to be past bra strap come april fools...

luv04

i will im transitioning to natural and my last relaxer was sept 23 so this is perfect for me....im trying to transition for a year and a half...so protective styles are a must...im up for this challenge

CarLiTa

I'm sorta kinda in... I will have cheat days though :look: maybe once a week I can cheat and wear my hair down, but even then, i might not wear it down that often anyway. So, until February 2006... I think I wanna go for March. That'll mark a year of hair care for me.

benosayi

I just finished wearing my bun for 3 months. I got good results with mtg, surge. I am taking some time off with the mtg. I wish you guys luck.

Trea

Add me and my daughter in,too...Even though I've been doing this a while but hey, add us in too..