Bun Challenge

ronakajones

Ladies, Ladies, ladies. I feel like a traitor. I cheated this weekend. I was going out of town and wanted to look cute so I did a rollerset. I was disgusted with myself. I will start back baggying tonite. I was just soooo concerned with looking cute. Its bad ya'll. I'm the one who started and i'm the one who cheated. :wallbash:

aurora3140

Can I join if I only bun Mon-Fri (pretty pleeeeease :grin:) ? I go out on the weekends, so I like to rollerset and wear my hair out on Saturday. It's easy for me to bun during the week though, since I'm in school and I cowash often. I will do this until December.

Last edited:

ronakajones

Can I join if I only bun Mon-Fri (pretty pleeeeease :grin:) ? I go out on the weekends, so I like to rollerset and wear my hair out on Saturday. It's easy for me to bun during the week though, since I'm in school and I cowash often. I will do this until December.

After I just slipped up, I'm the wrong one to say no. Whatever you feel like you can handle, bring it on girl!!!.:drunk:

Leslie_C

That sounds like a good idea...I think I could commit to that for sure, especially through december. Im in and Ill be following these terms.

KAT25

can someone share with me Babygurl's regime??

Babygurl inspired me as well. I'm so in. Is anyone following babygurls routine of washing ad deep conditioning every 3-4 days and then bunning? I'm not currently doing that since I got my hair pressed and I plan on wearing this press for the next two weeks. After that I will be following Babygurl's entire regimen. I need to even my ends out.

Leslie_C

Ladies I need to know where I can find satin scruncis. I've notice some breakage:ohwell:

Try walmart, kmart target, burlington coat factory(suprisingly has a lot of hair accessories!)....Ive seen them just about everywhere. Also, I find lose the least amount of hair if I dont use any hairbands at all....I just use those hairpins that look like open bobby pins or u could get some of those good hair day pins. I also like to use these hair clips I have that are kind of like banana clips except wider, and I just put my hair in that and wrap it around and tuck it in.

ChocoKitty

I'd like to join. After my Aphogee treatment this Friday I'll try bunning for a month just to test the waters...:look:

blueabyss333

I'm joining this challenge. I don't take care of my ends like I should. I need to retain more length.

ETA: I forgot I already joined.:spinning:

Last edited:

*Muffin*

Wow, this is my first post to this forum! (I get excited easily, I know :grin:) Yeah, I'm doing the bun challenge, too. I've been doing it for about a week and a half now. So far I like it. I've just been keeping my hair bunned up for the week, then on Fridays I take it down and wash/deep condition/comb it. It's a good way to give your hair a rest while new growth is growing in.

missty1029

Ladies, Ladies, ladies. I feel like a traitor. I cheated this weekend. I was going out of town and wanted to look cute so I did a rollerset. I was disgusted with myself. I will start back baggying tonite. I was just soooo concerned with looking cute. Its bad ya'll. I'm the one who started and i'm the one who cheated. :wallbash:

Dont feel bad I cheated to on Friday. Had a party to go to and I knew the bun was not gonna to cut it! But its back up again!!!

tthreat08

Ummm....okay. I bun most of the time anyway. So, I'll join the 6 month challenge. So, that puts me at April 23. Wow. Okay, I can do it.

shadylane21

I'm in but my challenge will be more of a keep my hair off my shoulders and hide my length till Christmas type of thing. I will wear up dos using my hair zings which I love or bear clamps alt. with phony ponies and bagging. I think my ends need a break from roller setting and pin curls. What do you all think? P.S. its starting to get windy and chilly so I really want to protect my hair.

luvmesumhair

Hi. I would like to join.

I bun most of the time anyway. These two styles are what I mostly wear. As you can see, I do not like to wear it in a ponytail because it causes stress for me. I am trying to grow and thicken up the nape of my hair. So on the first pic, I just mainly make one big two strand twist and pin it up with my Flexi-8 with my ends tucked under and two clips on the side to keep the little flyaways in tack. The other pic is just make one big twist and put the big clip on. No stress on the nape area at all.

Last edited:

ronakajones

I bun most of the time anyway. These two styles are what I mostly wear. As you can see, I do not like to wear it in a ponytail because it causes stress for me. I am trying to grow and thicken up the nape of my hair. So on the first pic, I just mainly make one big two strand twist and pin it up with my Flexi-8 with my ends tucked under and two clips on the side to keep the little flyaways in tack. The other pic is just make one big twist and put the big clip on. No stress on the nape area at all.

THOSE STYLES ARE SOOOO CUTE

shelli4018

Oh, I'm gonna have to steal a few of your styles. They're too cute.

Hey, I think I'll join this challenge as well. I wear a bun 95% of the time anyway.

Proudpiscean

I have been bunning since I started HYH Challenges. I will join this Challenge. I think bunning adds healthy looking hair and retain amazing lenght. HHG :grin:

Me too :yep:
I'll join this challenge.....hoping to make it to BSL with healthy ends wearing protective styles. I'm gonna alternate between buns and a french braid (with ends tucked & protected of course).

SouthernTease

I am so in.

I started bunning (lol) last week. I have been inspired by Southern Tease and her daily co-wash so I started co-washing every other day and DC once a week. With all the co-washing the bun is the best style. little munipulation and less stress.

Besides this was one of my staple hairstyles while in college and I didn't realize the benefit until now. :grin:

:yay: glad I could inspire you. As I wrote on my blog, buns
are sexy... I get more attention from men when I wear my
hair in buns/pinups... they like the mystery I guess.
Yes, low manipulation is the absolute key to retaining your length...
just look at people with dredlocks... need I say more?

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched

This is an excellent point. I was saying that to someone just last night. And if you don't want locs, you just need to know when to detangle.

ronakajones

SouthernTease, your hair is growning so DARN fast makes me want to start cowashing daily. Its getting cold though and I don't know if I could handle it. You hair looks great.

almondjoi85

I'm in I've been wearing a bun everyday for the last few days anyway. I'm a newbie so i'm gonna start small...a bun everyday for the next two weeks.

Leslie_C

Ive still been bunning, but Im not sure my hair likes it. I seem to be getting a lot of strands when I handle or comb my hair. Like my hair doesnt like being pulled back. It seems like it behaves better when I leave it out in a wash n go or put it up loosely in a claw clip. Ill give it a little more time to see if something else is to blame though.