Bun Challenge

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I'm late but I am in on this. I will go 6 months as well. I put myself on a challenge like this for a year at the beginning of my hair journey and got awesome results. I will use my two phony buns and my phony pony when I get tired of buns.

Just a reminder: remember to change to position of your bun regularly to prevent breakage.

I'm serious about mbl. I'm on a mission. Besides that, its cold and my ends can benefit from some protection against the sweaters, coats, cold and friction.

girlyprincess23

did anybody see the ebay link to the bun covers that i posted? i would like to know if anybody uses them or what you guys think. i was thinking of covering my bun with a plastic baggie, then getting one of those fake buns and putting it on and then using those covers to make it fun and different just os i dont get bored bunning!!!!!!!!!!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I was looking for this thread yesterday because I was wondering how everybody was doing. I'm still bunning...it's the easiest thing for me to do...

TLC1020

I'm still bunning as well, atleast 5 days out the week and the other 2 I'll let my hair breathe then put it right back in a bun... By doing this hopefully I'll reach my next goal of BSL sooner than later....:grin:

rdm

I am not on this challenge. I used wear buns a lot though. After my last touch up, my stylist saw breakage because of the buns. I am going to take a break from buns and twist/pin up my hair.

To make buns work and see growth, make sure you move the position of your bun every few days (someone else posted that already), keep your ends moisturized, and dont pull your edges too tight.

Good luck on the challenge!!!

Last edited:

missty1029

Im still holding strong as well. But i think im going to start doing some twist/pin ups as well. Today i just braided it for something different.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
You know?!! What a great idea. Since I already wear buns 99.9% of the time anyway, I think I'll buy some hair and sex my buns up a bit. I'm so bored with my buns. I need to do something else with them.

I may stick with the bunning for the next six month stretch as well, Jan.-June 2008. I think this particular protective style has really helped my hair to thrive and my ends not to break too much.

tthreat08

Hey Ladies.....Shhhhhh!

I attended a formal event this weekend, and my hair was flowing and glamourous....but I was bunning the whole time! I wore a fall and it's in my siggy.

Glib Gurl

I'm happy so many of you are doing this but I cannot participate . . . I am actually trying to get away from buns as it's my default, everyday style. However, for me it doesn't signify hair growth -- it signifies laziness on my part in styling and haircare in general. (This is the way I've worn my hair for almost ten years - ten years of splitting, breakage, bad haircuts, dryness, and general unfabulousness.) No. I cannot bun. In fact, I am going to start an inverse-challenge - Bun-Free Growth Challenge! (This is not to say that bunning doesn't work or to discourage anyone here. I'm just thinking that for me it would be a challenge NOT to wear a bun . . . .)

See my forthcoming post . . . .

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I wish my hair was long enough for a bun :sad: :cry:.

Ah well, maybe next year I can join in on a bun challenge.

Good luck to you ladies on this go round!!!

dicapr

I'm in. But for me its going to be a more updo challenge. I'll do buns, inverted buns, french braids with the ends tucked, and french rolls. Hopefully by changing the style often, I'll avoid damage at the nape. I'll do it 95% of the time.

TLC1020

How is the bun challenge going so far ladies? Is everyone still bunning?
I'm still bunning, I'm actually bunning seven days a week, moisturizing the ends and keeping them protected :grin: I am do for a touch-up in mid January which will end my three month stretch and that's when I'll see how much growth I was able to retain by moisturizing and bunning. :yep:

MZMATTHEWS

How is the bun challenge going so far ladies? Is everyone still bunning?
I'm still bunning, I'm actually bunning seven days a week, moisturizing the ends and keeping them protected :grin: I am do for a touch-up in mid January which will end my three month stretch and that's when I'll see how much growth I was able to retain by moisturizing and bunning. :yep:
I'm still bunning:yep: I'm on a mission. APL here I come.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I'm not bunning everyday anymore. I do protective styling everyday (which includes some bunning) so my hair is always up and the ends are always moisturized and protected but I've got to switch up my hair styles or I get isolated breakage and I hate that.

MissMusic

Still bunning! I am now APL and will continue bunning until I reach MBL! I am about to do a six month stretch, hope bunning continues to work with all of the new growth!

missty1029

Im still doing it but as of lately its been hard with holidays and parties. But it stressed me cause I fell like I am manipulating my hair too much! But Im looking to experiement with other low mani styles to switch it up. But its growing and Im excited!!!

laurend

I will bun until my birthday on 2/16 and I will be in the lo-mani challenge also. I hope to reveal that week.

~~HoneyComb~~

I just started bunning this week. I am up for the challenge. I am currently 1" away from brastrap length when my hair is straightened. Best wishes to all in achieving your goals.

song_of_serenity

After enjoying my relaxer for a week, it's back to bunning! I wore one today.

All fastened with hair clips (yes, I pushed them all the way in! Lol) I want a SCUNCI MAGIC BUN SO BADLY!
~*Janelle~*

Puddles

On Cloud 9
I'm late...but I'm going to bun for the next 6 as well. I will straighten/press for special occasions only.