Who's your hair goals inspiration?

aameera83

Re: Who\'s your hair goals inspiration?

I would have to say Yantecoi for style. She does so much with her hair. And Anikalia for her always perfectly defined hair.I hope i make it to her length soon

anikalia

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
Thanks, Anikalia. I plan on touching up my hair on February 6. I'm going to do it myself. I don't think it will be too difficult since it's just the new growth I have to handle. You know what? I have no idea what my texturized hair looks like after I conditioner rinse and let it dry. I usually put it it in braids or in bun. I know that it won't look as long as it does if it's wet because I have major shrinkage at my roots. I'll try to post some curly pics next Sunday or Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hair looks so similar to mine. Even in your rollerset pics! I can't remember if I PM'd you but make sure your hair is in its curly state before you do a touch up. Analyze where the new growth ends and clip away areas that are already loose enough and want to completely avoid. Also coat areas in wax/grease that you want slightly loosened. Spray entire head with oil sheen and detangle all over with a wide tooth comb (this prevents the hair from tangling when you are applying relaxer). Then base your scalp with your favorite base cream and begin. I use a perm brush, not a rattail comb. And make sure to do 1/2 or 1/4 of your head at a time (relax, rinse, neutralize). Ok, I'm done giving away all my secrets LOL!

Aameera83 thanks for the compliment! It's been 3 1/2 years since my hair was badly overprocessed and it is finally back at it's longest point. Hooray!

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
wow... thanks, yall! i been sick since the weekend. this really was a nice pick-me-up!

my hair goals inspiration has always been allandra. although she doesn't post pics anymore, i was one of the fortunate ones to see a pic of her hair before she started, a year later and then a year after that (i think). it's super thick and grows really fast! the woman has some gorgeous hair!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw her hair too! ((bragging)) And yes it is and SHE IS beautiful!

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I've only seen it long though. I wish I could have caught the pictures she posted waaaaay back. She inspired to grow my hair out because a lot of the long hair ladies now were just growing out their hair, and Portae99 inspired me to go natural.

Trust me y'all Allandra has some beautiful hair. And if she hasn't done anything too different tp it, it's still just as beautiful.

Now she makes me jealous!

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
<ul type="square"> [*]
You're right Ms. K, Dream7's hair is GORGEOUS! My goodness, it is so pretty! I'm adding her to my list of inspirations [*]Yante Coi [*]Adrienne (of course) [*]Wanda K. (I forgot your user name here
... is it Pooh?) [*]Allandra (I remember seeing her pix and feeling totally in awe
) [*]Peachtree [*]Silvergirl [*]Supergirl [*]Tracy [*]BRH [*]SkegeeSMB [*]Beverly [*]Caramela [*]JetCityGirl [*]Jade21 and Mahalialee (even though I've never seen their hair, their advice is priceless
) [/list]

I have many inspirations to draw from but I probably forgot to add someone in, lol.

Edited to add: Yup
I forgot to add Valleygirl, Hairlove, and Nay007. Beautiful hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl I saw a picture of Mahalialee's hair and it was long. I remember people accusing her that her hair was fake. I saw it at the old old old Longhairlovers board. That girl had a ponytail on her. And if I am not mistaken they were pressed pictures.

skegeesmb

Tracy, and Nyambura, thanks so much. I didn't think I would be an inspiration to anyone with hair lovlies such as Adrienne and Supergirl. But I do have many hair idols:

Tracy: When I saw your dominican blowout I was sooooo in awe of your hair and the color, you almost made me want to go out and dye my hair!

Caramela: Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. I just wanted to thank you for all the advice, and showing me your growout stage. That was such an inspiration for me when my hair was short.

Yante Coi: What can I say. This girls' got some gorgeous hair.

Anikalia: Texturized and great. I texturized in part because of you. Your hair always looked great, and I figured I can give it a stab.

SVT: That girl has some beautiful long thick natural hair. Just love it!

Ebony: Her hair and her skin looks flawless. I love the progress she has made.

Micarae: Her hair is so pretty.

KCKN: Great thick hair. Her afro's are so big and fluffy. She takes very good care of her hair.

Caribmix: She has beautiful natural hair. I love her french braids.

Potterville: Her natural hair is also beautiful. It is soo black and shiny. I loved it when it was really short. It looked so cute.

Seoul: Her hair always look great either pressed or natural. I love it. I love the color too. It always looks on point.

There are so many more. I know some of these names might not be familiar, but they were around when I first went natural and were great helps to me. I love all of their hair!

Allandra

Ahh shucks. Thanks Skegeesmg. Speaking of Portae, she does have some beautiful hair. BTW, have you 'seen' her lately?

Nyambura

surfer girl

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Girl I saw a picture of Mahalialee's hair and it was long. I remember people accusing her that her hair was fake. I saw it at the old old old Longhairlovers board. That girl had a ponytail on her. And if I am not mistaken they were pressed pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

You saw a picture of Mahalialee's hair back in the day?! Waaaaaahhhhhh!!!
I only visited the old lhl sporadically. [sigh] That's what I get for skipping in and out, I guess.
I'm sure Mahalialee's hair is gorgeous! I hope she posts a pic here! (Mahalialee, wherever you are, hint, hint
)

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Ahh shucks. Thanks Skegeesmb. Speaking of Portae, she does have some beautiful hair. BTW, have you 'seen' her lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a matter of fact Allandra I saw her post about two months ago at naturallycurly.com. Her hair still looks great. She has a picture of a blowout and her hair was longer than shoulderlength. She also has a picture of her hair in cornrolls, and she has more pictures of her hair natural. It's just about shoulderlength unstraightened. It's really pretty.

Faith

Wow! I haven't seen or heard anything about Portae since BHSGO disbanded.

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
Faith said:
Wow! I haven't seen or heard anything about Portae since BHSGO disbanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I remember being on BHSGO. I was soo mad when I couldn't get my pictures back that I posted there. I stopped going after I found all the drama, and had started going to other hairboards, but for a long time, that was my board. Everyone I admired was on that board. I even emailed Portae a few times for some tips. She's really nice (well she was to me), and she was helpful.

I miss a lot of the posters who have dissapeared from that site. I know there are a lot of us here, and spread around at other boards who have decided to go natural.

S

Stylepink

My inspiration is my aunt Ollie. She had 4A/B waist length hair and was absolutely gorgeous!

(I miss you T-Ollie)

anikalia

Thanks skegeesmb! You're doing a spectacular job yourself! Still amazed at how silky and straight your hair gets. I need your technique.

Melaninme

Thank you! You are such a sweetie! Now, if only my hair grew as fast as yours, I'd really be set. LOL!!

Take care and have a GREAT Christmas!

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Tracy, and Nyambura, thanks so much. I didn't think I would be an inspiration to anyone with hair lovlies such as Adrienne and Supergirl. But I do have many hair idols:

Tracy: When I saw your dominican blowout I was sooooo in awe of your hair and the color, you almost made me want to go out and dye my hair!

Caramela: Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. I just wanted to thank you for all the advice, and showing me your growout stage. That was such an inspiration for me when my hair was short.

Yante Coi: What can I say. This girls' got some gorgeous hair.

Anikalia: Texturized and great. I texturized in part because of you. Your hair always looked great, and I figured I can give it a stab.

SVT: That girl has some beautiful long thick natural hair. Just love it!

Ebony: Her hair and her skin looks flawless. I love the progress she has made.

Micarae: Her hair is so pretty.

KCKN: Great thick hair. Her afro's are so big and fluffy. She takes very good care of her hair.

Caribmix: She has beautiful natural hair. I love her french braids.

Potterville: Her natural hair is also beautiful. It is soo black and shiny. I loved it when it was really short. It looked so cute.

Seoul: Her hair always look great either pressed or natural. I love it. I love the color too. It always looks on point.

There are so many more. I know some of these names might not be familiar, but they were around when I first went natural and were great helps to me. I love all of their hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

Chimma

I'm kind of jealous now. I would love to see the pictures of some of your hair inspirations, especially the natural haired ladies.

Except for Seoul, who truly does have beautiful hair, I have not seen the hair of a single person in that long list.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

I can vouch for Anikalia. That lady has some long gorgeous hair and it looks even more gorgeous in person! You go girl!

A few of those ladies are also features of the month. Check it out!