Why are men like this about HAIR!!!!!

bajanplums1

I once read an anthropology book in college and it was saying that there are certain female characteristics that men look for intuitively in a woman. All of are symbols of fertility: e.g. wide hips, I think that long hair is seen as a symbol of health which is associated with fertility. Sickly women would not be desirable for proceation.

So even though this is modern times, perhaps this lady's hair though natural never grew or something and her husband subconsciously saw it as a problem.

Jenai

True, long hair is a sign of femininity and health that men find attactive.

Belleza, thanks for sharing that beautiful story. /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

zoya_j

belleza -sorry for your loss, you had a wonderful husband.

it's up to us women, men will make noise but then they just go with the flow, no pun intended

Ayeshia

a few guys have seen my hair pre BC and they expressed how good I looked with long hair BUT they said I look just as good now. Im cute so it doesnt matter either way. When In did my BC i really didnt care what men thought. I didnt have a bf so who was I trying to impress? I will never let the thought of a man discourage my hair choices. I know a lot of women in my grandmothers salon who want to go natural but their so's and dh's expressed a strong dislike of the idea
/images/graemlins/ohwell.gif. A few of my friends had smart remarks last year, but guess whos hair is longer while theirs is still at the same length?