Why Does It Take Me Sooooooooo Long !!!!

Chromia

Tresemme conditioners have great slip.

The Silk Elements Olive Treatment has great slip for me also, but only if I use it with heat.

aa9746

I used to detangle quicker with conditioner with no problems. I started finger detangling after watching Sera's youtube video. Her hair is super long and kinky like mine and since i'm trying to get as much length as i can in a shorter amount of time i gave it a try. I lose a lot less hair and gain length quicker. I will use a comb or brush but only if i need to. I keep my hair in twists or braids for at least 3 weeks or more (under my wig). This summer i wore my hair out and had to detangled every 2 weeks for appearances only.

Vintageglam

Hi OP it sounds like you are over engineering it to me. My advice would be to get the Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer extreme and apply to your DRY hair in fat/ big twists, DC with heat and them allow to cool and then detangling in these sections individually and then re-twisting each section. You can then rinse and do what ever comes next in these twists before styling. I find the EE amazing on my hair and over time itmhas made my hair progressively softer and popped my little curls making detangling easier (20 minutes tops incl the whole detangling routine and the whole re-twisting). I also use a wide toothed bone comb and loose little hair in the whole process.

HTH's