YAAAAASSS!!! Beautiful NATURAL actress @ SAG awards! WERK!!! (PICS)

MizAvalon

I'm fairly certain that her hair type is 4a/b. The curly hair pics is clearly a (beautiful) weave. The hairstyle in the OP wouldn't be all that difficult to achieve, if your hair isn't long enough for it you could use kanekalon hair to achieve the look:yep:, it would just involve some tucking and rolling. Now I'm inspired to do a tutorial and tag you:scratchch.

I would love that! If you find the time, of course. :)

aquajoyice

Yes, this is style, grace and beauty at it's best! I'm trying to figure out how she did that gorgeous Updo.

Sent from miPhone

Excuse the typos and other ish my phone does without my approval

prettyinpurple

Yay glad someone posted her pics!

Afrobella posted info about her hairstyle: http://www.afrobella.com/2013/01/28...public-announcement-for-celebrities-of-color/

Mad Men star Teyonah Parris made waves on the red carpet with her pink Monique Lhuillier dress and beautiful natural hair (follow her on Twitter @TeyonahParris ). Well that hair was styled by the one and only “natural hair whisperer” and creator of the Loving Your Hair With Natural Care Workshop, Felicia Leatherwood! I was able to hit her up and exclusively get the breakdown on her amazing hairstyle!

“That’s a variation of a fold and tuck that I like to do – it’s a variation that worked for her and was red carpet ready. This is all her hair. I shampooed her hair with Dr. Miracle’s new cleanse and condition shampoo. After that I used LRC’s leave in and serum, then I blew her hair out – she was so amazed at how fast I blew her hair out! And then basically I used Hicks Edge Control, and then I used Entwine’s moisturizing, hydrating styling product, and then I sprayed it with LRC natural holding spray and cinched it with Fantasia IC mist – it finishes everything perfectly!” says Felicia.

Southernbella.

I know there were some crispy souls on the red carpet that night cuz she snatched folks bald with this look. Absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

Nazaneen

she's really pretty.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Wow!! This woman is completely stunning from head to toe. I don't watch Mad Men, so I've never heard of her before.

She's gorgeous!! :yep:

BlackMasterPiece

Yea it is. You could get a texture like that on the low end from a BSS, or for a bit more from one of those virgin hair sellers or direct from vendors based in Asia :)

That is such a gorgeous weave. I'd love to have a U-part wig like that that I could just pop on when I'm feeling lazy.

Ogoma

Looks like 3c, it's stretched or blown out for the red carpet style. I wonder how long it took! It is gorgeous. She's my new hair length inspiration. And her hair & makeup far outshines a lot of those other looks from yesterday.

One looks like a braid-out, the other her un-stretched hair. Lovely hair.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
she looks FABULOUS. hair make-up dress

those products are about to sell off the shelves with people trying to recreate this look

BraunSugar

This braidout... twistout... kinky weave... whatever it is is just GORGEOUS!!!!! When my hair gets to that length, I'm gonna be hard to deal with. That's all I have to add. :lol:

ajoke

This braidout... twistout... kinky weave... whatever it is is just GORGEOUS!!!!! When my hair gets to that length, I'm gonna be hard to deal with. That's all I have to add. :lol:

Yeah, it looks like a twist or braid out to me rather than a weave. Only the length, compared to the other pictures of her hair hints at it maybe being a weave.

LunadeMiel

If I could replicate this style, let me tell ya'll, I would catwalk into work like a staaaaaarah. I may even rock shades. Please somebody make my dream come true :pray: