Y'all would never guess what has CEASED MY SHEDDING!!!

PrincessDiva

StephyPoo said:
I use the Wonder Gro Max Lanolin & Beeswax Protein Complex Hairdress Conditioner (Extra Thick) it's orange in color I have been using this grease for a few years on my ends when doing with the baggie method, it has some pretty good ingredients too.

Ingredients: petrolatum, lanolin, beeswax, shea butter, microwax, lecithin, vitamin e, fragrance.

Oil Complex: Castor, macademia nut, pistachio, coconut, wheatgerm and palm.

Herbal Complex: Nettle, rosemary, ginseng, indian hemp, burdock, horsetail, coltsfoot, comfrey, rosehips and elderflower

Protein Complex: Brewer's Yeast, keratin protein.
My sister used this & her hair grew super fast!!!

Ebonygurl00

FAMUDva said:
Girl, I don't know if it's moisterizing or not, but I showl use Doo Gro (the purple one) on my head!:lol: I don't worry about greasy hair unless I'm wearing it down (not gonna happen from now til Christmas), so grease, MTG, Jojoba, and what ever else might help, I'm using. LOL!

OMG, earlier this year, I fell in LOVE with the purple Doo Gro!! I dismissed it after I started getting serous about hair care a few months ago. Ok, NOW I have to go to the BSS!:lol:

Cayenne0622

AtlantaJJ said:
I'm down with the scalp greasin. I guess my mother knew what she was doing!! I've been thinking about how she used to take care of my hair a lot since I joined this board. She passed away many years ago and all this talk about hair reminds me so much of her... I sniffed a jar of Sulfer 8 the other day and thought about her <snif>....

Awwww Atlanta...I had to take a pause for the cause and pat you on your back with a hug. Bless you and your mommy!

Dogmd

Thanks Stephy Poo for this thread. I was shedding hairs pretty badly as well. After reading this last night , I ran to see what I had under the cabinet and found some Vitapointe... I liberally greased my scalp which had been itching a little, put in 3 big braids and put my satin scarf on.. What do ya know.. this am NO HAIRS CAME OUT IN MY COMB!! NOT A ONE!! I am amazed, but not really. My mom would apply grease tp my head daily when i was little, my hair was thick like a bush back then. I am gonna stick with this. Thanks again!!

MrsHouston

It might also be the herbal ingredients too. That's a good combo. I found a link with those products. It seems to be a pretty good item to purchase:

http://paynesbeautysupply-salon.stores.yahoo.net/wondergro.html

StephyPoo said:
I use the Wonder Gro Max Lanolin & Beeswax Protein Complex Hairdress Conditioner (Extra Thick) it's orange in color I have been using this grease for a few years on my ends when doing with the baggie method, it has some pretty good ingredients too.

Ingredients: petrolatum, lanolin, beeswax, shea butter, microwax, lecithin, vitamin e, fragrance.

Herbal Complex: Nettle, rosemary, ginseng, indian hemp, burdock, horsetail, coltsfoot, comfrey, rosehips and elderflower

MizaniMami

This the grease I use AND it's only a dollar and it is good- I don't use it on the scalp though.

Petrolatum , Wheat Germ Oil , Safflower Oil , Castor Oil , Vitamin A , Vitamin D , Vitamin E , Paraffin , Indian Hemp , Jaborandi , Nettle , Rosemary , Birch , Burdock , Rosehips , Irishmoss , Coltsfoot , Dandelion , Yellow Dock , Elder Flowers , Brewers Yeast , Shave Grass , Enchinacea , Wild Cherry Bark , Nepeta Cataria , BHT , Fragrance , D&C Yellow No. 11 , D&C Green No. 6

Avin'sMom2010

Dogmd said:
Thanks Stephy Poo for this thread. I was shedding hairs pretty badly as well. After reading this last night , I ran to see what I had under the cabinet and found some Vitapointe... I liberally greased my scalp which had been itching a little, put in 3 big braids and put my satin scarf on.. What do ya know.. this am NO HAIRS CAME OUT IN MY COMB!! NOT A ONE!! I am amazed, but not really. My mom would apply grease tp my head daily when i was little, my hair was thick like a bush back then. I am gonna stick with this. Thanks again!!

I am soooo glad that this worked for you too, I was REALLY amazed that GREASE the big NO.NO lol :) on my scalp would stop the excessive shedding :)

Avin'sMom2010

MizaniMami said:
This the grease I use AND it's only a dollar and it is good- I don't use it on the scalp though.

Petrolatum , Wheat Germ Oil , Safflower Oil , Castor Oil , Vitamin A , Vitamin D , Vitamin E , Paraffin , Indian Hemp , Jaborandi , Nettle , Rosemary , Birch , Burdock , Rosehips , Irishmoss , Coltsfoot , Dandelion , Yellow Dock , Elder Flowers , Brewers Yeast , Shave Grass , Enchinacea , Wild Cherry Bark , Nepeta Cataria , BHT , Fragrance , D&C Yellow No. 11 , D&C Green No. 6

I've used this one before too, it's really good my friend told me about this grease she said that I could find it at Family Dollar... her hair was really growing good too until she chopped it off :(

ToyToy

I think I will try to use grease too. My hair has been shedding like mad for years, and I don't use anything on my scalp at all. My scalp is extremely dry and sensitive. I have been thinking of using up the Qhemet Heavy Cream on my scalp (since it sucked on my hair)? It has castor oil as first ingredient and olive oil as the next. It does have water as the third ingredient. Does it still qualify as "grease"? Would it be ok to use on my scalp until I find something else?

Avin'sMom2010

ToyToy said:
I think I will try to use grease too. My hair has been shedding like mad for years, and I don't use anything on my scalp at all. My scalp is extremely dry and sensitive. I have been thinking of using up the Qhemet Heavy Cream on my scalp (since it sucked on my hair)? It has castor oil as first ingredient and olive oil as the next. It does have water as the third ingredient. Does it still qualify as "grease"? Would it be ok to use on my scalp until I find something else?

This sounds good, I have heard good things about Castor oil promoting growth, just give it a try you just might be surprised just as I was about the grease :)

ToyToy

StephyPoo said:
This sounds good, I have heard good things about Castor oil promoting growth, just give it a try you just might be surprised just as I was about the grease :)

Thanks, StephyPoo!!

HoneyDew

Miss*Tress said:
As a child I used green DAX, but it gave me dandruff. :(

Some of them give me dandruff, too. I cannot use all greases. Some of them just make me have a flakely scalp and itching.

Others have eliminated dryness and itching.

I think it's all in the ingredients.

deltagyrl

Read this thread earlier today and decided to pick up some grease too!:D
Found some softee hair conditioner (coconut + jojoba oil) for $1. It's very light so what the hay? I'm gonna give it a try.....

LovelyLionessa

Dogmd said:

My hair has been really fussy lately, I think one too many ACV rinses made my hair brittle. I picked up some Vitapointe today for my ends for some extra protection. Sometimes you gotta go old school and just use what works. :yep:

Miss*Tress

HoneyDew said:
Some of them give me dandruff, too. I cannot use all greases. Some of them just make me have a flakely scalp and itching.

Others have eliminated dryness and itching.

I think it's all in the ingredients.
Since I have a year's worth of new growth, I just may reconsider grease - it could smooth my hair at the crown. I'll look out for something with better ingredients than DAX.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I've been shedding lately every time I wash my hair, but I only put grease on my hair, not my scalp. I'm gonna start putting it on my scalp again like I used to back in high school. :)

Blkbeautyhair

I've started using grease again (lightly) on my scalp and have noticed a decrease in shedding BUT I've also been using Profectiv Break-Free as well daily for the past month so now I'm all confused on what's working! LOL! However I don't plan on stopping either. :D

lana

My girlfriend swears by Hairfood - the yellow one. She has bsl hair and she said she washes her hair and puts it on before she uses the blow dryer. I tried it for a while...

My other friend swears by this African Pride Herbal Grease, her hair is hanging down her back. I've just been using my coconut oil grease by Softee. Maybe it's time to switch up.

Lana

Angelicus

I am an avid user of grease on my hair. I wear buns a lot and put it on my ends. Because I have a scalp issue, I cannot put it on my scalp. But so many ladies on the board have done this with success.

Don't let other regimens let you believe that you don't know what's best for your hair.

kitchen_tician

How did I miss this post? :D Just checkin' in grease monkeys! :grin: 3 cheers for Blue Magic (green jar) and Softee Herbal gro! and any other grease I can get my hands on.

Stephypoo, I'm glad it worked for you. I've used grease forever and never had a problem with it. I prefer grease with petroleum, not mineral oil. Mineral oil is too slick and doesn't act right on my hair. When I first joined, there were very few others who used grease, so it's good to see that it works for many others too.

JOI

My hair was shedding like a dog lol, But when I started using grease all of a sudden it stopped out of the blue plus I started my vitamin regime again, Im sticking with what I know lol.

ak46

StephyPoo said:

I'm a believer. My mom and my aunt have fast growing hair; I know my mom retains her length through low manipulation but wasn't sure about my aunt. My aunt's daughter also has fast growing, thick hair that is already down to her back and she is only 2 (3yrs in jan.) with 4a/b hair. I asked my aunt what her secret is and all she told me was to use products that contain herbs in it. She gave be a jar of Wondergrow Max Herbal Recipe grease for my scalp and a bottle of shea butter for my ends. I only stopped using the grease when I started hearing about it clogging up your scalp...I still have a little left in fact. But the grease really isn't that bad, it was really light and melted on my scalp once I applied it. I might go back to it once I finish all the oils I already have for my scalp :D .

This is the one she gave me:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/paynesbeautysupply-salon_1920_29721925

kally

Come to think of it. Most males use nothing but grease and look how nice and thick their hair is.

DahomeyAhosi

I don't think it's a grease but I started applying ORS carrot oil to my scalp and my shedding has also significantly decreased. I'll be using this as a staple because my shedding is always tremendous.

Soul♥Flower

StephyPoo said:
Atlanta, sorry to hear about your mom, grease does bring back those childhood memories though, I remember every Saturday my aunt used to have the record player going or watching Soul Train and I would sit on the floor with the cup of water, grease and the brush and she would water wave my hair, LOL... good ole days :)

I love sulfur8 because the smell reminds me of when my grandmother used to watch me and all my cousins after school when I was a kid. It seemed like she was always doing her hair when we came from school....so young and carefree. Anyway it's amazing how a smell can bring back such strong memories.

I was wondering why I loved how sulfur8 smelled so much, everyone else I know thinks it stinks!:lol:

grnidmonster

Thank you so much for this post. My scalp was sore last night and itchy this morning, I logged on and this post was "right on time". I grew up with Hair Food-Yellow and went to college and forgot where I came from:lol: . After reading two pages of this post I got up and put some Sidr Butter on my scalp. If that doesn't work, I'm moving to the heavy cream. Heck, I may have to go get me some hair food, I bet my moms has some right now!

ToyToy

Bumping this!!!
I bought Blue Magic Coconut Oil Hair Grease yesterday and put it on my itchy scalp. The itching has stopped!!!!!! And I have used everything from light oils to Qhemet Heavy Cream to all natural pomades and they all left itchy and dry, but with the grease my scalp just calmed down and is not itching!!!!! Plus my scalp isn't dry!!! Since I have run out of all my Qhemet stuff I think I will just stock with this!!!

Iluvsmuhgrass

I don't use alot of grease but oil works wonders for my hair. Yall had me laughing with Blue Magic and Royal Crown (whyyyyyy did I almost say crown royal?) lolol I use it when I bun (if I don't have any castor oil)