You know your hair is getting long when....

sexyeyes3616

Here Are A Few
1.When you're brushing your teeth you may accidently miss the sink because all of a sudden your hair swings in front of your face, getting toothpaste in your hair.............gross
2.When you can feel your hair on your back
3.When your arms aren't long enough to reach the tip of your hair when rolling.
What else ??

AwesomelyNappy

when you have to upgrade to bigger rollers...
when you can finally make a bun without any weave...
when you get into debates over wether your hair is "all yours" or not with perfect strangers...
you constantly bat away your hair off your neck because your not used to the feeling of something crawling on your neck...
you have to tie your hair back in the car if your window or top is down because if you dont, you hair will be in your lipgloss/lipstick, or in your eyes...
you run out of products quicker...
you get more compliments...
people ask you for hair advice... and actually listen or take notes...

Bint Yusef

When it gets stuck in your bra straps
and under your purse strap
Normally my hair is shrunk to about chin length, but when I flat iron it and forget....ouch

AwesomelyNappy

OnAHairQuest said:
Normally my hair is shrunk to about chin length, but when I flat iron it and forget....ouch

***OUCH*** just thinking about that!!!!

HoneyDew

awesomely_nappy said:
when you have to upgrade to bigger rollers...
when you can finally make a bun without any weave...
when you get into debates over wether your hair is "all yours" or not with perfect strangers...
you constantly bat away your hair off your neck because your not used to the feeling of something crawling on your neck...
you have to tie your hair back in the car if your window or top is down because if you dont, you hair will be in your lipgloss/lipstick, or in your eyes...
you run out of products quicker...
you get more compliments...
people ask you for hair advice... and actually listen or take notes...

That's mine. I recently had to do that. :)

kyla

sexyeyes3616 said:
Here Are A Few
1.When you're brushing your teeth you may accidently miss the sink because all of a sudden your hair swings in front of your face, getting toothpaste in your hair.............gross
2.When you can feel your hair on your back
3.When your arms aren't long enough to reach the tip of your hair when rolling.
What else ??

Hi Sexyeyes,

Your hair is soooooooooooo pretty!

Kyla

GoldenBreeze

1. When you have to hold you hair back to wash your face.
2. When you have to roll it several times to put it up in a french roll bun.
3. When you have to pull it around in front of you to finish braiding to the end.
4. When it falls in the water fountain as you lean forward to take of drink.
5. When people ask "Is that ALL your hair".

senimoni

I pulled so much hair this weekend carrying bags....I need to carry a clip with me at all times.

I can relate to the toothpaste in the hair...done that. Sometimes you can't eat.

C

chica_canella

awesomely_nappy said:
when every hug you get from family and friends comes with an undercover-quick-slick-weave check...

you betta' preach girl!:lol:

pinayprincess

when it makes you HOTTER in already SCORCHING summer weather.
when you almost choke on it on accident when eating
when you see long strands in the shower after shampooing/CO-washing.
when your mother-in-law teases you saying she bets that you can't get a comb through it, but when you DO...she gets serious and starts respecting you. (lol)
you run out of conditioners, moisturizers and oils before you know it.
your head feels heavier.

dreysonsmommy2011

people offer to do your hair for free! I have never had anyone offer to do my hair when it was short, but now that it is longer I have co-workers and others offering to do my hair. I don't take them up on their offer because I want my hair to continue to thrive

Last edited:

Christa438

awesomely_nappy said:
...when you get into debates over wether your hair is "all yours" or not with perfect strangers...

Has someone really argued with you after you told them it was your real hair?

awesomely_nappy said:
...when every hug you get from family and friends comes with an undercover-quick-slick-weave check...

:lol: ...And to think...Im actually kinda looking forward to friends & family (not strangers) doing slick weave-checks in the future.

shunta

OnAHairQuest said:
Yep, this is a definite sign!:lol:

AwesomelyNappy

Christa438 said:
Has someone really argued with you after you told them it was your real hair? Yep, I get the "is that all your hair?" (not that its long yet or anything, i'm only at collar) and i say "yep its mine" and then i get the "Nuh uhnnn, i dont think so" "yeah right" or whatever, and we go back and forth until they start reaching to touch it. If i back away (cause i dont like people just touching my hair), they think..."see, now i know its not real because you're too scared to let me touch it... you scared i might find some tracks or glue arent you" Sometimes, i let it down a little to show them my scalp, or if i know them, i MAY let them touch...but its a struggle for them to come to terms that its mine, and it aint even that long yet... its so frustraiting!

:lol: ...And to think...Im actually kinda looking forward to friends & family (not strangers) doing slick weave-checks in the future. this past memorial day, i visited my family and there was a lot of relatives and friends there, and it wasn't until after i left that i realized that everyone that i hugged (and i hugged everyone) had their hands in my hair, and scalp... I realized that i was "chain-checked"

sound

constantly scratching neck/shoulders/back thinking something is crawling on you

whisper's about how good your "weave" looks

when there's a strong wind, you feel like your caught in a wind tunnel due to your

hair all in your face/gloss/eyelashes

double takes in a window, not can't believe your hair has gotten that length (in my cases, has grown back to that length)

when my three year old brother say's "mommy, deijah got a wig"

umm....all i can think of.

C

chica_canella

nikkipoo said:
people offer to do your hair for free! I have never had anyone offer to do my hair when it was short, but now that it is longer I have co-workers and others offering to do my hair. I don't take them up on their offer because I want to keep my hair to continue to thrive

Oh, please don't let them do your hair.:lachen:

caribeandiva

Human being
when people talk to you while looking at your hair the whole time. the first time that happened i thought maybe i had something in my hair but now all my friends do it.

GoldenBreeze

caribeandiva said:
when people talk to you while looking at your hair the whole time. the first time that happened i thought maybe i had something in my hair but now all my friends do it.

Oh, this is so true!

When you HAVE to pin your hair up when you sleep because if not it gets caught in your arm pit when you sleep,

When you sit down your back you rest your back on your hair and cant move until you sit off of your hair.

senimoni

SerenityBreeze said:
When you sit down your back you rest your back on your hair and cant move until you sit off of your hair.

Cosign....this just recently started happening to me.