youtube girl hair abuse update

msa

So I guess we will be charging and taking away every mother of 5yo chipped headed relaxed kids too? :perplexed Putting all those chemicals in their heads, I would assume it'd burn. I think this may have been taken TOTALLY out of proportion. Childrens Aid and Foster care is intended (IMO) for EXTREME cases (i.e. the childs life/well being is endangered), bad hair combing is trivial.. Yes unfortunate, but to take the kids out of their home and into foster care?! Ugh, that's horrible (this is coming from someone who knows plenty of people in a "GOOD" foster care system, and the stories are heartbreak)... Foster care is no joke, it is in my opinion more severe than bad hair combing. I understand that viewers want to punish the mother, but come on, you want to punish the child as well???

Did you see the video?

I'm going to say this again. The outrage at this video has almost nothing to do with the bad hair combing and everything to do with the physical and emotional abuse that was displayed.

Having been in foster care and working in the system, please believe I don't report bad hair combing or other trivial nonsense. As a mandated reporter the moment I saw that video I was required by law to report it because it was CLEARLY child abuse, no if, ands, or buts about it.

You know what, I hope none of your children or relative's children ever goes through anything like that. If they did, maybe then it would be easy for y'all to recognize it for what it is, ABUSE.

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister
I think this may have been taken TOTALLY out of proportion. Childrens Aid and Foster care is intended (IMO) for EXTREME cases (i.e. the childs life/well being is endangered), bad hair combing is trivial.. Yes unfortunate, but to take the kids out of their home and into foster care?

It wasn't just "bad hair combing", there was also psychological and emotional abuse in this instance. I do not understand why these kinds of abuse are overlooked or made not as serious.

Trivial definition: Of little worth or importance

I think not. :nono:

girlyprincess23

All I can say is although I am conflicted, I am happy that little girl is no longer in the care of that lunatic!! She is clearly stark raving mad to treat that child (blessing from God that she is) in such a fashion). But also I want to say maybe you (OP) or someone should see if there is a way those children could be placed with you or them because my mother was a group home administrator/ social worker for most of my adolescent life and let me tell you....those places: foster care, group home, etc (and this is in Upstate NY which I am pretty sure is on par with if not better than Chicago) are AWFUL!!!!!!! The things young girls are exposed and subjected to in these places are deplorable and heart wrenching. Now I don't know if the mental and physical abuse she was sustaining here is worse than what she will sustain in the "system" but she is not out of the fire so to speak. Remember that nice marhsall you spoke to is NOT taking them home with him. He is taking them to a more than likely an overcrowded run down group home with most likely dangerous residents (the children) as well as dangerous caregivers (the workers) Can you say child molestation aka rape..rampant! My mother had to leave that profession because of all of the stress and heartbreak! I have had several "foster sisters". I really fear for this little girl as well as her brother (my uncle could tell you stories....not being a female is not predator protection!) As beautiful as she is she is a walking, talking, breathing mark! Trust me when I tell you. I feel so strongly about this...I would take them to prevent them from going to where I know they are going to. All I want to say with this is good work but please don't convince yourself your job is done. She/ They are not going to a happy place. I can't speak on if it will be better because I do not know all of the circumstances, but I believe follow up efforts are more than warranted in this case. PM me if you want any help.

Last edited:

Neith

So I guess we will be charging and taking away every mother of 5yo chipped headed relaxed kids too? :perplexed Putting all those chemicals in their heads, I would assume it'd burn. I think this may have been taken TOTALLY out of proportion. Childrens Aid and Foster care is intended (IMO) for EXTREME cases (i.e. the childs life/well being is endangered), bad hair combing is trivial.. Yes unfortunate, but to take the kids out of their home and into foster care?! Ugh, that's horrible (this is coming from someone who knows plenty of people in a "GOOD" foster care system, and the stories are heartbreak)... Foster care is no joke, it is in my opinion more severe than bad hair combing. I understand that viewers want to punish the mother, but come on, you want to punish the child as well???

Even if you didn't see the video (which I refuse to post because I just don't want to watch it or look for it again), look at the pictures that lynnieb posted. DO YOU SEE THOSE BALD SPOTS IN THAT CHILD'S HEAD? Those were literally ripped out.

Sad, sad, sad. How is that not abuse?

How would you react if you went to a salon and they did that while they were "detangling" your hair? Would you just sit in the chair and keep quiet because it's just so trivial?

Tarae

It's obviously not just about "bad hair combing", though. If a thorough and proper investigation was conducted, there was obviously a lot worse going on in the home for them to remove the children.

RedVelvet310

Did you see the video?

I'm going to say this again. The outrage at this video has almost nothing to do with the bad hair combing and everything to do with the physical and emotional abuse that was displayed.

Having been in foster care and working in the system, please believe I don't report bad hair combing or other trivial nonsense. As a mandated reporter the moment I saw that video I was required by law to report it because it was CLEARLY child abuse, no if, ands, or buts about it.

You know what, I hope none of your children or relative's children ever goes through anything like that. If they did, maybe then it would be easy for y'all to recognize it for what it is, ABUSE.

It wasn't just "bad hair combing", there was also psychological and emotional abuse in this instance. I do not understand why these kinds of abuse are overlooked or made not as serious.

Trivial definition: Of little worth or importance

I think not. :nono:

I just believed that this was not the solution to the situation. Would I deem her a BAD MOTHER? No. Would I deem her a mother who simply made the wrong choices? Yes. Was taking the child away totally necessary? No. Could perhaps counselling for the mother and the family be a BETTER solution? Instead of taking the child OUT of the home, have the family assigned to a social worker who would visit, evaluate the home, the children, the mother, have the mother speak to some type of therapist? What's happening with the mother right now? The kids are out of the home, but how is the mother being helped? Was the whole situation just a "show" because her daughter was taping it. I just don't know. But it's a sad outcome to an unfortunate situation. :nono:

bedazzled

I just believed that this was not the solution to the situation. Would I deem her a BAD MOTHER? No. Would I deem her a mother who simply made the wrong choices? Yes. Was taking the child away totally necessary? No. Could perhaps counselling for the mother and the family be a BETTER solution? Instead of taking the child OUT of the home, have the family assigned to a social worker who would visit, evaluate the home, the children, the mother, have the mother speak to some type of therapist? What's happening with the mother right now? The kids are out of the home, but how is the mother being helped? Was the whole situation just a "show" because her daughter was taping it. I just don't know. But it's a sad outcome to an unfortunate situation. :nono:

this. 100% agree.

msa

Rant on.

(This is not directed at anyone in particular.)

I am so SICK and mfing TIRED of folks complaining about the foster care system every time a child is taken out of their home. Do you know how much foster parents go through to become foster parents? How much time they give up? How much paperwork they have to do? How much drama they put up with? How much of their own money they spend?

All for y'alls children (or relatives children) that you don't want to take care of. And then you want to lump all foster parents together as if every single home is just a hell hole of abuse. Most foster kids are ECSTATIC to finally be somewhere that they have a bed to sleep in (that they don't have to share), 3 meals a day (and not cheetos and top ramen either), and someone who actually gives a fcuk about them.

If the foster care system is so damn bad get up off your asses and become a foster parent. Or better yet, teach your family members to stop abusing and neglecting their kids. Then that way we wouldn't have any kids in the system in the first place and then you'd have nothing to complain about.

Rant off.

Duchesse

I strongly agree with your post. I agree that the mother was being emotionally/physically abusive to her daughter, but I feel that counselling/anger management would have been a better option.

It's obvious that the mother was very likely not well educated, probably living in poverty, and born into it with the emotional dysfunctions that result.

I did feel like smacking that mother against the head when I saw the video, but never thought that her children should be removed from her home. It really pains me to think of that little girl now, and how she must be missing her mother. Sigh...the cycle continues..

naturalmanenyc

I finally watched some of this video and it looks as if this "mother" is taking it out on her child that the child has manageable hair while "mom" doesn't. It does not even appear that "mom" had any intention of styling the hair but just brushing it out of torture. There is no way that she combs/brushes her own hair in such a manner.

The details are on-line:

"The mother in the video is 32 year old Tiffany Dixon(maiden) and her 17 year old daughter Temperance is recording it, the little girls name is Autumn, and the little boys name is Ian. The 2 kids father is white and his name is Brian. They live in a Detroit Suburb St.clair Shores Mi. Tiffany is employed in the Finance Department at Costco in Detroit. Her sister Krystle and her husban Allen Simpson own Sound and Secure Stereo and security car shop in Detroit."

Last edited:

msa

I said it earlier. CPS does not remove children WITHOUT CAUSE. The children were removed for a reason. They cannot be left in the home if their safety is compromised.

The number one goal is always reunification with the family. It's a federal law. The mother is receiving services to make reunification possible (probably parenting, counseling, etc. etc.). In this case, leaving the children in the home was probably detrimental to their well being and that's why they couldn't do it that way. If there was no risk for their safety, they would have been left in the home while receiving services.

Charz

Sinister Minister

You do not know what else was going on in that house. Obviously it was bad enough for CPS to intervene.

RedVelvet310

I strongly agree with your post. I agree that the mother was being emotionally/physically abusive to her daughter, but I feel that counselling/anger management would have been a better option.

It's obvious that the mother was very likely not well educated, probably living in poverty, and born into it with the emotional dysfunctions that result.

I did feel like smacking that mother against the head when I saw the video, but never thought that her children should be removed from her home. It really pains me to think of that little girl now, and how she must be missing her mother. Sigh...the cycle continues..

:yep: I'm confused as to WHY they took the child away SO FAST :perplexed. Why wasn't there some type of investigation first? In all the situations of my friends who were in foster care (back in high school) there was usually a time period between someone contacted CAS and the child being taken away unless there was something TRULY illegal occuring (i.e. rape, drug activity, child was put in hospital). Is the system backed up? It's "easier"/less expensive to just take the child out and put her in a group home/foster family... because it was a black mother, they already had preconceived notions of low-income African American familes? :perplexed So many unanswered questions, but with what I am receiving now, I'm definately NOT rejoicing.

girlyprincess23

Any one and I do mean ANYONE who does not think what this mother did was torture than may I suggest that you find a comb and a brush and begin pulling out your own hair, from your own scalp with that comb or brush.

DO IT. Do it now! See how it feels to be tortured and powerless to do anything about it by scream and cry.

You may not hold your own hair so it doesn't hurt.
You may not use conditioner or wet the hair.
You may not take small sections of hair to work on.
You may not comb or brush gently.

You WILL leave your hair dry and tangled and use that damn brush.
You WILL use long, brutally forceful, ripping motions from root to tip.
You WILL also take the comb and brush and back tease the hair to make it even more matted at the roots and after ALL of that, you will proceed to rip and tear the matts right out of your scalp.

You will do this for 5-10 minutes NONSTOP.

When you are finished, your head MUST look like this little girls scalp (hopefully it'll feel like it's on fire). And, while looking in the mirror you don't notice any bald patches, then DO IT AGAIN and AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO.

Better yet, have an enemy of yours do it to you and you will feel just a tiny bit of what this little girl must have felt, her pain and agony will be your pain and agony. I'm reasonably sure that any of you would pray to God that some kind soul would intervene on your behalf.

I sincerely hope that this child and her brother can feel what it's like to live in a home of true love. I hope and pray that their souls can begin to heal.

I hope the mother receives whatever treatments she needs and if or when she ever gets these children back, she will know how to properly care for AND treat them with love.

Excellent idea for those that do not believe that what is going on here is abuse! Wait! You forgot to add have your enemy curse you and pretty much call you a fatherless bastard. You just DON'T treat children that way...black, white, brown, purple, yellow. It's unnecessary and uncalled for. She is not simply "getting her hair combed". She is being abused physically, emotionally and verbally. How would you ladies (as a little girl) feel if you called out for your daddy during a traumatic ordeal and all you were answered with was your abuser's harsh "You aint got no damn daddy!" :wallbash:This is clearly more than rough hair combing this is emotional, physical, verbal abuse on every level rained down on a poor helpless child and if you can not see the abuse here you need to have your head and eyes examined, as well as your heart just to make sure it is still there!:wallbash:

Neith

HOW is it that people who:

1. Who wouldn't want to be treated this way
2. Wouldn't want their children this way
3. Wouldn't treat anyone else this way

Can make excuses for the mom??

I don't care how dumb, uneducated, ignorant, or whatever else someone is... you know what pain feels like. You know it's not nice to rip people's hair out with a brush.

There is no "excuse" It wasn't just a bad decision. It was PURPOSELY done to harm the child. It's not like she tried to do the right thing.

ETA:

Someone who would be so vicious toward their own kid and post it on YOUTUBE under COMEDY... y'all are actually surprised that the children were taken away?

God knows what else was happening in that household! OF COURSE there was an investigation. They just don't roll up on people and take the children away (unless the child's life is in danger)

Last edited:

msa

:yep: I'm confused as to WHY they took the child away SO FAST :perplexed. Why wasn't there some type of investigation first?

There was an investigation, it apparently took about 3 weeks. It was obviously substantiated and that's why they were removed. The reason it may have happened that quickly is because the video was on national news. After that type of scrutiny the department can't sit around and do nothing.

In all the situations of my friends who were in foster care (back in high school) there was usually a time period between someone contacted CAS and the child being taken away unless there was something TRULY illegal occuring (i.e. rape, drug activity, child was put in hospital).

Child abuse is not "TRULY illegal"? SMH. That's an evil thing to say. It's still abuse even if the child has no physical marks or isn't beat bad enough to end up in the hospital.

Is the system backed up? It's "easier"/less expensive to just take the child out and put her in a group home/foster family... because it was a black mother, they already had preconceived notions of low-income African American familes? :perplexed So many unanswered questions, but with what I am receiving now, I'm definately NOT rejoicing.

The system is backed up but that doesn't stop parents from abusing their kids and it definitely doesn't stop the department from doing what they are mandated to do by law.

This has nothing to do with "easier" or "cheaper". It's about SAFETY. The children were obviously not safe in the home. They were removed. End of story.

And this really has nothing to do with race or low-income families. This is about a mother who posted a video of herself abusing her child and allowing the older daughter to taunt the child as well. IT was abuse plan and simple.

Why don't you let someone do the same thing to you and then report back on whether it's abuse or not?

anon123

I think there has been so much pain and trauma around black people's hair that now many cannot recognize abuse in any form as long as it involves hair. As though somehow it's just mentally inconceivable, just impossible, for a mother to abuse her child as long as a comb or brush is in her hand. Like once a comb or brush is involved, there really are no limitations on what you can do or say to a person. Excuse me, a child. We all know children don't actually have the rights of a full human.

People have said it many times in this thread but I'm going to say it again. It was clear in that video that it was not about "combing hair." It was clear that the mother was actually making an effort to physically hurt her child. When you are making an effort to physically hurt your child and make her cry, jerking her around, and cursing her out, how is that not abuse? One more time, it is not just "she doesn't know how to comb hair"!

And seriously, there's no way that you are actually trying to physically hurt your child and rejoicing and laughing when she cries as you yank her around, but you are not abusing her in other ways. That behavior doesn't just cut off when you put the comb or brush down, because it's clearly a mindset you have about how you feel about and treat this little person.

a_g_doren

This was not just bad hair combing techniques. The child was not overreacting. And she was not getting a spanking.

I truly don't understand how it is not obvious to some people that this child was being abused. Is this what we've come to accept as the norm in our community?

This just makes me sad. My mother abused me for years before I was put into to foster care and now I understand why it went on so long. Obviously, folks didn't even think it was a problem.

:ohwell::nono::nono::nono::ohwell:

MSA- I don't know what you went through as child, I'm glad that you got you away and sorry that you or anyone ever has to suffer any form abuse.

I don't think that other posters are confused as to whether or not there is a problem so much as what is best way to help. From what I've seen in the news and read on my own foster care can be as bad or worse than the situation in the home. I think that is why people are expressing mixed feelings and hoping that the mother will somehow become a better parent.

Abusers do change their stripes. My mother was definitely what some would consider abusive to me and my older sister when we were small. Whipping us with extension cords and cursing us out etc...Her father had been an alchoholic and an abuser as well. Beating his wife and children, pulling guns on them and gambling away all the food money etc...Of her own volition my mother stopped using physical discipline at all and eventually came to believe that parents did not need to hit their children to discipline.

People can and do change. We don't know where the mom in this video is coming from and nor do we know where she's going. To hope that she would stop abusing her children is not a bad thing, nor unrealistic.

RedVelvet310

There was an investigation, it apparently took about 3 weeks. It was obviously substantiated and that's why they were removed. The reason it may have happened that quickly is because the video was on national news. After that type of scrutiny the department can't sit around and do nothing.
According to the OP, it took Children's Aid 3 weeks to even PAY ATTENTION. Not start an investigation.

Child abuse is not "TRULY illegal"? SMH. That's an evil thing to say. It's still abuse even if the child has no physical marks or isn't beat bad enough to end up in the hospital.
I meant that meaning a situation that was more serious, in need of quick actions, something that was life threatening I.E. Rape, drug activity, the child was put in the hospical, et cetera

The system is backed up but that doesn't stop parents from abusing their kids and it definitely doesn't stop the department from doing what they are mandated to do by law.

This has nothing to do with "easier" or "cheaper". It's about SAFETY. The children were obviously not safe in the home. They were removed. End of story.

And this really has nothing to do with race or low-income families. This is about a mother who posted a video of herself abusing her child and allowing the older daughter to taunt the child as well. IT was abuse plan and simple.

Why don't you let someone do the same thing to you and then report back on whether it's abuse or not?
Hey, as a child of Caribbean parents I got my fair share of "physical discipline" or whatever you want to call it. Was that child abuse? I definately don't think so, but I understand how SOME from the outside looking in may believe it to be. But did the mother take that to another level? Yes, do I believe that She took it to such an extreme that she deserved to get her children taken away from her and put into foster care? No.

All I am saying is, with what I am receiving from the OP, I'm still left with a LOT of unanswered questions. It is the rare occasion that I am happy that a child was taken from their mother, and unless I have all the facts of the situation, I am still left with my opinions. Yes there COULD'VE been more going on in the home that caused CPS to take the child away, but that is still circumstantial (as far as WE know) JMHO.

Last edited:

Sui Topi

I finally watched some of this video and it looks as if this "mother" is taking it out on her child that the child has manageable hair while "mom" doesn't. It does not even appear that "mom" had any intention of styling the hair but just brushing it out of torture. There is no way that she combs/brushes her own hair in such a manner.

The details are on-line:

"The mother in the video is 32 year old Tiffany Dixon(maiden) and her 17 year old daughter Temperance is recording it, the little girls name is Autumn, and the little boys name is Ian. The 2 kids father is white and his name is Brian. They live in a Detroit Suburb St.clair Shores Mi. Tiffany is employed in the Finance Department at Costco in Detroit. Her sister Krystle and her husban Allen Simpson own Sound and Secure Stereo and security car shop in Detroit."

:blush: People are putting her and her family's information out there like that? If I was her sister, I would pretty mad if someone came to my store and started railing me up over this.

I just hope the kids are going to be taken care of because I do agree the mother is certainly not fit. I could never treat my kids like that and they can get on my neeeerves. Look at that little baby's scalp! That isn't from just one time either, and the whole thing that some of you need to remember, she wasn't just combing her hair and the little girl was acting up. She had no intent of styling or maintaining that little girls hair. She was purposely doing that to hurt her and it seems like she was even trying to act badder because she was on camera and thought it was funny. Imagine how she treats that little girl in other things if combing her hair can be a punishment. Does she not feed her too as a punishment? When she was a baby, did she not change her diapers as a punishment? I'm not saying she did but just follow that line of behaviour and think of the possibilities. I would get a rap on the knuckles with the comb if I was acting extra and tried to take my mom's hands out my hair when I was little, and I also got my moms legs wrapped around my waist to stay still too but guess what.. my mom would do her best to be gentle and it was to some purpose. At the end of it all I would have a nice hair style, not bald patches.

Sounique

Excuse me but I'm about to step on some toes...

Okay I understand that some feel that Mom was harsh in handling her own child, but surely you can't think that removing them from their home, because you don't agree with the way the mother combed her child's hair, is justifiable. The little girl was apparently throwing a tantrum. Both children appeared healthy otherwise.
:realitycheck:
These children have been ripped from their home and all you self righteous people have the nerve to applaud! :nono: Are they better off now? They are in the custody of the state! OMG! Anything could be happening! If you don't know, how about googling how children are physically and sexually abused while in those state homes! But atleast her Mom is not brushing her hair so roughly! Right? Get real!! Who's combing her hair now, (if it is getting combed)? Whose tucking her in at night? Do you think she's happier now? Safer? In a better place? Please! Has she been separated from her brother? These children's world has been turned upside down! I'm sure they are crying for their Mom every night. This has gone way too far!

And you wonder why the media dismissed it.

Bottom line...this is some BS! Sometimes it's necessary to step in for the safety of the children, but this is plainly a case of people needing to mind their own business.

I pray that those children are safe and returned to their mother unscaved!

Neith

MSA- I don't know what you went through as child, I'm glad that you got you away and sorry that you or anyone ever has to suffer any form abuse.

I don't think that other posters are confused as to whether or not there is a problem so much as what is best way to help. From what I've seen in the news and read on my own foster care can be as bad or worse than the situation in the home. I think that is why people are expressing mixed feelings and hoping that the mother will somehow become a better parent.

Abusers do change their stripes. My mother was definitely what some would consider abusive to me and my older sister when we were small. Whipping us with extension cords and cursing us out etc...Her father had been an alchoholic and an abuser as well. Beating his wife and children, pulling guns on them and gambling away all the food money etc...Of her own volition my mother stopped using physical discipline at all and eventually came to believe that parents did not need to hit their children to discipline.

People can and do change. We don't know where the mom in this video is coming from and nor do we know where she's going. To hope that she would stop abusing her children is not a bad thing, nor unrealistic.

We ALL hope for the best.

However, I don't feel very sorry for the mom. I feel sorry for the defenseless victim.

The mom had a chance to grow up and DECIDE that she wouldn't continue down that path because she knows how it feels. If that is the case.

Some people change, and some people are rotten to the core. No one here knows what will become of it...

but I am not going to feel sorry for the woman because it's HER fault. She did something that is disgusting and inexcusable. Not people who reported her, not abusers from her past, not her children, not anyone else's fault but her own.

I DO hope that she gets it together and that she actually loves her children... there IS a chance that she will change her ways. There is also a big chance that she won't.

Neith

Okay I understand that some feel that Mom was harsh in handling her own child, but surely you can't think that removing them from their home, because you don't agree with the way the mother combed her child's hair, is justifiable. The little girl was apparently throwing a tantrum. Both children appeared healthy otherwise.
These children have been ripped from their home and all you self righteous people have the nerve to applaud! :nono: Are they better off now? They are in the custody of the state! OMG! Anything could be happening! If you don't know, how about googling how children are physically and sexually abused while in those state homes! But atleast her Mom is not brushing her hair so roughly! Right? Get real!! Who's combing her hair now, (if it is getting combed)? Whose tucking her in at night? Do you think she's happier now? Safer? In a better place? Please! Has she been separated from her brother? These children's world has been turned upside down! I'm sure they are crying for their Mom every night. This has gone way too far!

Bottom line...this is some BS! Sometimes it's necessary to step in for the safety of the children, but this is plainly a case of people needing to mind their own business.

Have you seen the full videos with your own eyes? Unless you have, then don't be so quick to judge. Many people even in this thread don't know the full story and haven't even seen the video. It's NOT JUST ROUGH DETANGLING.

RedVelvet310

My biggest beef is why people are HAPPY? At the end of the day, their lives are unaffected by this. You will turn off the computer and go on with your regular business. Something about the OP just seems fishy to say the least. :perplexed

Sui Topi

It is so not just about how she is combing her hair, oh my gosh! You don't see she is doing that as a punishment to the little girl? Look at the mother's face! I know we can be hair snobs on this forum, but this is not about an improper detangling technique. She is trying extra hard to be vicious to a little girl by combing her hair as painfully as she can. Can you imagine what else she does to them? Not to mention she was recognized by an employee of CPS? She is already known to them as abusive.

babyhurr4

I have mixed emotions about this whole thing.

I do too! I feel that what that mother did wasn't right but if people were really thinking about those kids in the way that they claimed, they would have sat down and thought long and hard about how those children would feel after being taken away from their mother and thrown into a cold system with people they know nothing about! I can just imagine those children being afraid being away from their family. I mean, the fear they must be feeling right now keeps weighing heavy on my heart. I'm starting to question the people who claimed they wanted to "help" these kids. Did they really think about how the kids would have felt being snatched away from the only home they ever knew? Did these people really think this situation of putting them into CPS custody away from their family would really make these kids feel better? Or were people just trying to play Superman in order to make themselves feel better? you know, just to pat themselves on the back and say "I have done the right thing! That mother deserves this!"
In a way, that is cruel to me, because you're not only punishing the mother by having her children taken away, those kids are being punished as well. Now, who is really thinking of their mental well being after having to endure such an ordeal of being taken away from home? I didn't want the mother to hurt that child, either, but I was hoping that she would realize her actions and get some help....like parenting classes or something like that. Mind you, this lady was combing her child's hair on video not beating her to a bloody pulp. I know abuse is abuse, but between having her mother comb her child's hair improperly as oppose to her being thrown into a system where no one really cares about her, is only seen as a "case" or "number in a file", abused by strangers and afraid....well then.....I would have rather she had stayed with her mother and her mother just learning her lesson and just learn to do right by her child. I really want to stay with this case now....because I NEED to know that these children are better off now that they have been thrown into an even more confusing system. I really do hope there will be updates on the children's well being. I don't feel better at all about this because I know this isn't about me....but about those kids....and I'm starting to think people have detoured away from that and not seeing the overall big picture here. And that is these kid's lives have been changed in a major way, and who is to know for sure if that change was for the better or far much worse than their previous situation?

MochaEyeCandy

Reading some of the crap in this thread is making my head hurt. And you know what really works my last nerve? Not a single person making light of this video would tolerate their hair being handled in such a manner. What's really sad is, if that video was of a dog being groomed with the same brute force, the world would be outraged, and talking about how animal cruelty is a precursor to committing violent crimes against people. Too bad she's just a child, and not an animal. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: GTFOOHWTBS!!!

Last edited:

DivaD04

I think there has been so much pain and trauma around black people's hair that now many cannot recognize abuse in any form as long as it involves hair. As though somehow it's just mentally inconceivable, just impossible, for a mother to abuse her child as long as a comb or brush is in her hand. Like once a comb or brush is involved, there really are no limitations on what you can do or say to a person. Excuse me, a child. We all know children don't actually have the rights of a full human.

People have said it many times in this thread but I'm going to say it again. It was clear in that video that it was not about "combing hair." It was clear that the mother was actually making an effort to physically hurt her child. When you are making an effort to physically hurt your child and make her cry, jerking her around, and cursing her out, how is that not abuse? One more time, it is not just "she doesn't know how to comb hair"!

And seriously, there's no way that you are actually trying to physically hurt your child and rejoicing and laughing when she cries as you yank her around, but you are not abusing her in other ways. That behavior doesn't just cut off when you put the comb or brush down, because it's clearly a mindset you have about how you feel about and treat this little person.

i think you and many more have very valid thoughts in here. i don't think it can be shown nor said any clearer. sometimes....alot of times, folks get the, it's not my child or problem so i don't care attitude. or maybe it's the idea of not being able to fathom the thought of personal brutal force. i guess tackling a child like she was a linebacker just to yack the tihs out a little girl's hair is part of one's reggie. and the fact we should pass it off as an uncooperative child. whatever the reasons are, i personally feel now that the children aren't in her custody, this gives hopeful individuals the opportunity to love to beautiful children. i am too through with this thread. the uncompassion for that little girl weighs heavy and ignorance is bliss. for those who feel the right thing has been done, i feel you 100%. and yes i have called cps on someone b4. just like the hair abusing mother, kicking your 11 yr old son in the chest and leaving your footprint in it is not my idea of parenting. it's sad and pathetic! mothers get real! God takes care of His children, nothing but peace and blessings shall flow their way.