Youtubers that made you go natural (or encouranged you to stay Natural)

BAABound

kandake here is what she said, it's still on her fb page. Apparently the line is from a Drake song.

What grinds my gears??? Chicks that think they are "doing it big" because they have more than 150 followers on twitter/instagram from their own home town.....stop. "Worried bout your followers, you need to get your dollars up".....let us know when you gain some career goals and aspirations.....you may now return to your foolery....#truth

Raspberry

@kandake here is what she said, it's still on her fb page. Apparently the line is from a Drake song.

What grinds my gears??? Chicks that think they are "doing it big" because they have more than 150 followers on twitter/instagram from their own home town.....stop. "Worried bout your followers, you need to get your dollars up".....let us know when you gain some career goals and aspirations.....you may now return to your foolery....#truth

I don't see anything wrong with what she said, basically the truth IMO. But blunt/straight talkers often rub people the wrong way, especially if they have a large following that will dissect their every word. Oh well...

ETA: If she was talking about a specific person then yea, her comment was unnecessary, if she was making a general statement than I dont' see anything wrong with it.

Last edited:

SimJam

well i never saw the whole BBBD thing I actually found her weight loss vids back in '08 .... Ive never really looked to her for hair vids.

I think that comment was unnecessary and unfair, why should she take away another persons feeling of accomplishment? .... Im sure she must have also been happy when she just started out to see 100+ subbies.

LORKS I also forgot fusionofcultures .... as one of my fave yourtubers now ... love her accent and bubbly personality

also britpopprincess .... but shes not really into hair vids now.

NikkiQ

I absolutely LOVE EllePixie aka Quest For the Perfect Curl, Naptural85,SimplYounique, and MsDanti1.

I used to love Taren's yt channel, but ever since she started plugging shoes and other websites before her video starts...I'm just a bit put off by it. I rather just follow her on YT or instagram just to see her pics.

JJamiah

Sooo true, first went natural in 1999 .... twas a lonely road :lachen:

the persons I followed on you tube first were

BlackOnyx77
cynthiarf
innovativethinkin
ShellyBean729
SilkySwag
Summyr1988
Nikkimae2003

only the last 2 still make videos .... but I really only enjoy Summyr's vids now
the main person who influenced me was cynthiarf :yep: I still love love love her hair and I wish she would come back and make videos:perplexed

As for current encouragement and entertainment

Naptrual85
Splinta24
MsVcharles
vanie0295
whoissugar

WOW! I remember cutting my hair bald in January 1999----- U COULD NOT TELL me I was not Lauren Hill's Twin Sister by the end of the year :giggle: I was feeling the Lauren Hill, Erika badu, Maxell (don't know if he was out but that was my hair style :lachen:

OH MAN, I didn't know about any videos or the such that I could see how to style my hair and people were so ignorant and probably still are but not so much. I got a few comments of oh, why you do that!!!!! Like i just ate a pot of poo! :perplexed:

mscurly

mscurly yea maybe she feels like a celebrity but it was so funny how as soon as someone called her on her ish that post was deleted. I think some youtubers have a hard time creating that balance and come off conceited while others just keep it simple and share a lot. So many want to monetize off of subscribers and followers now. Facebook and youtube have changed a lot. Everyone has brand now and I can't blame them it just reminds me to eat a piece of humble pie sometimes because its not that serious.

Exactly, I don't care if your getting paid or not. I don't knock someone else's hustle. But at the same time you gotta stay humble. Its like okay BBD I know you a hood chick who got an education but don't degrade other while your still trying to come up.

She still comes across so ghetto to me. With all those degrees she still don't know how to talk proper english. smh

jerseyhaircare

I'm not sure if she had a youtube account, but I was inspired by Dani of hairmilk. Her documentation of her long term transition made me see the potential of black hair.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Can't post vids b/c I'm at work but...

HairCrush
SilkySwag (she's of friend of mine from school...really sweet:yep:)
jcokes7
mynaturalsistas :love:
Vcharles
kasheeralatash
colouredbeautiful
iknowlee :love: