2015 APL/BSL Challenge

Was supposed to flexirod my hair but 3 of my kids were sick. Was in ER all yesterday they all have the flu smh...ugh pray for us please.

My new wig should be at home waiting for me when I get back.

I'm going to wash, deep condition and trim my ends and cut off the heat damaged areas and test her out

Oh my prayers are with you we all had the flu/strep tango in our house from Christmas night until last week. It was hell

Thanks girl...yeah my oldest son first got sick then my two youngest. My two older girls are yet to get it thank God. Hoping they find some relief soon.

I bought my supplies to do my crochet braids. The two beauty supply shops near my house didn't have Freetress. There were a couple more that I could have gone to, but I was too lazy Friday. I did find Model Model Water Wave so I'll try it out this weekend. I flat ironed my hair out of frustration last week and it has held up despite my working out 5 times a week so I'm letting it roll another week. After my evening jog Friday, I'll wash my hair and get it ready to braid.

Yesterday I had my hair in a puff with 2 flat twists in the front for a lil flare. It's the first time I've worn a puff with a ponytail holder. It was cute though. I plan to experiment with rods next.

I bought my supplies to do my crochet braids. The two beauty supply shops near my house didn't have Freetress. There were a couple more that I could have gone to, but I was too lazy Friday. I did find Model Model Water Wave so I'll try it out this weekend. I flat ironed my hair out of frustration last week and it has held up despite my working out 5 times a week so I'm letting it roll another week. After my evening jog Friday, I'll wash my hair and get it ready to braid.

Cant wait to see your hair girly!

Ladies I am currently in a very bad weave so can't share pics but I'm happy cos the lady who installed it was very careful with my hair and not many people see me since am still on maternity leave so I don't care very much.

I've been having some really good hair days recently thanks to roller setting. I think it may be too much manipulation for my transitioning hair though so I'm still on the hunt for a go to style.

Thank you hun! I feel a sore throat coming and I can't afford to get sick! Smh

Noooo! Dang it! You will not get sick you will not get sick you will not get sick!

Get to the doc today if you can and get FluMist a or tamiflu. It will knock it out or lessen the effects but you have to take it with the first tickle in the throat or its too late.

Yoy will NOT get sick!

Noooo! Dang it! You will not get sick you will not get sick you will not get sick!

Get to the doc today if you can and get FluMist a or tamiflu. It will knock it out or lessen the effects but you have to take it with the first tickle in the throat or its too late.

Yoy will NOT get sick!

Lol thanks girl.

HairPleezeGrow hang in there honey prayers for all of y'all.

Trying out a new style since I'm tired of my little top knot. Was also having problem with small broken ends but I figured out the problem. No more dry combing and I need to be more gentle. Get a little bit of hair and start acking cray cray!

ForumRunner_20150119_135349.jpg

ForumRunner_20150119_134933.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150119_134833.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150119_134833.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 31
huh...so i realized that the hair in the front of my head is actually past my chin and not just past my bottom lip like i think i put in my info for this challenge. i had no idea hahaha. so yay to that.

today marks day 8 with my minitwists. i cleansed with witch hazel, baking soda and hot water in a spray bottle last night. it seemed to do a pretty good job at getting all the oil and stuff out of my hair...i could see the dirtiness in the sink. ewwww...then i deep conditioned with hair chemist macadamia oil deep repair masque. i love that dc. it's great for me. LOC moisturized using the water from my dc rinse, castor, olive & coconut oil mix and as i am doublebutter cream .

now, i've got my twists pinned to stretch them back out a bit.

my hair has been feeling really good lately. keeping great moisture levels. i had really gotten lazy and wasnt really getting the moisture i needed. wasnt buying proper dcs or moisturizers. i think we're good now. i'm well stocked LOL.

Not a fan of extensions but I'm going to put my hair in havana twists next week after I bleach a small section of it on sunday. I hate sitting down for hours doing my hair so I'm hoping the twists won't take longer than 3 hours. Fingers crossed that I won't want to take them out straight away haha..

Hopefully the protective styling will help it grow

My hair is fully straightened. Im not unhappy. But that dang section of super grow hair is a nuissance. Its longer and hangs straight instead of poofing up a little like the rest. I like the gentle poof :/

My hair is fully straightened. Im not unhappy. But that dang section of super grow hair is a nuissance. Its longer and hangs straight instead of poofing up a little like the rest. I like the gentle poof :/
Aww. I find that straightening is such a hit and miss. I straightened mine yesterday and it was one of the best.. I don't know if I will ever get those results again :nono:

I'm having a sudden increase in shedding, breakage and single strand knots. Ugh I don't think it is meant for me to have long hair...ugh. I need to fix my diet asap. That has been the only change I made. And today I tried an apple cider vinegar rinse. I don't know what is going on

I'm having a sudden increase in shedding, breakage and single strand knots. Ugh I don't think it is meant for me to have long hair...ugh. I need to fix my diet asap. That has been the only change I made. And today I tried an apple cider vinegar rinse. I don't know what is going on
That happens to me when I introduce too many new products too fast. What has worked for me:
Clarify.
Go back to my tried and true staple products and regimen.
Don't manipulate unless necessary.
I usually get it under control by the second week. You can also add some garlic pills for the shedding. Good luck. I hope this is very brief.

That happens to me when I introduce too many new products too fast. What has worked for me:
Clarify.
Go back to my tried and true staple products and regimen.
Don't manipulate unless necessary.
I usually get it under control by the second week. You can also add some garlic pills for the shedding. Good luck. I hope this is very brief.

Yes! I realized an extreme increase in shedding for my dd and I. We both got trims but the shedding continued. I finally clarified, did an acv rinse, protein treatment, moisturizing deep conditioner, and a low manipulation style. I used our staple products and all is well now. Don't worry about me jumping on the pj bandwagon again!

Interview tomorrow. Straight hair in a bun. Chapstick. A smigde of mascara. Bare nails. Flat shoes (im tall). I think im ready :)

Back