2015 Oils,Buttas,Grease,Lotions Pomades,Cremes Challenge

Used a Jane Carter Solution Scalp Nourishing Serum + Extra Dark JBCO on scalp
EO Lavender Fields leave in conditioner + Oyin Handmade Whipped Shea Butter on hair

Been using the Organix coconut quenching leave in butter before my blow outs and to M&S my flat twists at night plus EVOO and I like it so far. Its great for summer and smells really good.

For winter I will definitely need something thicker and heavier. Avocado butter has been a thought for a while now. I may go ahead and give that a shot.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas everyone!

I just experimented and purchased KKNT and I love it. I only need a little.

I also use Crece Pelo Leave In. The deep conditioner is awesome.

In terms of oils, I use Wild Growth Hair Oil - the white and green bottle along with the Yellow moisturizing bottle. I've received great growth & retention using both consistently.

Thank you for the tag, OP!

I still use my shea mix, so this will be it for now. I think....

I've been wanting to try that oil for a while now, once I am done with my bottle of Doo Gro I think I will be giving it a shot. I think it'll be great when I wear crochets for winter.

Since you ladies are all about the butters, can you tell me how to make a liquid oil into a butter? Is it a matter of just whipping the mess out of it? I want to take pure macadamia nut oil and turn it into a butter. I don't want to add any other oils or butters to it.

Since you ladies are all about the butters, can you tell me how to make a liquid oil into a butter? Is it a matter of just whipping the mess out of it? I want to take pure macadamia nut oil and turn it into a butter. I don't want to add any other oils or butters to it.

I just lurk in this thread, but you can turn any oil into a butter by combining it with hydrogenated vegetable oil e.g.
http://www.theherbarie.com/VegeThix-Flakes.html

I accidentally put WAAAAAAAAAY too much NO herbal styling oil on my hair yesterday. I squeezed the bottle and my goodness...I had to go to work with oil literally dripping down my face b/c I didn't have time to wash before work. Needless to say today was an impromptu wash day. I used QB OHHB and MHC Type 4 cream. I'm in 10 braids for the rest of the week.

I used
Fairytales Rosemary Repel leave in Conditioner
Vatika Naturals enriched coconut + WiseWays Goldilocks Hair Oil mix

Hair is in 12 gigantic twists in an updo. I used the following:
Jane Carter Solution Restore Moisture Mist + Fairy Tales Rosemary Repel Leave in Conditioner mix
Mahabringraj oil
Nubian Heritage Lemongrass & Tea Tree infused Shea Butter

Will use: Either the last few drops of my Avocado (over my DC'er) or will use EVOO or something?

Will use: Marie Dean's Jojoba Oil in Brown Sugar & Fig (with my L-I)

After my Hair Dries: ? but will use ED JBCO.

Back