~~~2016 Delectable Deep Condition Challenge~~~

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Doing a DC overnight with Silk Dreams Shea What. I'm not too hopeful because it is super thick.

ETA: This deep conditioner is almost too much protein for my hair. It is on the border, but still has enough moisture that I didn't feel like I needed a moisturizing conditioner after using it. However, I made sure that I used really moisturizing leave-ins.

Last edited:

trclemons

I put SM Nonoi & Monoi and Superfruit on my hair while I went to my nephew's game this morning (~2 hours). Now I'm under the heat cap for about 1.5 hours.

Aggie

This morning I:

Covered my previously texlaxed hair with a mixture of Affirm Preservo and Chi Silk Infusion

Based my scalp with Blue Magic Castor Oil Grease

Texlaxed with a mixture of Afirm Fiberguard Mild Lye relaxer, Keracare Restorative Mask and Sunflower Oil

Mid-Protein treat with a mixture of Affirm Sustenance and Neutral Silk Protein for 5 minutes

Neutralized with Affirm Neutralizing Shampoo followed by 1 minute of French Stabilizer Plus to further bring down pH - my hair is usually very hard after using the French Stabilizer and I don't know why but it makes my hair feel pretty strong so I keep using it.

Deep Conditioning with a combination of Bekura Cocoa Bark and YAM Nectar for 30 minutes.

Oil Rinsing in the shower with hot Pumpkin Seed Butter (melted)

Detangling with Terrene Fusions Moisturizing Detangling Cream

Leave-In with APB Leave In Conditioner.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I exfoliated my scalp with Nioxin Scalp Renew
Washed with Ion Scalp care shampoo
3o minute dc Kerastase Densite mask and Lait Vital

Aggie

Overnight last night I Deep Conditioned on dry hair with 4 Bella Naturale' Cocoavonana mixed with Terrene Fusions Ultra Rich Mango Deep Conditioner.

Today I :

Added a pre poo oil on top of my DC and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before detangling and washing it out
Shampooed with Jason Naturals Thin to Thick Shampoo
Quick rinse out with the remainder of the TF URM Deep Conditioner
Leave-in with Bel Nouvo Avocado & Shea Hair Milk.

I also did a demi color on my hair as well, followed with a quick oil rinse to soften, leave-in and bun for the day.:look:

Aggie

Before Hurricane Matthew Comes Today I:

Prepooed with Meadow foam Oil/AVJ Combo
Shampooed with Redken Color Extend Magnetics Shampoo - this really cleaned my hair well.
Deep Condiotioned with 4 Bella Naturale Babassu and Blueberry Deep Conditioner - This is very nice, softened my squeaky clean hair wonderfully.
Leave-In - Naturelle Grow Sweet Plantain Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Cowashed with Aphogee 2 minute/peppermint oil and did a 30 minute dc with Chroma Riche mask.

My hair was very easy to detangle tonight

NaturallyATLPCH

Before Hurricane Matthew Comes Today I:

Prepooed with Meadow foam Oil/AVJ Combo
Shampooed with Redken Color Extend Magnetics Shampoo - this really cleaned my hair well.
Deep Condiotioned with 4 Bella Naturale Babassu and Blueberry Deep Conditioner - This is very nice, softened my squeaky clean hair wonderfully.
Leave-In - Naturelle Grow Sweet Plantain Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner.
You be safe down there @Aggie .
Bella Naturale has adjusted her shipping and it's more reasonable so I'll definitely be picking up some things.

Rozlewis

Did a protein treatment with Komaza Care Protein Strengthener for 30 mins and followed up with Bee Mine Beautiful Protein Free DC for 30 mins with heat and 3 mins no heat.