2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

MizzBFly

So Ms CP uploaded a new video that basically talked about her extended partnership with BelleBar Organics and her new product in the line: a rhassoul clay cleanser.
I compared her latest kit to the kit a few months ago at the beginning of the partnership. It seems the ingredient recommendations have done a little switching around and a cleanser was added to the commercial kit.
Vids for comparison if anyone is interested:

So I have two questions to the group:
1) How are you brewing/What are you putting in tea rinses?
2)Would you/Has anyone purchased Belle Bar CP products? I apologize in advance if I missed your post.

At $125 for the latest kit, I’m a bit shocked. Not because I don’t think it’s worth it. And lord knows I’ve probably spent many times over that amount in my PJ days...

I guess question 3 is: Is a $125 hair growth kit cost prohibitive to you? Why/why not?

The first attractant for me in Ayurveda was the inexpensiveness of it. #2: high efficacy though natural #3:customization... I do wonder if I’d be such a proponent of it if it cost the same or more than regular synthetic stuff. And if people’s first contact with Ayurveda is this do they then leave with the impression that it’s very expensive or time intensive to prepare and use.

How are you brewing/What are you putting in tea rinses? 1 cleansing powder and 2 moisturizing powders plus rose powder
2)Would you/Has anyone purchased Belle Bar CP products? I apologize in advance if I missed your post. Heck No! I wouldn’t for those prices and honestly never checked the website it’s listed on, but I was curious until @kxlot79 said a cleanser was added :rolleyes:
I’m not intimidated by Auyveda and I know it works. I’ve used it since I was natural in 2010. Much success to Farida tho:clapping:

I guess question 3 is: Is a $125 hair growth kit cost prohibitive to you? Why/why not? Yep- that price is foolishness. When you start your base with LOW COST growth remedies that accelerates growth then you offer a $125 kito_O
I pitty the fool:lachen:... naw hon, I can read all the literature my LHCF sistas came through wit!!:cool2:

Last edited:

MizzBFly

Okay everyone, I have a confession to make:

The last time I did a overnight full henna treatment (6 weeks ago), I did not deep condition after. There I said it! I feel better now. :lachen: My hair just felt too good and I couldn’t be bothered. Hey, and since using S-Curl, I’ve been feeling invincible with my hair —it’s just so moisturizing that I was not worried.

That is all.
This is me after a clay treatment. I did it again last Saturday.:giggle:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
How are you brewing/What are you putting in tea rinses? 1 cleansing powder and 2 moisturizing powders plus rose powder
2)Would you/Has anyone purchased Belle Bar CP products? I apologize in advance if I missed your post. Heck No! I wouldn’t for those prices and honestly never checked the website it’s listed on, but I was curious until @kxlot79 said a cleanser was added :rolleyes:
I’m not intimidated by Auyveda and I know it works. I’ve used it since I was natural in 2010. Much success to Farida tho:clapping:

I guess question 3 is: Is a $125 hair growth kit cost prohibitive to you? Why/why not? Yep- that price us foolishness. When you start your base with LOW COST growth remedies that accelerates growth then you offer a $125 kito_O
I pitty the fool:lachen:... naw hon, I can read all the literature my LHCF sistas came through wit!!:cool2:

:lachen:

Honey Bee

Pics!

In order:
1. Chunky twist out
2. Length check
3. Raggedy crown (I snipped right where my fingers are)
4. Trimmed crown

20180103_215214.jpg

20180103_215649.jpg

Eta: ok, just checking to see if the pics were up. I trimmed about 1.5" off everywhere. I'm now closer to CBL than APL. (This is the same yoyo I was on during my relaxed days:approach APL, trim back. :yawn: Fingers crossed for a different outcome.)

I washed today, didn't 'do' anything especially ayurvedic bc I was testing out a new dc (a base that I think I like so far). I did, however, seal with my shea butter/ broc butter/ mahabringraj oil mix, so I guess that counts. :look:

Attachments

• 20180103_220042.jpg
    20180103_220042.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20180103_221023.jpg
    20180103_221023.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I don't think I ever filled this out so here I finally am!
  1. What do you hope to gain from trialing a CurlyProverbz-based regimen?
    • Increased strength and strand thickness
  2. What products or mixes do you intend to use?
    • Right now I am being incredibly lazy. I make two oil mixes by adding a spoonful of Nupur 9 henna mix to about 8 oz avocado oil and about 8 oz coconut oil and leaving each for a long time in the sun. I just shake the bottles regularly.
    • I also add a squirt of Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee (got some ayurvedic stuff in it and I need to use it up) to X-Cel 21 and use that as my spritz
    • I use the coconut oil as a prepoo along with PK Elasticizer and I add some of the avocado oil and another spoonful of Nupur 9 to my deep conditioner mix (Afrotastic Curl Elastic + Silicon Mix).
    • I add the avocado oil to my ends every other day or so.
    • Since I'm in Jamaica and the windows in this country are stupid, I can't do the lazy method for making the next oil batches. I have an unused slow cooker that I'll make the oil with instead.
  3. How frequently will you cleanse your hair?
    • Once a week
  4. How frequently will you apply your various products, mixes, etc?
    • Once a week for conditioner and prepoo
    • Every other day for oil mix
  5. How frequently will you trim or search and destroy?
    • Whenever I see thinning or splits I cut the affected areas
  6. Anything else you'd like to share?
    • I have some shea butter to make an ayurvedic shea butter mix but I'm using CRN Almond Jai right now
I hope this is enough like CurlyProverbz for me to belong here. :look: I realize I don't follow any of her recipes exactly. I kind of just throw ayurveda into other stuff.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I don't think I ever filled this out so here I finally am!
  1. What do you hope to gain from trialing a CurlyProverbz-based regimen?
    • Increased strength and strand thickness
  2. What products or mixes do you intend to use?
    • Right now I am being incredibly lazy. I make two oil mixes by adding a spoonful of Nupur 9 henna mix to about 8 oz avocado oil and about 8 oz coconut oil and leaving each for a long time in the sun. I just shake the bottles regularly.
    • I also add a squirt of Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee (got some ayurvedic stuff in it and I need to use it up) to X-Cel 21 and use that as my spritz
    • I use the coconut oil as a prepoo along with PK Elasticizer and I add some of the avocado oil and another spoonful of Nupur 9 to my deep conditioner mix (Afrotastic Curl Elastic + Silicon Mix).
    • I add the avocado oil to my ends every other day or so.
    • Since I'm in Jamaica and the windows in this country are stupid, I can't do the lazy method for making the next oil batches. I have an unused slow cooker that I'll make the oil with instead.
  3. How frequently will you cleanse your hair?
    • Once a week
  4. How frequently will you apply your various products, mixes, etc?
    • Once a week for conditioner and prepoo
    • Every other day for oil mix
  5. How frequently will you trim or search and destroy?
    • Whenever I see thinning or splits I cut the affected areas
  6. Anything else you'd like to share?
    • I have some shea butter to make an ayurvedic shea butter mix but I'm using CRN Almond Jai
I hope this is enough like CurlyProverbz for me to belong here. :look: I realize I don't follow any of her recipes exactly. I kind of just throw ayurveda into other stuff.

:yep: It's absolutely enough. Most of us have tweaked that baheebeejeebees out of her recipes and our are simply doing what works for us. Welcome! :smile:

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Honey Bee your hair looks good. Your crown looks better than you state. Just give all of it time. Another thing: when I was relaxed. I realized what I wasn’t doing was sealing mid-length to ends well. Get a heavy sealer in there OR double seal (apply Shea Butter to the entire section and as you twist, apply more Shea Butter down the length halfway, even if you have to dip several times). Seems like a lot, but that has really helped me retain well.

Taleah2009

Finally made a new batch of CP growth oil on Wednesday evening. my recipe was:
1 tbs of henna
1 ts of amla and brahmi
1 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of olive oil
melt all of these together and then poured into a jar

added 3 tbs of funekgreek seeds
10 squirts each of rosemary and peppermint oils
1 ts of MSM powder

this morning I added in some jojoba just because it was sitting there. I will add some JBCO tonight as well. My husband had the bottle in his bag. I was tearing up looking for until I finally asked him last night had he seen it:confused:

I was a bad girl. I haven't oiled my scalp all week.

Honey Bee

I did my henna gloss and it was great! My hair feels stronger with no adverse effects. I shouldn't really be surprised since, a, I used henna relaxed (but it was pre-mixed!), and b, my fine hair loves protein-y things, but you never know.

I mixed 2 tsps of henna with a dash of acv and water. The next day I added one tsp of hibiscus powder (no rose) and avg. That sat for about an hour. (It turned burgundy, so pretty!) Added enough conditioner to turn it from burgundy to a dark rose color, left it on 3 hrs. Rinsed with V05 Clarifying conditioner. LCO'd (w/ diluted KCKT, Oyin Hair Dew and my shea butter/ broc butter/ mahabringraj oil mix). My hair is drying now.

@Taleah2009, don't feel bad, I haven't oiled my scalp in a while either. :nono: I need to make another batch of oil. Oh! I bought an electric mug warmer to gently heat my oils!!! I meant to tell yall! :lol: (I'm obviously v excited.) Hopefully I get my stuff sometime this month. :rolleyes:

In conclusion, lol, henna gloss- successful. :up: I can't wait to do a real treatment. I used to do my henna twice a month. Of course, back then, I was dealing with relaxer damage. Fine haired ladies, how often do you henna?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I did my henna gloss and it was great! My hair feels stronger with no adverse effects. I shouldn't really be surprised since, a, I used henna relaxed (but it was pre-mixed!), and b, my fine hair loves protein-y things, but you never know.

I mixed 2 tsps of henna with a dash of acv and water. The next day I added one tsp of hibiscus powder (no rose) and avg. That sat for about an hour. (It turned burgundy, so pretty!) Added enough conditioner to turn it from burgundy to a dark rose color, left it on 3 hrs. Rinsed with V05 Clarifying conditioner. LCO'd (w/ diluted KCKT, Oyin Hair Dew and my shea butter/ broc butter/ mahabringraj oil mix). My hair is drying now.

@Taleah2009, don't feel bad, I haven't oiled my scalp in a while either. :nono: I need to make another batch of oil. Oh! I bought an electric mug warmer to gently heat my oils!!! I meant to tell yall! :lol: (I'm obviously v excited.) Hopefully I get my stuff sometime this month. :rolleyes:

In conclusion, lol, henna gloss- successful. :up: I can't wait to do a real treatment. I used to do my henna twice a month. Of course, back then, I was dealing with relaxer damage. Fine haired ladies, how often do you henna?

Yay!

I've been thinking about your investment and excitement and sending vibes that your experimentation stays fun and effective!

Good deal! :smile: :up:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I was just thinking....

do you think we should list all of her recipes as a reference in the event she deletes her youtube videos since her products are now available for purchase online? Sometimes, these people will delete their "how to" videos once they get a line going......your thoughts?

Agreed. :yep:

I've had that as a project, but maybe we can divide and conquer?

I'm making a private website for us (not trying to step on her toes). The goal was to distill her recipes to it and summarize the videos--with CLARITY and SIMPLICITY.

Let me go make it public but unGoogleable so folks can see it.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wavey:

Hey, all. :smile:

Group Project (Yay!)

Please grab a CurlyProverbz video, link it, and type out the recipe beneath it (ingredients and method as best you can understand).

To make sure no one is working on the same video/recipe at the same time, feel free to at first just link in a video and indicate that you got it!

Nevermind! @Honey Bee already did it! Thanks still!

Last edited:

ThatJerseyGirl

Absolutely. I'm not doing anything because we got snow here in southern virginia and I do not drive or go out in this kind of weather.

We can list it and this way we will have it in the event they get deleted like 22ndCW did. She deleted her videos.....Once they figure out their sales quota aren't being met because the recipes are online, they'll dummy up and start deleting so I think it is best that we have them here. The gloss, the henna spray, shea mix, and growth oil.... all of it. I mean let's face it....not that many people are going to fork over a hunnit bucks for some products, especially when those powders at an indian grocer range from 2.99-3.99. Even the parachut coconut oil for a small bottle is like 8 bucks. GTFOH with payin a hunnit and then have to pay for international mailing....then when u get ur packet home, you only have enough for one maybe two washings.....damn dat....nahhhh...i'm good. Plus, we have been doing ayurvedic practices since before she discovered it and i mean waay back in the day....chile puleez....

Honey Bee

These are the recipes and notes I have.

"Clay wash and beginners ayurvedic routine"
"How to build an ayurvedic regimen for hair growth"
"DIY henna, amla, and brahmi hair oil (ayurvedic)"
"Hair growth like a #BOSS ayurvedic oil recipe"
"Super hair growth oil DIY recipe"
"Curly routine- TEA and protective styling for max hair growth"
"Four DIY natural detanglers and leave in recipes you need in your life"
"4 INGREDIENT SUPER HAIR GROWTH OIL works for weave damaged edges and slow hair growth"
"Ayurvedic black soap shampoo for mad hair growth"
"Henna and rose gloss bar- crazy moisturized hair and length retention"

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Go, @Honey Bee. :yep:

Here's a link to the site I am making for us. I need to streamline it some, but I figured we could use an easy-to-navigate site. Even if we type them all here, I lose posts in these long threads.

At this page, I give what I hope is a super concise presentation on the Hair Tea. Video, clear ingredients list, clear list of other items needed, super concise instructions.

https://cpinspiredhaircare.wordpress.com/videos/recipe-videos/video-hair-tea/

Honey Bee

Go, @Honey Bee. :yep:

Here's a link to the site I am making for us. I need to streamline it some, but I figured we could use an easy-to-navigate site. Even if we type them all here, I lose posts in these long threads.

At this page, I give what I hope is a super concise presentation on the Hair Tea. Video, clear ingredients list, clear list of other items needed, super concise instructions.

https://cpinspiredhaircare.wordpress.com/videos/recipe-videos/video-hair-tea/

You betta go 'head! That's a beautiful site! :yep:

So should I just pm you my notes?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This is how I formatted it, to try to make it as concise, complete, and user-friendly as I could.

---------

[Video] Hair Tea

Caution: This tea will stain your clothes, so it is advised that you wear a covering such as a towel over your clothes as you are spraying the tea onto your hair.

Dry Ingredients
•Henna (natural, body art quality) : 1 tablespoon
•Amla: 1/2 a tablespoon
•Brahmi: 1/2 a tablespoon
•Shikakai: 1/2 a tablespoon

Wet Ingredients
•Hot (but not boiling) water: enough to fill a tea mug
•lavender oil or tea tree oil

Other
•an empty spray bottle (to use as a container for the tea)
•a nonmetal tea mug
•nonmetal measuring spoons
•cheese cloth or pantyhose (for straining)
•a nonmetal utensil for stirring the tea mixture

Method

Mix dry and wet ingredients in a tea mug. Allow it to sit for a minimum of 4 hours and up to overnight. Strain the liquid into the empty spray bottle.