2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

YvetteWithJoy

On break

You betta go 'head! That's a beautiful site! :yep:

So should I just pm you my notes?

Oh, that would be PERFECT! You rock, lady!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy I may have missed it but do we refrigerate the tea or no. I added tea tree as a preservatives she said but I don’t remember her saying anything else

I don't recall her saying anything about refrigerating it, but I'm not sure.

I make mine, put some in a super tiny spray bottle, and refrigerate the rest until I use it. I don't refrigerate my tiny spray bottle.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Absolutely. I'm not doing anything because we got snow here in southern virginia and I do not drive or go out in this kind of weather.

We can list it and this way we will have it in the event they get deleted like 22ndCW did. She deleted her videos.....Once they figure out their sales quota aren't being met because the recipes are online, they'll dummy up and start deleting so I think it is best that we have them here. The gloss, the henna spray, shea mix, and growth oil.... all of it. I mean let's face it....not that many people are going to fork over a hunnit bucks for some products, especially when those powders at an indian grocer range from 2.99-3.99. Even the parachut coconut oil for a small bottle is like 8 bucks. GTFOH with payin a hunnit and then have to pay for international mailing....then when u get ur packet home, you only have enough for one maybe two washings.....damn dat....nahhhh...i'm good. Plus, we have been doing ayurvedic practices since before she discovered it and i mean waay back in the day....chile puleez....

I will post the recipes to page one of this thread so that they are always here. Good point.

ThatJerseyGirl

CP's AYURVEDIC Strengthening Tea

1 Spray bottle
Measuring Spoons
Cheesecloth
Rubber-band
Henna Powder
Amla Powder
Brahmi Powder
Shikakai Powder
Lavender Essential Oil
Hot Water
Coffee Mug

Boil water and let it sit until it is hot, but not boiling hot. Add 1 tsp of each powder into a coffee mug. Add hot water (not boiling) and give it a good stir. Let the herbs marinate in the hot water as she does not specify for how long. It's just like making tea so marinate at your own discretion. Strain the herbs from the tea by way of using the cheesecloth to cover the mouth of the mug, add rubber-band to secure the cheesecloth and strain the tea. Pour strained tea mixture into another mug. Then she poured the tea mixture into her spray bottle. I never did see her use the lavender essential oil, so one can assume you add that into your tea mixture in the spray bottle.

Let me know if I've missed anything.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
CP's AYURVEDIC Strengthening Tea

1 Spray bottle
Measuring Spoons
Cheesecloth
Rubber-band
Henna Powder
Amla Powder
Brahmi Powder
Shikakai Powder
Lavender Essential Oil
Hot Water
Coffee Mug

Boil water and let it sit until it is hot, but not boiling hot. Add 1 tsp of each powder into a coffee mug. Add hot water (not boiling) and give it a good stir. Let the herbs marinate in the hot water as she does not specify for how long. It's just like making tea so marinate at your own discretion. Strain the herbs from the tea by way of using the cheesecloth to cover the mouth of the mug, add rubber-band to secure the cheesecloth and strain the tea. Pour strained tea mixture into another mug. Then she poured the tea mixture into her spray bottle. I never did see her use the lavender essential oil, so one can assume you add that into your tea mixture in the spray bottle.

Let me know if I've missed anything.

Thanks, lady!

@Honey Bee already had every single recipe typed up. Eeeeeep! So we don't have to do them.

fifigirl

Go, @Honey Bee. :yep:

Here's a link to the site I am making for us. I need to streamline it some, but I figured we could use an easy-to-navigate site. Even if we type them all here, I lose posts in these long threads.

At this page, I give what I hope is a super concise presentation on the Hair Tea. Video, clear ingredients list, clear list of other items needed, super concise instructions.

https://cpinspiredhaircare.wordpress.com/videos/recipe-videos/video-hair-tea/

Well done! I actually smirked at the title! Well done dear and Thanks for always having all our backs!

ThatJerseyGirl

Whipped Shea butter and Henna infused coconut oil mix for hair growth

Items Used
Essential organic Raw Coconut oil
Henna and shea butter -
Amla
Brahmi
Peppermint essential oil
Glass Jar

*Disclaimer* I copied and pasted the title and items used from the description in her youtube video. Also, she did not show case which powders she used, as she jumped right into making the mix.

In a large pan, with the flame on low (low as possible), add Amla, Brahmi and Henna powders to pan and stir using a wooden spoon. Add raw coconut oil and stir continuously. Once complete, pour mixture into bowl. She suggested straining herb before letting the oil mix solidify. She didn't do it in the video, but she suggested it.

After the mix has solidified, add your unrefined shea butter. She didn't specify how much. Mix with a hand held mixer. Mix until you get it your shea mix whipped. Pour mixture into container of your choice. I guess you could add your essential oils at this point. Unless I missed it, I did not see her include it.

For as long as we have it for now, I included the video for this recipe in the event I've missed something along the way. No shade to her, but I'm starting to notice some inconsistencies, but that's okay. We'll have it here and I'm sure the ladies on this board can pretty much figure things out and custom their mixes to fit their hair. More to come....

ThatJerseyGirl

How I make my henna , shikakai and amla hair gloss - Ayruvedic

*Disclaimer* I noticed that she removed the items that she used in her descriptions. I know it was there before because I wrote them down. I actually copied and pasted it into a Word document. See, this is what I'm saying about how they will delete videos and certain content once they create a brand for themselves. I can't knock the hustle so...

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Olive Oil
Avocado Oil
Shikakai powder
Amla Powder
Henna Powder
Conditioner of your choice
Measuring Spoons

She suggests a tsp or tbspn of powders. Tablespoon of shikakai powder, teaspoon of amla and henna powders. Add water until you get a thick mud like paste. Add one to two tablespoons of each oil. Mix until the mixture is somewhat thin. Add your conditioner. This should make it somewhat thick again. Stir your mixture. Let it sit for 4 to 16 hours.

She does not indicate how long to leave the mixture in your hair. You could use your own discretion at this point. Let me know if I've missed anything.

ThatJerseyGirl

Cassia gloss | Beginners ayurvedic routine

Tea Mixture to Mix
Two table spoons of Tea (ayurvedic tea mixture)
In this video, she uses her own tea bag
She added hot water
Lavender Essential Oil
Tea Tree Essential Oil

MASK

1/2 Cup of Henna
1/2 Cup of Cassia
1/2 Cup of Aloe Vera Powder
Add hot water or aloe vera juice

At this point, the video jumps to the next version of the mix, using the Cassia Powder and a deep conditioner adding hot water. In this video, she is giving alternatives on how to use the glosses, whichever may be easier for you. However, as stated before, you can custom blend your own to tailored for your hair.

Let me know if I missed anything.

ThatJerseyGirl

Super Hair Growth Oil DIY recipe | Before and After footage

Recipe 3/4 cups of Coconut oil
3/4 cups of Extra virgin love oil
1 tsp - 2 tsp msm
1/2 tsp Vitamin C please note I no longer add this to my oil. It's fine when I apply it to my scalp or for an hour to my hair but I recently did and over night DC and added this oil and I am convinced this ingredient left my hair very dry! I do however take it orally as it has awesome hair growth benefits
Table spoon henna 1/2 cup fenugreek seeds Indian shop
5 tablespoons of castor oil
5-10 Drops of Tea tree
Rosemary
Peppermint
Please use vit c with caution if you have coloured hair

She added the powders to a jar. Add the warm coconut oil and olive oil. Next add your essential oils. She suggests infusing the oils for four weeks, but of course, we are advanced in that we now are using warmers, crockpots, etc.

Let me know if I've missed something.

ThatJerseyGirl

How I use my DIY SUPER hair growth oil and boost its potency

In this video, she suggests pouring the oil into an applicator bottle and oiling your scalp two to four times a week. This is what she does for HER hair. You can use at your own discretion. Not only does she oil her scalp but massages it into her scalp using a scalp massager.

She also suggests using the oil by coating each strand of your hair (in her accent lolol) the evening before you shampoo. Translation - as a pre poo.

ThatJerseyGirl

MUST SEE: Updated henna and fenugreek mask and application

So guys this is a must see henna mask tutorial . This mask can be used to stimulate hair growth and strengthen hair on a monthly or 6 weekly basis. The rest of the time I recommend you use my gloss and tea. Please see below xox

1/2 Cup of Henna
1/2 Cup of Cassia
1/2 Cup of Aloe Vera Powder
1/2 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds
Warm Advocado and Olive Oil to the fenugreek seeds

Let me pause and say they carry the powder now, so I would be consistent and use 1/2 cup of fenugreek powder. She grounds the fenugreeks seeds in this video and I know I don't have a mortar and pestle nor would I use one for this purpose.

She takes the fenugeek seed oil mixture and add it to the powders and stir. The mixture will sit for at least four hours. Apply to hair as needed.

ThatJerseyGirl

Ayurvedic Black Soap Shampoo for mad hair growth

Indian and African hair growth boosters combine in this easy to make DIY which is deeply nourishing and stimulates hair growth in the follicles of the scalp and boosts circulation.

100 g of Black Soap
2 Tablespoons of ayurvedic herb infused olive oil
1. 5 Tablespoons of vitamin E oil
1 Tablespoon of glycerin
2 Tablespoons of avocado oil

Basic recipe can be simply black soap and water .

naturalagain2

How I make my henna , shikakai and amla hair gloss - Ayruvedic

*Disclaimer* I noticed that she removed the items that she used in her descriptions. I know it was there before because I wrote them down. I actually copied and pasted it into a Word document. See, this is what I'm saying about how they will delete videos and certain content once they create a brand for themselves. I can't knock the hustle so...

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Olive Oil
Avocado Oil
Shikakai powder
Amla Powder
Henna Powder
Conditioner of your choice
Measuring Spoons

She suggests a tsp or tbspn of powders. Tablespoon of shikakai powder, teaspoon of amla and henna powders. Add water until you get a thick mud like paste. Add one to two tablespoons of each oil. Mix until the mixture is somewhat thin. Add your conditioner. This should make it somewhat thick again. Stir your mixture. Let it sit for 4 to 16 hours.

She does not indicate how long to leave the mixture in your hair. You could use your own discretion at this point. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Will be trying this one thanks for posting!!!

Honey Bee

Exactly, and that's why I took notes. I don't chase indie products around. :look: She might fall out with bellebar's next month, and then I wouldn't have the product I had come to depend on. The whole purpose of ayurveda hair care (to me) is self-sufficiency.

Keen

Exactly, and that's why I took notes. I don't chase indie products around. :look: She might fall out with bellebar's next month, and then I wouldn't have the product I had come to depend on. The whole purpose of ayurveda hair care (to me) is self-sufficiency.

I think @ThatJerseyGirl is on to something. Last week I was making oil and tea. I went to her channel for the recipes. Previously, she just included them on the more info area of the video. Well, I didn't find them. I had to google to get her recipe form other bloggers. I wrote down both recipes. I'll write down all of them. Soo, I will add the shea butter recipe to my regi.

ThatJerseyGirl

You're right. And not only that, we will have everything right here for our use. Also, if you have an indian grocer in your neighborhood, you'll see that the powders do not cost that much at all. I just can't see paying that amount of money for those products because for one, you're not going to get a full teaspoon of anything in those packages. You may get one or two good washings with it. Do they come with detailed instructions? Can't knock what she is doing and to be honest, in one of her descriptions which I should post, she mentioned using gro-aut oil regimen, which is how she came up with all of these different recipes. The woman who created the Gro-Aut oil (she uses brahmi, amla, oils, etc.) uses some of these same practices. I know her from way back and I think she lives in this southern part of VA as well. All CP did was use the gro-aut oils, grew her hair and made a custom blend for her. She just so happen to share it on youtube also. Here is her statement below from her Super Hair Growth Oil DIY recipe which is in this thread.

Over the years I have tried and tested so many oils and ingredients with reasonable success in growing my hair faster than its usual rate. I used gro aut oil with great success and attained 2 inches if growth in 8 weeks. I made up my own version with additional ingredients and I thought I would share it with you. If you are looking for fast hair growth, whether your natural or relaxed this is the video for you. This is also suitable for men... so dont be shy give it a go or share it with the man in your life.

I know for a fact these practices work because I did it, CandiC did it, LondonGirl did it and countless others on this thread. In fact, where is Londongirl and CandiC? Anyway, I know CandiC grew her hair to great lengths doing these weekly ayurvedic treatment. It just takes time and being consistent. It's very simple to do if you have the time, and who doesn't have the time to invest in themselves?

ETA: So why pay a hunnit when Gro Aut sells it for much cheaper. Much much cheaper. I'm not endorsing Gro Aut, but just so you can see a diff in price and I can attest that Gro Aut products work because I have used them years back. I just prefer to do my own now.

One important factor that CP does not enforce is the use of Rosemary Oil, which is a very potent oil that will grow hair much more so than Lavendar oil, which I think she uses for the scent. Rosemary oil is where it is in terms of hair growth. Hell, add a 1/2 teaspoon of sulfur to your ayurvedic oil and you should be lookin like Cousin It by the end or at least by the summer of 2018 provided you are consistent in your hair care practices.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I am grateful for the inspiration, but the more I watch these videos, the more I wonder:

Product name
Usage suggestions
Cautions (e.g., pregnancy warning, colors the hair, etc.)
Ingredient name, ingredient amount . . . until each ingredient is listed
Tools needed
Method
Handling advice

Why not include this clearly and succinctly?

:meditate:

Okay. Had to get that off of my chest. :lachen:

ThatJerseyGirl

I think @ThatJerseyGirl is on to something. Last week I was making oil and tea. I went to her channel for the recipes. Previously, she just included them on the more info area of the video. Well, I didn't find them. I had to google to get her recipe form other bloggers. I wrote down both recipes. I'll write down all of them. Soo, I will add the shea butter recipe to my regi.

They were there because I copied and pasted them to a Word document and created my own copious notes tailored to the needs of my own hair. I also noticed that she made edits to a lot of her videos too. She is not a consistent person at all when it comes to her videos. Her descriptions and what she actually does in her videos are two different things, and if you read the comments, many people question what to do, how long to leave it on, etc. You just have to pay attention to the small details. I'll give it to her...she's dummying up by trying to clean up the videos, but too late now because other youtubers have created videos.

Take copious notes from the videos I posted because like smoke, I believe they will vanish soon. At least you have it written here.

ThatJerseyGirl

I am grateful for the inspiration, but the more I watch these videos, the more I wonder:

Product name
Usage suggestions
Cautions (e.g., pregnancy warning, colors the hair, etc.)
Ingredient name, ingredient amount . . . until each ingredient is listed
Tools needed
Method
Handling advice

Why not include this clearly and succinctly?

:meditate:

Okay. Had to get that off of my chest. :lachen:

A lot of her videos have been edited since she is in collab with Bellebar. Initially, it wasn't like that. However, some were never clear with instructions to begin with. You have to listen to her ramble on and on and catch it from there. I can tell you that she is a fan of Amla, Shikakai and Brahmi powders. Coconut Oil, EVOO, etc. Those are her biggest contenders. She talks about the color release of the henna and cassia powders when left for hours to infuse. I totally understand what you're saying. Her rambling is tolerable to watch and listen to because her mannerisms aren't "unique" like 22ndCW. I still get tickled when I think about that..lololol....

Aggie

Whipped Shea butter and Henna infused coconut oil mix for hair growth

Items Used
Essential organic Raw Coconut oil
Henna and shea butter -
Amla
Brahmi
Peppermint essential oil
Glass Jar

*Disclaimer* I copied and pasted the title and items used from the description in her youtube video. Also, she did not show case which powders she used, as she jumped right into making the mix.

In a large pan, with the flame on low (low as possible), add Amla, Brahmi and Henna powders to pan and stir using a wooden spoon. Add raw coconut oil and stir continuously. Once complete, pour mixture into bowl. She suggested straining herb before letting the oil mix solidify. She didn't do it in the video, but she suggested it.

After the mix has solidified, add your unrefined shea butter. She didn't specify how much. Mix with a hand held mixer. Mix until you get it your shea mix whipped. Pour mixture into container of your choice. I guess you could add your essential oils at this point. Unless I missed it, I did not see her include it.

For as long as we have it for now, I included the video for this recipe in the event I've missed something along the way. No shade to her, but I'm starting to notice some inconsistencies, but that's okay. We'll have it here and I'm sure the ladies on this board can pretty much figure things out and custom their mixes to fit their hair. More to come....

Okay pretty much what I'm understanding is that she made an ayurveda infused oil and whipped the shea butter and essential oils of her choice into the infused oil. That sounds easy enough. I can definitely go from there to infinity with this. It's like a light bulb came on right here.

Thanks @ThatJerseyGirl. I have some Vatika Frosting that I want to use and I wonder if I can use/add some of it for this purpose :scratchchin:. I think I can actually. Ooooh I am getting deliriously excited now :grin:

Last edited:

Aggie

They were there because I copied and pasted them to a Word document and created my own copious notes tailored to the needs of my own hair. I also noticed that she made edits to a lot of her videos too. She is not a consistent person at all when it comes to her videos. Her descriptions and what she actually does in her videos are two different things, and if you read the comments, many people question what to do, how long to leave it on, etc. You just have to pay attention to the small details. I'll give it to her...she's dummying up by trying to clean up the videos, but too late now because other youtubers have created videos.

Take copious notes from the videos I posted because like smoke, I believe they will vanish soon. At least you have it written here.
This is something I did a while back with a few of her videos that I know I will be using. I made notes and I keep them on my hard drive at home. She is definitely getting a little business savvy by editing her videos. You have to hand it to her.

I was never really interested in the Shea Butter one until Chicoro started that SB thread. So now that I have the actual gist of her message, I can really go from there and create a few customized blends for my hair. It's not that hard when you really give it some thought.