2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I keep the seeds in too. They sit at the bottom and don’t disturb me. They are even in my applicator bottle with no issues!
Great!!!! I actually placed it in an applicator bottle. I will use it today once my twist are done and scalp is dry. I’m glad I’m not alone.

Also, I do reuse the mix I use for the henna oil and tea for myself, as it seems to be really potent first and second time around. I’m going to stick with doing that.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Anyone still have msm powder in their oil mixes? What’s your experience with it? The good...the bad....I just bought some and may put in my batch that’s almost finished to test it out. I know CP stopped using it.....
I have not. MSM is in my QB Cocoa Tree and I suffer no adverse affects, but I know it could cause drying. I have LoPo hair, so I decided to just not take the chance.

douglala

Great!!!! I actually placed it in an applicator bottle. I will use it today once my twist are done and scalp is dry. I’m glad I’m not alone.

Also, I do reuse the mix I use for the henna oil and tea for myself, as it seems to be really potent first and second time around. I’m going to stick with doing that.
Are you reusing the powder sludge as I like to call it?

fifigirl

Anyone still have msm powder in their oil mixes? What’s your experience with it? The good...the bad....I just bought some and may put in my batch that’s almost finished to test it out. I know CP stopped using it.....
I've used msm in my curly proverbs mix without any issues but if you'r allergic to sulphur it would definitely affect you....also some people find it a bit drying

Aggie

Are you reusing the powder sludge as I like to call it?
I re-use my leftover strained powders from my henna tea as well but I dilute it with a little water and pour it on my scalp and hair and let it stay on while I shower. I massage it in my scalp for about 2 to 3 minutes just before I take my shower though. This leaves my hair feeling pretty good and strong. I'm not throwing away anything.

Hairties

Sprayed my new mix of henna tea. Feels nice and cooling but good.

Contains:
Nettle Tea
Burdock Root Tea
Napur 9 Herb Henna
Brahmi
Amla
Fenugreek Powder
Lavender
Tea Tree
Peppermint
a little Aloe Vera Gel

I need to make batch 3 of the oil mix before thanksgiving. I'll go back to my old notes and make it more like my original mix. I definitely missed the addition of vitamin e.

tapioca_pudding

Did a henna gloss yesterday just to try it. I only left it on for about 20 minutes because I wasn't sure what to expect. When I rinsed, hair felt SO much heavier which I LOVE (my hair always feels so light), and of course stronger. Felt a touch dry BUT I think that's because of the shampoo I used. Next time I'll add some oils and more moisturizing conditioner. Gonna try to do it once per month a la @ElevatedEnergy .

Keen

I think I figured out why my infused oil smells so strong. It wasn't strained enough. For my first batch, I grounded half of the fernugreek seeds because I wasn't sure the seeds were actually being infused. So a lot of that powder ended up on my strained oil. I usually shake the mix before I apply it. When I don't shake, the smell is very light.

I'll start using the coffee strainer method to infuse.

douglala

I re-use my leftover strained powders from my henna tea as well but I dilute it with a little water and pour it on my scalp and hair and let it stay on while I shower. I massage it in my scalp for about 2 to 3 minutes just before I take my shower though. This leaves my hair feeling pretty good and strong. I'm not throwing away anything.
Great idea! I threw my first batch away and immediately regretted it as soon as it it the garbage can.

Aggie

After my life calms down some, I'm going to get some mason jars and chalk board stickers to organize my powders. This ish gets messy lol.
this is exactly what I did as well @tapioca_pudding. I feel it is a lot more organized now and I can find and use stuff much more easily :yep:.

ETA:
I actually need to go get some more mason jars because I have a few more herbs, butters and powders coming soon and I want to keep them all in either mason jars for the dry herbs and zip lock bags for my butters.

Last edited:

Daina

I still use MSM in my oil blends and I also use it in my deep conditioner, glosses and tea rinses. Every 6 weeks I also use a yogurt conditioner as a pre-poo and add MSM and Vit C. Whenever I've had the itches I think it was from using too many drops of the EO's.

Keen

I still use MSM in my oil blends and I also use it in my deep conditioner, glosses and tea rinses. Every 6 weeks I also use a yogurt conditioner as a pre-poo and add MSM and Vit C. Whenever I've had the itches I think it was from using too many drops of the EO's.
So I can add MSM powder to my henna glosses? What will it do? I have more than enough for oil infusion. I'm not taking it it internally. Tried that before.....

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
My last hennas Rx rinsed very well (used the kitchen sink) and I used a Green Tea Hair Mask I got from Etsy but don’t remember who made it. It was tingly and nice.
I’m rocking 12 2-strand twists because I’ve been too lazy to wear my hair out or style it with working out 5 days a week. Woosah. The twists were super juicy, defined curls, strong but soft hair! I’m looking forward to my next Ayurvedic Rx. Still using my hibiscus/green tea spritz daily and the CP oil.

fifigirl

Needed to put my braids in cornrows last night as my plaits were making my wigeon lay flat ad i noticed that my hair felt strong but too strong and a bit dry, despite spraying ayurvedic tea almost daily....i suspect my hair has too much protein as my last condition was a protein conditioner mixed with some ayurvedic herbs like protein which helps make hair strong.
Planning to wash my hair tonight and deep condition with a moisturising conditioner and see howdy hair feels

Honey Bee

I'm here for this. I just took down some crochets and I'm ready to baby my hair (read: wear wigs) until spring. I followed an ayurvedic regimen in my relaxed days, can't see why it wouldnt help now. I have a lot of the stuff, but I need to buy some ayurvedic- specific powders, like amla and shikakai. I also ordered msm powder. :look:

I plan to use ayurveda to put my mhm on overdrive. The steps are as follows:

1. acv + water OR silk- based shampoo OR DIY ayurveda-based African black soap shampoo
2. dc, either moisture based OR a henna gloss OR dc + ayurvedic tea
3. clay masque, either plain (recipe includes: bentonite clay, acv, avg, glycerin, water) OR 'plain + ayurvedic tea
4. use up my remaining KCKT, diluted with water OR diluted with ayurvedic tea OR curly proverbz leave in for kinky hair (with marshmallow root, slippery elm bark, and avg, all of which I already have)
5. gel/ styling/ whatever

I'm not entirely sure what will be in this famed ayurvedic tea :lol:, but whatever it is, I have the large size heat n seal tea bags and intend to freeze and thaw as needed. Same for the marshmallow root- slippery elm concoction, in ice cubes and thawed as needed. I also don't know where I'd like to insert an ayurvedic oil. Maybe as a HOT, mixed into my dc, or between steps 4 and 5. :scratchchin:

Aggie

I'm here for this. I just took down some crochets and I'm ready to baby my hair (read: wear wigs) until spring. I followed an ayurvedic regimen in my relaxed days, can't see why it wouldnt help now. I have a lot of the stuff, but I need to buy some ayurvedic- specific powders, like amla and shikakai. I also ordered msm powder. :look:

I plan to use ayurveda to put my mhm on overdrive. The steps are as follows:

1. acv + water OR silk- based shampoo OR DIY ayurveda-based African black soap shampoo
2. dc, either moisture based OR a henna gloss OR dc + ayurvedic tea
3. clay masque, either plain (recipe includes: bentonite clay, acv, avg, glycerin, water) OR 'plain + ayurvedic tea
4. use up my remaining KCKT, diluted with water OR diluted with ayurvedic tea OR curly proverbz leave in for kinky hair (with marshmallow root, slippery elm bark, and avg, all of which I already have)
5. gel/ styling/ whatever

I'm not entirely sure what will be in this famed ayurvedic tea :lol:, but whatever it is, I have the large size heat n seal tea bags and intend to freeze and thaw as needed. Same for the marshmallow root- slippery elm concoction, in ice cubes and thawed as needed. I also don't know where I'd like to insert an ayurvedic oil. Maybe as a HOT, mixed into my dc, or between steps 4 and 5. :scratchchin:
Oooh. Looks like your recipes are going to be rich @Honey Bee. Can't wait to hear your results.

douglala

The ayervedic regimen has transformed my daughter’s hair. After a year on the swim team her hair was suffering badly. I did her first ever hard core protein treatment (she’s 8) followed by a few weeks of ayervedic treatments. Her hair is so sleek, shiny, and frizz free. I dare say her 4A hair looks more like 3ish.

Is she too young for a full henna treatment or gloss? Her results are just from using the oils daily!

naturalagain2

I plan to join the group. I made my oil today. I plan to let it infuse for a week. I made a small batch. I used 1/2 cup grape seed oil, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup coconut oil, 1 heaping tablespoon of amla and henna powder. Oh I also added 3 or 4 drops of peppermint and rosemary oil.

I deep conditioned today with hibiscus and Amla powder mixed in with my beloved Keracare humecto.... super moisturized hair.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
If you are not taking pictures to track your progress, PLEASE plan to do so in 2018. I just looked at pictures of my hair since I started using Henna AND CP oil/tea. OMG!

I would be less impressed if I was working from memory only. But pictures show the full amount of growth I've gained in a short period of time. Compared to where I was nearly 2 years ago, it's nothing short of incredible.

Yep, I will be putting up with the "mess" of ayurvedic powders for a very very long time.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I just finished my Black Friday 2017 hauling. Yay! I used restraint and focused on ayurveda. I'm going to do thorough trialing before finishing the design of my regimen. I want to stick with whatever regimen I end up developing for a while.

These were my purchases:
Hairveda Vatika Frosting (contains Amla), Red Tea Conditioner, Red Tea Ends Serum, Red Tea Heavy Cream, and Red Tea Curl Popping Gel Smoothie.

Bask and Bloom Brahmi Root Masque and shampoo bar (latter contains rhassoul and bentonite clay)

Last edited: