4 THE LADIES WHO HAVE SHORT HAIR BUT LONG GOALS

Re: 4 THE LADIES WHO HAVE SHORT HAIR BUT LONG GOAL

I just received a relaxer touch up, and gained one inch of new growth!

Being part of the LHCF community has given me inspiration, and the post by dontspeakdefeat was right on time.

Thanks!!!
northernbelle
trampoline.gif

dsd u and all the ladies here and absolutely wonderful coz i kno i feel discouraged at times wen i read about ppl gettin an inch a week and i dont get that in a month so i definatly needed to hear that thanks

Well said as always, DSD.
up.gif
Thanks so much for those of us who needed to hear those words of encouragement. I feel as though I'm starting over also due to a thinning spot in the center of my head months ago, but I'm not gonna let it hold me down.

Sky, I know what you mean. I know that my hair was longer when I was a child, but I didn't realize that others perceived it that way until I connected with a long lost friend last month over the phone & the first thing she asked was 'is your hair still long'? But don't worry Sky - in terms of having longer and healthier hair, we'll all get there together.
smile.gif
Kudos to your for your progress, too.

[ QUOTE ]

Sky, I know what you mean. I know that my hair was longer when I was a child, but I didn't realize that others perceived it that way until I connected with a long lost friend last month over the phone & the first thing she asked was 'is your hair still long'? But don't worry Sky - in terms of having longer and healthier hair, we'll all get there together.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kitkat!
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dsd u and all the ladies here and absolutely wonderful coz i kno i feel discouraged at times wen i read about ppl gettin an inch a week and i dont get that in a month so i definatly needed to hear that thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and that's what we are here for to lift up and support each other! HHG!

[ QUOTE ]
I just received a relaxer touch up, and gained one inch of new growth!

Being part of the LHCF community has given me inspiration, and the post by dontspeakdefeat was right on time.

Thanks!!!
northernbelle
trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Congratulations NB!
dance7.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well said as always, DSD.
up.gif
Thanks so much for those of us who needed to hear those words of encouragement. I feel as though I'm starting over also due to a thinning spot in the center of my head months ago, but I'm not gonna let it hold me down.

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kitkat, starting over can really get you discouraged. I know we can do it and we will all do it together just as you said.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you DSD for your words encouragment!! I needed to here this today.
rosebud.gif
rosebud.gif
rosebud.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I am so glad that this has helped you Dandy!

Quoting Sky:

To be honest it really isnt so much about the growth anymore as it is that I have a healthy head of hair!I know its not about the hair type but the products and the care ! It is liberating to know I can wear my hair in styles I never dreamed because I thought that my hair wasnt long enough or whatever - now since it is healthy it looks good in any style. Be confident with you hair - whatever length it is now. Love it today and it will grow. Dont wait until it gets this length or that length and hide it in shame - love it today.

That is the key - healthy ,clean hair that you can manipulate and manage. I know it sounds like a cliche but if you strive for healthy hair the growth will come ! Healthy , clean hair is the secret.
sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree with this!

Thanks so much for this post DSD! I was getting a little discouraged at one time too until we made our little pact (DSD is my hair buddy) and I read your quote: Healthy and Vibrant is the key, length will eventually come for me.
I have decided to just let my hair "be"

That's enough for me!
smile.gif

Hello. Today is my birthday (I'm 20) and finding your post has truly been a blessing to me today. The words you say are truly an inspiration for me that YES, I CAN achieve the hair length I had when I was a child (a little below shoulder lenght hair) but also that I can go beyond that and reach my ulitmate goal (which would be about bra strap-mid back length thick healthy hair).

Now as a young adult growing up with hair that didn't seem to grow I realize that it too is and can grow longer but there are certain things I need to do to help those things become reality (like for one eating healthier, drinking more water, exercising, and those health things that help the whole body as a whole) and I also plan on getting a major haircut soon so that I can finally get rid of the damaged ends and start off fresh and renew.

Again thanks for your message and I hope that we can all reach our goals of total hair health and happiness.

You are so very welcome Iwanthealthyhair!

I am so happy that I posted this. I didn't realize that so many of us ladies were feeling discouraged. I wish you well in reaching your hair goals.

Oh, Happy 20th Birthday! Have a wonderful fun day!
DSD

I would also like to thank you dontspeakdefeat for posting this. Posts such as this help to brighten my day :) Also, for anyone who's trying to grow short hair don't give up. I had very short hair for at least five years after a relaxing disaster when I was a child, however after learning about how to take care of my hair properly it began to grow (very) slowly but surely. Now my hair is at the middle of brastrap and approaching my first goal length of bottom of brastrap. So be encouraged :)

I was feeling discouraged a couple of weeks but you ladies helped me get through it. Also my hair dresser was commmenting on all the growth I had since last year. Last year at this time my hair was so unhealthy.

[ QUOTE ]
I was feeling discouraged a couple of weeks but you ladies helped me get through it. Also my hair dresser was commmenting on all the growth I had since last year. Last year at this time my hair was so unhealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know... I try not to look for others approval but it is such a good , good feeling when someone notices your hair growth/improvement own their own without being prompted. Its like when you are trying to lose weight and someone notices...only better. My sister braids my hair about every 2 months off and on and she always comments on how healthy it is and how its growing. I really cherish the compliments and dont just write them off as her being "nice".

Thanx DSD, thatz xactly wat i needed to hear b4 leaving 4 school next week. I was so discouraged about not achieving a full 4 inches as part of the summer challenge, but at least i can go to college not only knowing i have healthy hair, but how to keep it that way too.

Yes ladies, keep your heads up. Just because we haven't reached a goal as quickly as we wanted doesn't mean we aren't going to get there.

Remember everyone grows on average 5-6 inches of hair a year. So why not at the end of that year have those wonderful 5-6 inches of hair healthy and vibrant. HHG

Thanks again, DSD for starting this thread. You're a great motivator.

A Christian, your story is very inspiring.
smile.gif

You all have inspired me very much as well because of threads like this. Thanks again to dontspeakdefeat for creating another motivational thread
up.gif
smile.gif

You know it's funny I should read this today. Last night I was talking about how slow my hair was growing and my husband told me I just need to be more patient.

It's beautiful how we can come together and support each other in this process of growing healthy hair. At times I do feel discouraged. But now that I found this website filled w/ so much info. and support...I have a much broader knowledge base on hair care.
DSD it's comforting to no you're not alone and thank for making such a encouraging post.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

When the lights went out in NYC on Thursday, I was moisturizing and oiling my ends by candlelight....

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
You know that the next morning of the blackout i got up and washed my hair... Ahhhh, it felt great, I needed something to get me out of the blackout mood. My mom looked at me like I was on drugs.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the encouraging words, DSD! Me and my layers really needed that!!!
smile.gif

clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad that I could be of help!

[ QUOTE ]
It's beautiful how we can come together and support each other in this process of growing healthy hair. At times I do feel discouraged. But now that I found this website filled w/ so much info. and support...I have a much broader knowledge base on hair care.
DSD it's comforting to no you're not alone and thank for making such a encouraging post.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this is a wonderful feeling!

Back