4B'S - Please vote. Which relaxer is the best for your hair?

Majority 4b's - What relaxer do you use?

• Mizani

Votes: 96 18.5%
  • Phyto

Votes: 48 9.2%
  • Affirm Fiberguard

Votes: 80 15.4%
  • Silk Elements

Votes: 33 6.3%
  • Elasta QP

Votes: 13 2.5%
  • Dark and Lovely

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • ORS

Votes: 106 20.4%
  • Optimum

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Vitale

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 101 19.4%

• Total voters

jade998

I do have some 4a in my hair, however I think that the majority is 4b. I was going to texlax, but I am wondering if I am expecting coils that isn''t there in the first place. There are o's, but I think I will be relaxing however till 85% ish.. Mizani looks like it might be a good shout, but ORS is winning hand down and I am yet to hear something about it.

I wish my scalp could handle lye, It just can't. I am so sensitive. It usually feels like my whole head is on FIRE literally. No Lye has been the only thing that I can use. I was debating whether to use LYE, but I remembered the pain and decided it will have to be a No lye.

Many thanks ladies for all your response, you guys are making the decision less scary and I am quite looking forward to it now :D

Zawaj

jade998 said:
I do have some 4a in my hair, however I think that the majority is 4b. I was going to texlax, but I am wondering if I am expecting coils that isn''t there in the first place. There are o's, but I think I will be relaxing however till 85% ish.. Mizani looks like it might be a good shout, but ORS is winning hand down and I am yet to hear something about it.

I wish my scalp could handle lye, It just can't. I am so sensitive. It usually feels like my whole head is on FIRE literally. No Lye has been the only thing that I can use. I was debating whether to use LYE, but I remembered the pain and decided it will have to be a No lye.

Many thanks ladies for all your response, you guys are making the decision less scary and I am quite looking forward to it now :D

You and I are in the same boat. I have been natural for years but I really want to relax or texlax. I have similar texture to yours but I have some very loose 4a or 3c :confused: that is about 1/4 of my hair. I am debating between the PhytoSpecific I or II. I don't want my hair bone straight and I relaxed my mom's hair with Phyto II and it got really straight really fast (which is what she wanted). I am not relaxing until July so I have time to stalk these threads until then :lol:.

IntoMyhair

I voted Optimum been using it for years now, but i may need something different cause it won't knock out this 1 area of waves

jade998

finewine83 said:
what is ORS? sorrry, if someone asked

It is Organic Root stimulator Relaxer

ETA: Bought ORS No Lye and will be using it tomorrow.

Many Thanks to all the ladies that have voted. Will post pictures on Monday.

Last edited:

jade998

Here is my wet hair after I had it done.

As you can see, It is not even close to being bone strait, it still had body. I pretty wanted the texture of my natural hair without shrinkage.

I used ORS No Lye, there was no burning, or tingling. I am now tempted to try Lye if this means that I will not burn that often. I kleft in no longer than 10 mins

Here is just putted back to dry.

I need to figure out what products to use to roller set, and how to roller set tight.

Now I have an issue with moisture... What shout I use. I have my hair out, cause it is my birthday today :D and wanted something special, but I think I will be pulling it back most of the week and down in the weekend (If am going anywhere special)

What hair lotions are you using and most importantly, how are you using it. After DC? When hair is dry? My hair does not like too much oils, I think.

Most of the things I used, dont seem to work any more :(

Thanks again for all the help

Brownie518

I just started using the ORS Lye Normal and I love it!! I just used it for the third time this morning. Usually my hair feels hard after the first rinse but not with ORS. It feels very soft. I have had excellent results with this.

I used to use the Profectiv and I loved that, too. I stopped when I couldn't find at any BSS around me and I switched up. If I ever switch from ORS, it will be back to Profectiv.

Zawaj

jade998 said:

Here is my wet hair after I had it done.

As you can see, It is not even close to being bone strait, it still had body. I pretty wanted the texture of my natural hair without shrinkage.

I used ORS No Lye, there was no burning, or tingling. I am now tempted to try Lye if this means that I will not burn that often. I kleft in no longer than 10 mins

Here is just putted back to dry.

I need to figure out what products to use to roller set, and how to roller set tight.

Now I have an issue with moisture... What shout I use. I have my hair out, cause it is my birthday today :D and wanted something special, but I think I will be pulling it back most of the week and down in the weekend (If am going anywhere special)

What hair lotions are you using and most importantly, how are you using it. After DC? When hair is dry? My hair does not like too much oils, I think.

Most of the things I used, dont seem to work any more :(

Thanks again for all the help

Wow! Your hair looks great! Good job!

MzRhonda

I just used ORS lye for the 1st time this weekend and LOVE it - gets my hair straight, feels soft and with no burning..prior to ORS I was using Motions lye and thought I would never switch...ORS is a keeper.

MuslimahTresses

I voted for ORS (no lye). That relaxer made my hair realy straight and silky. I would try it again w/o doing a protien treatment so close to relaxer day. The end results were like what alot of other people said, soft silky hair. I'd use it again.

healthyhair2

I use a Lye relaxer. Design Essentials Lo Lye. I think it is the best one so far for me besides Optimum Rx which is discontinued. I am texturized, my hair still looks natural when wet, the curl is just elongated. Also, from what I have read, the no lye relaxers straighten more quickly. One of the ladies on the board has alot of info about this, her name escapes me right now. I know it's awful-my short term memory lately!

tricie

Hope you don't mind me chiming in; I'm actually 4a, but that's close, right? :rolleyes:

I voted for Mizani lye Rhelaxer; I have been using that one for the last year or so; no lye is WAY too drying for me.

Back in the day (1993), my old beautician used to use Hawaiian Silky (yeah, I know), and it seemed like my hair grew an inch a month!

AtlantaJJ

Bump - Used Affirm Sensitive Scalp last relaxer. It was good and got me staight but I'm thinking a lye relaxer would leave my hair fuller. I'm thinking about either Mizani Butter Blend or Design Essentials Lo-Lye....

Brownie518

I have been gone back to using Profetiv. I love it. I was using the ORS Lye. I loved it at first but I just got to not liking my hair after. The Profectiv is excellent and I love the neutralizing mousse. It is no-lye and I use the regular.

Imani

Bump - Used Affirm Sensitive Scalp last relaxer. It was good and got me staight but I'm thinking a lye relaxer would leave my hair fuller. I'm thinking about either Mizani Butter Blend or Design Essentials Lo-Lye....

I will be using this for the first time next weekend. I was using the salon professional line of Vitale Mild Lye. But i just moved to Atl and couldn't find anyone here who uses it. this stylists claims she has used both Vitale and DE and they are similiar so I am going to give it a go. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm a coarse 4B. thin strands medium density. I have not had good experiences with Mizani in the past.

AtlantaJJ

I will be using this for the first time next weekend. I was using the salon professional line of Vitale Mild Lye. But i just moved to Atl and couldn't find anyone here who uses it. this stylists claims she has used both Vitale and DE and they are similiar so I am going to give it a go. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm a coarse 4B. thin strands medium density. I have not had good experiences with Mizani in the past.
Thank you Imani !! The stylist told me that Mizani was harsh on fine hair. Please so let me know how the relaxer works out for you and the stylist. You are in the ATL also i see :)

Oh is your stylist going to use the Lo-Lye relaxer or the time release. It sounds like we have simular hair.