Any ladies past Bra Strap who are 4a-b..NOT Natural.

tuffCOOKiE

Don't be mad at me for posting this!! I'm not but I LOVE YOUR HAIR SYLVER!!! I can't WAIT til my hair is long and healthy like so many women on this board!!

MizAvalon

Also co-signing with Tuffcookie!

Also *raising hand* as a non-natural lady with hair past bra-strap.

sylver2 said:
Just wanted to see how many ladies with 4a-b type hair, Not natural, past bra strap on board.

Hey sylver. I'm guessing GUESSING I'm past bra-strap... I haven't worn it down straight (like the pic in your avatar) in 6 years. I do know that last summer it was in a bushy ponytail and it appeared as it was closing up on that milestone. But then again I could be wrong.. but each time I see your picture I'm asking myself "Is my hair the same length as hers"? :lol:

sylver2

Thanks ladies:)

@SassyGoddess--I was almost shoulderlength in 2001.

Sigh..I wish I could see pics brownhaired_bonanza & MizAvalon

It doesn't seem like many ladies, its gotta be some more.

@den1--Looking good, Can u wear hair straight at all with texturizer, and do u experience breakage or split ends??

pink_flower

Keen

den1 said:
I'm texturized with 4b hair past bra-strap

I must be totally confused about hair type.

Den, I do not consider you a 4b. I would consider you a 3b. the reason I think so is because I don't see your hair as kinky. From my understanding you would need some unrully kinks to belong in the 4 category.

Keen said:

Den, I do not consider you a 4b. I would consider you a 3b. the reason I think so is because I don't see your hair as kinky. From my understanding you would need some unrully kinks to belong in the 4 category.

I agree. I was about to say this myself.

I hope to get to completely armpit length one day! I'd love to see more 4a/b ladies pop up in this thread with hair past brastrap length. Some days I just want to give up. :ohwell:

Some of my hair grows in at 4a with the rest growing in as 4b. Some of my relaxed hair that was underprocessed resembles 4a when wet. Some of the 4b areas are the hardest areas to maintain length because of breakage at the demarcation line. So now I'm only spacing my relaxers 10 weeks apart. In the meantime I'll be trimming the longer parts of my hair to keep things a little more even as the shorter areas catch up.

Last edited:

sylver2

Keen said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Healthb4Length

I just *made it* to bra length. Does that count? when I flat ironed my hair I was on top of my bra, but I've not put in any chemicals as of yet, so when I texturized I may pass bra length. I consider myself 4a.

onepraying said:
Then I must be 3 b or c

Mrs. W, can you make a whole line of pics like this for the whole typing process?

Here ya go. You've got me at work being unproductive! :rolleyes: Thanks! :lol:

Caramela

^^^ Then all these years I musta been wrong... I thought I was a 4a... but I guess I'm a 3 something..... :ohwell:
At any rate, I'm not natural and I'm past brastrap.

LiLi

pink_flower said:
You are SOOOOO wrong for hiding your album! :lol: Your hair looks great!

But do you see why!!!:lol: Most of my pics are to track my weightloss (or lack of). For the past year I have only flat-ironed a small section and I have only done that twice. All of the other pics are on a phased out picture trail site and I only have them as a Word document.

ekomba said:
Wow great hair Lili!

Thank you!!! I can't wait to be able to wear it all out again. But I want to be consistent and stay with my current routine. So I have another year before I wear it out. I'm hoping to get to waist length; if not, I'm fine with the length that I have achieved already. I went from hair that touched my shoulders (for YEARS AND YEARS) to close to waist-length hair all because of the knowledge that I have gained from hair boards. My hair grows VEEEEERY slow but I love that I have learned to retained most of the growth and that's all I can ask for. :D

rai

LiLi said:
Relaxed 4a/b; Past bra-strap length. This picture was taken in April. I flat ironed a small section of my hair just to get an idea of how much length I retained. I have been following the crown n glory method (braiding everything except the crown with no added hair) since February IIRC.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/true_junglist/Hair/LeeLeeApril2005.jpg

Beautiful hair! Can I sent you a PM about your regime. I want to do C&G with no hair added too. What have you done to retain your length.

rai

LiLi said:
But do you see why!!!:lol: Most of my pics are to track my weightloss (or lack of). For the past year I have only flat-ironed a small section and I have only done that twice. All of the other pics are on a phased out picture trail site and I only have them as a Word document.

Thank you!!! I can't wait to be able to wear it all out again. But I want to be consistent and stay with my current routine. So I have another year before I wear it out. I'm hoping to get to waist length; if not, I'm fine with the length that I have achieved already. I went from hair that touched my shoulders (for YEARS AND YEARS) to close to waist-length hair all because of the knowledge that I have gained from hair boards. My hair grows VEEEEERY slow but I love that I have learned to retained most of the growth and that's all I can ask for. :D

I'm about to start Body for Life. You should start it with me. Check out the Health and Fitness board. (I just want a buddy). :)

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
CandiceC said:

Here ya go. You've got me at work being unproductive! :rolleyes: Thanks! :lol:

That makes two of us! :grin:

Thanks for the pics. I can see the hair typing now....

according to that hair chart, alot of us would be 3's. That 3a/b pic looks like what I would call type 4

Well, I'd say a lot of us would be somewhere in between the 3a/b typing and 4a, because my curls are loose but tighter than the 3 a/b pic but not as tight as the 4a pic. I really can see the hair typing thing...neat!