Any ladies past Bra Strap who are 4a-b..NOT Natural.

Sosoothing

CandiceC said:

This is the hair typing I have always had in mind. I am a 4a for sure.

ekomba

Sistaslick said:
according to that hair chart, alot of us would be 3's. :lol: That 3a/b pic looks like what I would call type 4 :confused:

wooww great progress sistaslick your hair grew nicely beauuuuuuutiful!

CarLiTa

great, this thread is turning into a hair typing thing :lol: but that's great, b/c i'm so confused!
what happened to 3c though? b/c like someone said, i'm in the middle. Looser than 4a, tighter than 3b, except for the back area that seems to always be 3b. So, if this thread considers me a 4a, then i'll check in and say that i'm at brastrap, making my way to below brastrap.

LiLi

rai said:
Beautiful hair! Can I sent you a PM about your regime. I want to do C&G with no hair added too. What have you done to retain your length.

Thank you Rai!! I replied to your PM. I feel that washing my hair frequently is what got it past my shoulders (I wash and condition just about everyday). The C&G method has helped it reach my brastrap and further. Also, using the right comb has helped prevent major setbacks (huge balls of knots in my hair). I will continue the C&G method for one more year to see how long my hair can get.

caltron

Those pics are really helpful for me to see the difference between a 4a and a 4b. I'm definitely a 4a. I wish I could see a single strand of 4b hair. From the pic, it looks like a single strand of 4b hair would look like tiny, tiny S's or O's instead of sharp z's.

I love 4b hair and how thick and dense it is. It has a very uniform look to it. I love my 4a hair too, but it seems to have a mind of it's own sometimes, lol.

DigitalRain

Strictly 4b and relaxed and past bra strap. I have a small patch of 4a at the top of my head, but the rest is straight coarse kinks, no defined curl/coils.

Chromia

I love all these pictures of healthy, thick, relaxed 4a/4b hair! This is truly inspiring! I've got 5 or 6 inches to go before I'm past bra strap.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
*Cee raising her hand*

Count me in. My hair covers my bra strap but its not quite mid back length. I'm relaxed. Looking at my pre relaxed days I think I'm a 4a.

shoelover1972

I'm a 4a & approx 1inch from brastrap but there are parts of my uneven hair that are just touching the top of my bras - does that count? :grin:

Other 4a's that I can think of that are brastrap - Supergirl, Isis & Moncherieamor

sylver2

Hi Ladies

Whew!! Yall had me nervous.
Glad to see its more then a few.
I'm glad the 4A-B TYPE Relaxed, Texturized are representing.
There are some beautiful heads of hair up in here. :yep:
now I am going to stalk..I mean study each of your albums..lol

Mizani_Mrs

Thanks so much for starting this thread Sylver and thanks to the ladies who have shared pics of their lovely locs. I am soooo very inspired now, i will save this post as a favorite. I looove how thick yall hair is. It dispells the rumor that relaxed heads can't grow long thick hair. I am going to study these albums as well.... I'm a 4 a/b relaxed head and i have just reached my mini-goal of armpit and i am so excited to get brastrap. Thanks again ladies!!!

Isis

Great thread Sylver!

Yes, Supergirl's hair is awesome! There are soooo many ladies here with long, beautiful manes! :yep:
My hair (not natural) is past brastrap also.

Faith

I have 4b/a hair and it's about 1" above waist. By my next relaxer (Dec 31st or so) it should be waist length. :)

Um, a lot of you saying you are 4a..I'm not so sure about..lolol. Supergirl, Den you all don't look like 4s?? Hm! I would say in the 3s. That pic helps...my hair is definitely 4b/a.

Last edited:

sylver2

Faith said:
I have 4b/a hair and it's about 1" above waist. By my next relaxer (Dec 31st or so) it should be waist length. :)

Um, a lot of you saying you are 4a..I'm not so sure about..lolol. Supergirl, Den you all don't look like 4s?? Hm! I would say in the 3s. That pic helps...my hair is definitely 4b/a.

Yes its confusing me. I see a lot of beautiful heads.
Some don't look 4a-b.

kizzylonghair

Faith said:

I agee with that, they have great hair. But dont look type 4. Without relaxer/texterisers. They look like type 3. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong! :confused:

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
kizzylonghair said:
I agee with that, they have great hair. But dont look type 4. Without relaxer/texterisers. They look like type 3. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong! :confused:

Well, my new growth looks like pen springs. I thought I fit best in the type 4 category. Correct ME if I'm wrong. :)

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
anky said:
Add me to the list... way past bsl and growing!

:yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot::yay: :woot:

Anky-pank!

I'm so "HolyGhost" proud of you!!! You are actually admitting that your hair is long! You are definitely over the Hairanorexia!!!!