APL 2012 Challenge

Good morning ladies.

I got my braids done 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I've noticed a little bit of growth.

Last edited:
@The Princess I can't, the amount of heat they use would fry my fine hair. I wanted to go when I was relaxed but I never thought that much heat was necessary. Now that I'm natural there's NO WAY IN HAYLE. I think thicker hair maybe able to get away with it.

@The Princess I can't, the amount of heat they use would fry my fine hair. I wanted to go when I was relaxed but I never thought that much heat was necessary. Now that I'm natural there's NO WAY IN HAYLE. I think thicker hair maybe able to get away with it.[/

:nono: you right. I'm going to get a roller set and see how it goes. I shouldn't need that much heatvon my new growth.

I'm being lazy with not wanting to roller set my own hair. I still have time to think.

Sorry girls! I just realized that check-in was yesterday. :blush:

Okay, so here's my update. Both pictures are taken with the same t-shirt. You can compare how much progress I've gotten by looking at the half-moon shaped stitching. :)

This first picture is from November 2011:

401900394.jpg

And this picture was taken just a few minutes ago.

401900308.jpg

I wasn't expecting much because I'm an extremely slow grower, so this was a verrah pleasant surprise. :drunk:

The Princess said:
Any of you all go to a domican salon, to get your hair done. Im thinking of going in two weeks to get a roller set. What y'all think.

The Princess

I do. I go to one dominican salon a little further away for my relaxer (back to texlaxing) and one a few blocks away for rollersetting/pin curls. I prefer the kinkier haired lady for my rollersets/pin curls. She uses a wider toothed comb, is really gentle and my hair is shinier when she does it.

Okay, so here's my update. Both pictures are taken with the same t-shirt. You can compare how much progress I've gotten by looking at the half-moon shaped stitching. :)

I wasn't expecting much because I'm an extremely slow grower, so this was a verrah pleasant surprise. :drunk:

Great progress, I am a slow grower too, I find that keeping my hair in 24 hour Protective Style really really helps me retain length:yep:
we just keep plugging away slowly but surely!!!!:grin::drunk:

I think people are getting a little confused, AVJ is aloe vera juice, and it is a humectant/moisture product. ACV is apple cider vinegar, which has the PH to close the cuticle. Haven't heard about anyone using ACV as a moisturizer.

Boy, I can hardly wait to be APL. Have been excessively length checking, lol. I am getting close to grazing, it would be great to be grazing at the March check in. Excuse the nipple action, but that was my best hair shot.

P3020028.jpg

P4010011.jpg
[/IMG]

Well I made my goal of being able to pull the sides to APL, but my back hair is 3 inches shorts, and the front is only grazing. Hope to be APL in the back for the June check in

Great progress, I am a slow grower too, I find that keeping my hair in 24 hour Protective Style really really helps me retain length:yep:
we just keep plugging away slowly but surely!!!!:grin::drunk:

Thanks, girly! :D

Yeah, keeping my hair twisted most of the time and baggying every night has helped a LOT with retention. Gotta keep every little bit we get. :lol:

Y'all are crazy. Your hair can't look longer than it is. It can look shorter, but not longer. If it looks longer wet, that's because that's how long it is!

tiffers said:

You got alot of growth. It's good to see you again Tiffers.

HauteHippie said:
The Princess

I do. I go to one dominican salon a little further away for my relaxer (back to texlaxing) and one a few blocks away for rollersetting/pin curls. I prefer the kinkier haired lady for my rollersets/pin curls. She uses a wider toothed comb, is really gentle and my hair is shinier when she does it.

I went today with a friend an was observing the women and the different techniques they used.

LadyRaider said:
Y'all are crazy. Your hair can't look longer than it is. It can look shorter, but not longer. If it looks longer wet, that's because that's how long it is!

Lol Girl you got me over here cracking up. I been on this board awhile and that's what I been told. So I put the disclaimer up there so nobody dont think I'm trying to cheat.

Hey ladies, I know I have been gone for a while but I am back. I currently am donning a weave which I have put spiral rods in my hair for the last week. I am in the market for new hair. Im on the fence but im thinking Bobbi Boss Remy, or Malaysian or just Indian Remy. I just dont want to spend soooooo much money.. Anyone have ne ideas??/

I really don't feel like a length check. *le sigh*

On the positive I keep getting people asking me if I'm freshly relaxed. Pssshhh... 5 weeks posts. Back in the day at this stage I would be forced to wear braids because my hair was uncontrollable.

Hi! Pictures are from Jan.( purple), Feb.( white), and Mar.(blue). Added JBCO and Jazzings clear rinse to reggie.

Last edited:
Hi y'all! Can I Join too?
here's my stats
~Current hair length
I'd say 1.5-2inches from APL!!
~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd
Natural Baby!!
~APL goal month
September-October 2012
~Current Reggie and styling choices
Shampoo every other weekend (with Miss Jessie's super sudsy slip)
Co-wash every other weekend (with main and tail)so its like Shampoo Co-wash etc.
Deep condition every weekend with a multitude of oils conditioners and cholesterol
Rinse everything with warm water even the DC
after rinsing apply leave in conditioner either Giovanni's or Garnier Fructis
Seal my ends with almond, grape-seed or olive oil.
have my mommy plait my hair ^.^
and close my cuticles with the cool setting on my blow dryer for like 3 minutes

hmm protein treatment once a month
henna once a month
straighten once or twice a year.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL?
Moisture everyone other day.
Apply Wild Hair Growth Oil every other day
try and keep my hair in protective styles 90% of the time...starting now
~Post a beginning picture
This was a week ago
picture.php

Hey guys, its been a while since i checked in. My sub expired and i didnt immediately renew cause I was spending so much money buying all the stuff in the makeup and nails forums that it was good i couldnt see them for awhile lol! I cant find my camera this sec, but I just got my hair flat-ironed and a 2 inch 'trim' so i basically lost all my progress as far as length anyway. I will say my hair has thickened some and im happy about that since im still recovering from a setback a little over a year ago. Now I have about three inches to APL so im hoping for October for the back at least.

Fyne

Ladies I am still here, looking forward to reaching apl this year.. I relaxed a couple of weeks ago so I have been wearing my hair down since then.. But as soon as I see a little new growth my hair will be back in a bun until next relaxer time... All in all so far so good :yep:

@coolsista-paris @gforceroy @Lurkee @livinthevida @GaiasDaughter24 @faithVA @AryaStarr258 @esi.adokowa @mami2010 @The Princess @kittenz @@blcbuty@ @pookaloo83 @bibs @Meritamen @NikkiQ

Thank you ladies for sharing progress/length check pics, ive noticed thickening(faith) peeps being ridiculously close and leaps and bounds in progress. This thread is inspiring!! :yep:

All this progress makes me wanna put my game face on, because im not playing with APL!

Til APL do us part and BEYOND!!

P.S @TLC1020 @Your Cheeziness where you at ladies?!

You guys have been on a ROLL with these length checks. This has been one incredibly hectic weekend for me. My poor hair has paid for it too. Completely and totally ignored all weekend. Found out my bestie has decided to move her wedding to April 21st b/c of her sick dad so the past 2 days has been dedicated to getting started with that. I'll hopefully have a chance to wash mid week since next weekend is gonna be another wedding planning marathon. oh boy!

You guys have been on a ROLL with these length checks. This has been one incredibly hectic weekend for me. My poor hair has paid for it too. Completely and totally ignored all weekend. Found out my bestie has decided to move her wedding to April 21st b/c of her sick dad so the past 2 days has been dedicated to getting started with that. I'll hopefully have a chance to wash mid week since next weekend is gonna be another wedding planning marathon. oh boy!

Cool you will be apart of a wedding. How you plan on wearing your hair?

NikkiQ said:

Will you be doing your check then?

Hi Ladies! As we're on a roll posting pictures I want to share how my hair looks when roller set with foam rollers! Here are quick pics of my rear, right, left, and front sides :drunk:

Attachments

• foamrollersrear_pic1.JPG
    foamrollersrear_pic1.JPG
    6.2 KB · Views: 31
  • foamrollersrightside_pic2.JPG
    foamrollersrightside_pic2.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 36
  • foamrollersleftside_pic3.JPG
    foamrollersleftside_pic3.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 31
  • foamrollersfront_pic4.JPG
    foamrollersfront_pic4.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 43
Checking In. I am happy to report my hair has grown about 2 inches I believe since December. I have been washing my hair once a week and deep conditionining weekly. Although not the biggest plan of trimming I got a trim a few weeks ago. I also condition daily with phytospecivic daily conditioner and limiting heat to my hair to once or week or not at all.

December 2011:

picture.php

March 31,2012:
picture.php

Last edited:
diadall said:
Will you be doing your check then?

I'll do my front pull. No one to take the back pull pic for new during the week while DH is out of town.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

I swear by daily scalp massages, cowashing and air drying for improving the thickness :yep:

It does feel like Christmas all this collective progress is inspiring, please keep it coming!

As promised progress pics......

Bun last year:
picture.php

Bun today:
picture.php

1 year progress: (March 1st 11 - March 1st 12)
picture.php

I will get someone to take proper pics to show length tommorrow but im a good 4-6 inchs away!
Beautiful results Fyne! How do you get all of that shine?

Back