APL 2012 Challenge

Tonight I Henna'd... I'll wash it out tomorrow after I go to the bss and get some silicon mix to add to my DC... Caribbean festival is in town and I have to rep Dominica ^.^ but I dont know how I am going to do my hair!

I wonder what henna glossing every week does? Anybody know?

Tonight I Henna'd... I'll wash it out tomorrow after I go to the bss and get some silicon mix to add to my DC... Caribbean festival is in town and I have to rep Dominica ^.^ but I dont know how I am going to do my hair!

WHAT?! Mmm might have to make my way into the city. I want some roti real bad! Looks like I will have to do my hair too. :rolleyes:

ManiiSweetheart said:

I thought about taking a trip to Dominica while we're already living in Puerto Rico

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

I need to weed through the challengers list. I'm seeing participants posting in other challenges claiming APL but haven't said a peep in here. I know challenges are voluntary,but come on son!

Its in McDonough ! lol :lol: mhmm i can't wait!!
Dang, that is super far away! :cry3:

I need to weed through the challengers list. I'm seeing participants posting in other challenges claiming APL but haven't said a peep in here. I know challenges are voluntary,but come on son!

Please, change my username from Ravengirl to Meritamen while your at it. Pretty please.

Minis are doing well in this humid weather. I took one down in the back to redo it and it was still super soft :)

I have to agree. I've been wearing simple Celie braids... the small kind, more like box braids, and my hair is really soft. I misted it with a lil water and added some oil at the ends to refresh.

gvin89 - it's growbaby that you're after

NikkiQ - go gittem and drag 'em back home by their hair, lol!!! :lachen:

TheNDofUO - well done, my daughter just finished her high school exams, I've promised her $$$$ for every A* grade she gets, and I'm looking forward to being cleaned out :yep:

SO is taking me out tonight, so i gotta bring my A game with this hair! since we are going out later on tonight, i will wear my hair down with a flower. i am going to wash/dc/roller set and flat iron the roots.

i gotta get some more avocado oil. i do like to dry detangle and prepoo with that. just makes me feel like i am doing something extra to my hair.

i guess i need to go over my hair with a rinse. my color kind of faded when i relaxed. it is not as black as i want it. but i don't feel like messing with all of that today.

WHAT?! Mmm might have to make my way into the city. I want some roti real bad! Looks like I will have to do my hair too. :rolleyes:

Oh gosh...you just made my mouth water, I havnt had roti in forever!!!

Still bunning... I forgot how soft my hair feels when I'm not using mn... I'm loving it...still counting down until my relaxer! On another note I washd and set on Wednesday and then went to the beach Thursday, I totally forgot how crazy my hair looks after a day out there, and to make it worse I stayed over night and had no scarf, so brush and not moisturizer :nono: epic fail

Mjon912 said:
Oh gosh...you just made my mouth water, I havnt had roti in forever!!!

Still bunning... I forgot how soft my hair feels when I'm not using mn... I'm loving it...still counting down until my relaxer! On another note I washd and set on Wednesday and then went to the beach Thursday, I totally forgot how crazy my hair looks after a day out there, and to make it worse I stayed over night and had no scarf, so brush and not moisturizer :nono: epic fail

Oh my. I would've been freaking out the whole time with no moisturizer :lol:

NikkiQ said:
Oh my. I would've been freaking out the whole time with no moisturizer :lol:

I would have been at a vending machine lookin for a sample size of a cheapie:)

I would have been at a vending machine lookin for a sample size of a cheapie:)

I would have gone back to basics oil + water :lachen:

P.S Hair spa day @ 16 weeks post - Prepoo'd with oil mix, reconstructorized with Joico, DC with ORS replenishing cond + Plan on air drying and straight back into bunning. My mum was getting mad saying I never show my hair...I said I do! @ length check and relaxer days :D

No heat until 28th July (Wedding to attend) then sometime in August when I relax aiming for 24 weeks

Today while detangling I was playing with my curls and I wanted to cut...as in BIG CHOP....someone come and collect the scissors up in here idk whats up with me!! :spinning:

Oh boy ladies I just unwittingly gave my poor hair a double dose of protein. I used my AO GBP before shampooing with KCCC then realized I was out of my AO HSR(for the first time in a long time) so I reached for my Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. Well I randomly decided to go back through my Science of Black Hair book and I see both AO GBP and Joico Moisture Recovery are listed as light proteins! I hope I don't have any problems 'cause of this ugh

I went to target today and decided to wear my hair out for the first time. I wasn't sure about it but my mom said it looked cute. While I was there looking at the goodies for hair I was asked by a fellow natural what I use in my hair. I was surprised because no one had ever asked me that. I told her all of my products are only sold online and told her about one brand tht I really love. Then I told her I use kiss my face upper management gel.

Then the lady at the checkout told me you look so good natural. I tried it but I need to perm. My mom said well you dont know unless you try it and she said I have and I'm one of those people that need a perm. I didnt argue her down about it or anything. I mean I just cut off my relaxed ends a yr ago so who am I to talk.

Those two experiences made me feel so good about wearing my hair out. I think I'm going to do it more often.

Desperatley trying to keep my minis in for another 2 weeks (that will make 5 wks) I went to sallys and bought Ion hard water condish and a tail comb to take my braids out easier

I need to find my girls a good swimmers poo too! I haven't been swimming once to busy to do anything besides study. I love the DR was on vacation there last year it was just beautiful :) I've decided the next time I take my cornrows down I'm going to try minis under my wig well see which one I like better

I've been unpacking all day so I gave my minis a good cowashing. I may GHE tomorrow while unpacking the 2nd half of our boxes.

Pulled down a tendril from my twistout...probably still 1-2 away. No biggie. Ion care when I make APL, just as long as I'm healthy when I get there! I want to try a twistout bun...without giving myself a headache :look:

Back