APL 2012 Challenge

lollollollol.:lachen: NikkiQ you don't take no mess! I'm in.

Now,I am going to change the ETA for APL from August to December 31, 2012. I'll also need a time stamp of 11:59pm:). Believe it or not these scroungy l'il bantu knots do stretch out:lol:. HHJ everybody

apl0625.jpg

Here are my before (not flat ironed yet) and after pics. I can flip the layers up or down. It's a very good though cut but I'm going back up in a weave, to start the growing process again, sometime soon.

I keep saying it but I'm going to stop cutting my hair (except for trims) until I meet my goal of APL, then I'm going to cut it myself.

Attachments

• before cut 6.8.2012.JPG
    before cut 6.8.2012.JPG
    318.3 KB · Views: 26
  • fresh cut 6.8.2012.JPG
    fresh cut 6.8.2012.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 21
  • bob cut 6.25.2012.JPG
    bob cut 6.25.2012.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 23
@NikkiQ got the thread poppin! Lol

I would personally like to re-welcome all of u lovely ladies. APL may not be as far away as u suspect :yep:

Well you know how I am about everyone receiving the support they need and being able to offer advice wherever we can. Nothing makes me happier than to see the progress everyone has had. I mean HELLO! Look at where your hair is now growbaby

lollollollol.:lachen: @NikkiQ you don't take no mess! I'm in.

Now,I am going to change the ETA for APL from August to December 31, 2012. I'll also need a time stamp of 11:59pm:). Believe it or not these scroungy l'il bantu knots do stretch out:lol:. HHJ everybody

apl0625.jpg

Like my mom says...I ain't shuckin and jivin! :lachen:

Did you cornrow you hair and then bantu knot the ends MeowMix?? I bet the results of that are to die for!

I'm In! I know i said i didn't want to length check because i know im far from my goal but I might as well do it when i rollerset/ wash this week :)

Also, my hair has been shedding like CRAZY! every time i pass a comb through my hair SO MUCH hair comes out. Some shed & some little broken pieces.

Even just smoothing my hair with the palms of my hands causes little pieces to come out. I think I'm going to do APhogee 2 step soon... Its been a while since I've used my beloved protein treatment!

NikkiQ. :bdance: Yes I did. Queue up the ♫ I'm a big girl now song. ♫

I have been SO bad in this challenge. Right now I'm trying to catch up on about 20 pages of updates. I almost missed the June length too? I promise y'all next round Imma be better :blush:

NikkiQ said:
Well you know how I am about everyone receiving the support they need and being able to offer advice wherever we can. Nothing makes me happier than to see the progress everyone has had. I mean HELLO! Look at where your hair is now growbaby

Blushing.. I am 100% positive I would not be where I am without u lovely ladies.

I think I am there (*fingers crossed*). I may post a pic depending on how straight I can get my hair on Sunday. My hair is only 'swanging' one day a week due to the gym from Monday - Saturday.

My siggy was taken the week before my last T/U which was on May 12. I only did a little dusting then so hopefully I should be there by now.

Count me in!! I'm doing a preliminary length check on blow-dried hair this Friday but the official check, on straightened hair will be 7/15/12.

No June 30th check in for me. There is no change from the March 30th check in (thank my mama fir that) . I definitely will do the next one in September.

Downside: my hair is shedding like crazy :-(. I don't know what to do to stop it because I don't know the cause. It seemed to have started after I stopped taking biotin but I've been back on them for a week now. I'm going going to give it another week and see what happens. I calm my self down by remembering I should shed 50-100 hairs per day anyway. Could it be that lots of new hairs are suddenly growing all at once, thus shedding lots of old hairs?? Any suggestions??
KiWiStyle ~ I have been stalking other threads about coffee/tea rinses and read that the caffeine from either is very helpful for shedding. Some of the ladies have used it after shampooing/conditioning, leaving it on from 5 to 20 minutes (paying close attention to the scalp) and others use it as a mix to their daily spritz. This is the one that I am reading ... http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=303531

I am wanting to try this but I have a lot going on right now with my hair- planning on getting this poppin in the fourth quarter of the year though.

With training for a new job and being unable to see pictures on lhcf (android app) I have missed this thread. How is everyone? I have been wigging it, but with this heat I often feel like yanking it off during the day. I am going to try to do the crotchet braids, but I don't have a latch hook, I am going to see if I can use a hair pin instead. If I leave some of the front and side out, I hope I will be able to do pony tails (crosses fingers)
Phaer ~ Hunni boo- that is exactly why I went back to twists (extensions) I couldn't do the u-part in this desert sun ... hell to tha naw. :nono: If you yank yours off and throw it in the backseat before you have a chance to install your crotchet braids, there will be no judgment from me. :yep:

@NaturalfienD- Thank you so much for the detailed technique! It took me 4h, but I did it this way with great results...the only issue is I slathered so much oil on my hair & fell asleep while detangling! When I woke up in the morning, my laptop keyboard was covered in oil :look::giggle:
LilMissSunshine5 ~ I am thankful that this method worked for you. I found it to be effective for me ... it takes a bit of time to get used to this approach (from my experience) but as time goes on, you will get faster. By the way, the bolded above was hella funny. I busted out laughing ... thanks for the smile girlfriend.

Blushing.. I am 100% positive I would not be where I am without u lovely ladies.

growbaby ~ I want the hair in your siggy!! Too beautiful!!

Hello Ladies,

I finally completed my twist extensions and I am happy that I don't have to fuss with my hair for a good amount of time. I will probably redo the front in two or three weeks- either my twists are slipping or momma is getting some growth in the front. ::Boom:: I continue to spray my mix of water, aloe vera, rosemary oil, and a cap of SAA one to two times per day. I have been applying my MN mix every other day (just noticed the challenge ends at the end of July, about to get it poppin over there in a spell) and cowashing in between applications because my scalp gets dry.

After a three week hiatus, I am back on my Insanity routine. There were several motivating factors that led me to get back into the routine (even though I prefer to post up on my couch and watch television.) My mood is improved when I work out, my anniversary is coming up and I got to feel comfortable in my 'fit, and I want my hair to grow. :yep: Shaun-T has me doing things I have never, not done before. :spinning: I strongly dislike him while watching the video but I grow to love him as I see the results from the hard work.

I am back on my shakes with whey protein (two scoops), chlorella, and spirulina (sp.) I will be getting into my daily vitamin intake of biotin and a multivitamin effective today. Oh and there are two 16 ounces bottles of water sitting here looking at me ... gotta get back on that too. :look:

Hello again fellow APL 2012 classmates! :wavey: I'm still in but won't do a length check till the third go around in September. Been keeping my hair in plaits while at home and wearing wigs when going out. That's about it.

I was looking:look: through the list and was wondering why i wasn't in it....until i realized i graduated .. ninja status:ninja: is defective since i post in here like its nothing :lol:

Hi Ladies, I'm still in..I'm hoping to make APL by December. It's been a difficult road for my hair this year a lot of shedding...I hope I have gotten it under control, I had extension put in last week. So I won't make the length check at the end of the month but I'm still in the challenge.

I'm all in NikkiQ!! I'll do a length check this Saturday the latest. I know I'm past CBL, but I have some Denman damage to trim away, so I'm still not sure I'll make APL by my goal of end of August...but I know I'll be there by end of the year for sure! :yay: :party:

Back