APL 2012 Challenge

NikkiQ

Slept with my bun in last night. Bun still looks fine, but the edges are fuzzy as usual. Think I'll slap some Eco Styler on my edges and scarf those bad boys down before I go run errands later on.

mami2010

I took my braids down today that I put in to wear my wigs this week because its wash day. When I took down my braids, my hair was looking nice and wavy from the braids, so I decided to play with it and ended up bunning it.

What you think, can this be rocked out in public?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Just finished cowashing and now I'm air drying. I have never CW'd consistently so I'm hoping this was the missing link to my HHJ. I'm also being more diligent at taking a complete dosage of my hair vitamin, I had not realized I was only taking a half dose which is probably why I wasn't getting results with my hair vitamin.

gvin89

shortdub78 said:
oh i like them! they look so neat! how long did it take, what hair was used? how did you get them wavy?

Thanks! It took about 8 hrs. We used synthetic silky yaki hair, but she prefers kankakelon (sp).,,I picked up the wrong type. After braiding a section, she put the braids in plaits and after we finished, she put all the plaits in boiling water. Once we unraveled the plaits, I had waves. She gave me the option to set on rods, but I was good.

SincerelyBeautiful

Getting ready to co wash. Want to DC also since I know MN to the scalp can be drying. I have been moisturizing and sealing still though but I just want to be safe.

NikkiQ

Just booked my ticket to go home for the holidays! Oh yeah!!! :woot: So that means in a month and some change I'll be home...around real hair care products...and will get my hair flat ironed for the first time this year. Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah!

Growingmyhairlong

Just finished cowashing and now I'm air drying. I have never CW'd consistently so I'm hoping this was the missing link to my HHJ. I'm also being more diligent at taking a complete dosage of my hair vitamin, I had not realized I was only taking a half dose which is probably why I wasn't getting results with my hair vitamin.

How often do you plan on cowashing? How long have you been on your journey? I know I am constantly tweaking my routine and holding tight to what works. I hear some ladies say that they find that as their hair gets longer they change it up again.

pookaloo83

Might start cowashing now. I dont know yet though. Co washed tonight doing the curly girl method? I liked it. Barely lost any hair. And didn't use a comb. Just finger detangled. I like it. But I did use a little shampoo on my scalp. I saw gunk there from Shea butter, so I had to get that out.

Sent From My Pheauxne

Evolving78

i used some QB Heavy Cream on my hair yesterday and today. i think i may use this instead of oil for awhile to see how my hair responds. so far it is not dry. i sit around a space heater in dry air all day. now that it cold, my hair needs a little more when it comes to moisturizing airdried hair. i think i decided to relax next weekend. this weekend i am going to roller set and flat iron the roots.

Evolving78

How does your hair normally react in the cold weather when you use oil shortdub78?

it gets crispy and dry. the oils shuts anything from getting in or getting out. my hair is already low porous. it creates some kind of hard shell.

ok i know i just said i was going to relax next weekend, but i am going to hold out. i want to have some big reveal moment too like the rest of you ladies when this challenge ends! :lol:

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
pookaloo83 I tried cowashing and loved it initially too...but I find I quickly get buildup, and my hair starts to feel coated after a little while. And just doesnt act 'right'.

So I am back to shampooing plus the occasional clay detox.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Growingmyhairlong said:
How often do you plan on cowashing? How long have you been on your journey? I know I am constantly tweaking my routine and holding tight to what works. I hear some ladies say that they find that as their hair gets longer they change it up again.

growinhmyhairlong, I try to cowash twice a week during my shower and shampoo/DC on the weekend. I've been on my HHJ for almost two years now and yes, my regimen and products has changed multiple times. My hair would be a lot longer but I've been slowly trimming all my hair prior to my HHJ away, it's just about all gone!!

pookaloo83

@pookaloo83 I tried cowashing and loved it initially too...but I find I quickly get buildup, and my hair starts to feel coated after a little while. And just doesnt act 'right'.

So I am back to shampooing plus the occasional clay detox.

@bajandoc same thing happened to me. :lol: Thats why I stopped. Now I'm revisiting. But I don't know if I can hang. My hair really didn't feel 'clean' to me. But It was quick and easy.

Lurkee

I blow-dried my hair today. I doubt air drying is useful in a stretch. My roots were so matted. Now I can comb my hair again. Looks like I am a sneeze from APL. :grin: Hope to graduate APL 2013 mid next year.

Attachments

• IMAG0795.jpg
    IMAG0795.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 42

VictoriousBrownFlower

Nice definition and shine @BronxJazzy! Okay...spill it. What products did you use and how many twists? What size were they? We wanna know lady!!! :lol:
Lol...Yeah I should have known ya'll would want to know the deets. I did a wet set using giovanni direct leave in and sealed with avocado butter. I put it in 16 twists with satin rollers at the end and let air dry overnight. Thats about it. No gel was used so its super soft.

Carmelella

I'm outta here!! Lol. The number 2 line is APL, and I'm just scratching it. That's enuf for me... I've been here too long. Cant wait for the BSL official start.

Today I did a corrective relaxer on the back half cuz combing through it was hell. Blow dried very very little cuz I just found my stash of microfiber towels and then flat ironed on 280-350 degrees.

I limited the coconut oil so this time it's not greasy. I'm going to put in some flexi rods for the night, wear it down for a day or two, then do my French braid style. Next year I'll start up again with sew ins because this hand in hair disease is no joke... And for me that leads to heat heat heat.

And btw, my ends aren't chewed up. I trim myself and I do it half hazardly.
July 20th ish 2012

image-1360368078.jpg

November 15th, 2012

image-3688566384.jpg

image-2082464644.jpg

image-4021932200.jpg

image-1187906325.jpg

image-2445038151.jpg