APL 2012 Challenge

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Phaer said:
definitely come back and let us know how you like your new toy, I am going to try my babybliss pro at the end of this year, but since my hair tends to poof I am not holding out hope for relaxer straight hair.

So I used my Sedu Revolution and styled my hair for the holiday, all I can say is D@mn!! Soft, shiny, smooth flowing hair!! I got much better results than I did using my Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium. One pass = Silky Straight Hair!!! I could easily see myself flat ironing at least once a month because the results were that great. I'll reconstruct in a few days because I blow dried and flat irons. I will probably never blow dry again, I broke more strands than I'm comfortable with :-(, maybe it's time to upgrade my dryer too.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
jprayze said:
Got my hair done Friday. Got a nice 1 inch trim. My hair curled so much better and it's holding up well.

Girl your hair is looking better and longer each time I see it! My hair is just creeping to APL.

jprayze

KiWiStyle said:
Girl your hair is looking better and longer each time I see it! My hair is just creeping to APL.

Thank you! Besides my MN usage, I've been pretty faithful with my vitamins for the last 2 months, except for the past few days (too much going on with all this company over the holidays) and I've increased my water intake as well.

SN: just met a new guy and the first thing he said is 'is that all your hair?' :)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
jprayze said:
Thank you! Besides my MN usage, I've been pretty faithful with my vitamins for the last 2 months, except for the past few days (too much going on with all this company over the holidays) and I've increased my water intake as well.

SN: just met a new guy and the first thing he said is 'is that all your hair?' :)

I love it when people start to notice!! Congrats!!
I have been taking my vitamins religiously for about two years, I drink water like a fish, I do everything without fail. I'm not complaining because my hair is much, longer than it was a year ago. Over the Holiday my family all commented on my length. My sister in-law said, "girl where did you get all that hair from?" LOL!
Keep up the good work, you'll be BSL in a minute!

Last edited:

jprayze

NikkiQ said:
jprayze how often do you get your hair flat ironed? Your hair does well with a lot of heat. My hair would be damaged beyond belief :lol:

I usually flat iron my hair 1x/month, sometimes 2x. For the summer, I took a no heat break and just wore twistouts and wash n gos.

mami2010

I was so tempted to flat iron today because, I had a birthday party to go to. Since it's getting close to length check I didn't bother and just threw on my wig... I really just threw on my wig with a hat and was out the door!!!!

I'm just saying, you
ladies keep me focused, thanks!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Am I the only one who might not graduate but don't want to join the 2012 APL thread? It feels like I got demoted :-(. If I don't make it, my plan is to lay low until my next relaxer in February but still check in with my 2013 BSL crew.

JazzyOleBabe

KiWiStyle

No, you are not the only one. I am gonna have to repeat this course. So close, but 1-2 inches by the end of Dec. means that I have some type of medical problem going on and I need to see a doctor.:yep:

NikkiQ

Yall know yall are always welcome in the BSL challenge! I don't care if you cut back to SL/CBL you better bring your butt in there.

gvin89

KiWiStyle said:
Am I the only one who might not graduate but don't want to join the 2012 APL thread? It feels like I got demoted :-(. If I don't make it, my plan is to lay low until my next relaxer in February but still check in with my 2013 BSL crew.

KiWiStyle, I won't make it this year either....I joined both apl and bsl 13. I hope to graduate after the first quarter and then spend my time only in bsl. It's all good....do what you have to do to get the support you need to push on to your desired length.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
gvin89 said:
KiWiStyle, I won't make it this year either....I joined both apl and bsl 13. I hope to graduate after the first quarter and then spend my time only in bsl. It's all good....do what you have to do to get the support you need to push on to your desired length.

Looks like we're the same length. Are you doing anything special to help you meet your goal?

KaramelDiva1978

Girl please you're not going anywhere cuz we wont let you!!! Once you're here (BSL 2013) you're family!! Oh they didn't tell you that part?? You're stuck with us girlie!

KaramelDiva1978

Because of you I am itching to jump the MN bandwagon. Your progress has been impressive

jprayze

[USER=31551]KaramelDiva1978[/USER] said:
Because of you I am itching to jump the MN bandwagon. Your progress has been impressive

I would say go ahead and try it for a little while and see if its for you. pelohello just had some great 2 month results posted on the MN challenge thread-- check them out!

NikkiQ

Back in my beloved Celies for the rest of the week (maybe longer). I love tracking my progress on how long my Celies are in a ponytail now :giggle:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
The winter weather is drying out my scalp. I really want these fresh cornrows to last at least two weeks but I doubt that gonna happen since I need to start oiling my scalp on regular basis now.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
pookaloo83 said:
I take my nape and bring it around the front to see. Or pull my hair from the back.

I just picked random pics to give you an example.
KiWiStyle

Sent From My Pheauxne

Thanks pookaloo83 for responding :). Sometimes I look APL and other times I just can't tell.

gvin89

KiWiStyle said:
Looks like we're the same length. Are you doing anything special to help you meet your goal?

KiWiStyle, I usually get best growth when I leave my hair alone. Presently, I have box braids. The next few months will be tricky for me since I'm pregnant, but protective styling (flat twist updos) has yielded the best retention. I sometimes slack on moisturizing so I'm trying to do a better job at that.

gvin89

pookaloo83 said:
I take my nape and bring it around the front to see. Or pull my hair from the back.

I just picked random pics to give you an example.
KiWiStyle

Sent From My Pheauxne

That's how I do it too...try to pull the back straight down for better accuracy.

texasqt

Going to try blowdrying and no flat ironing for the rest of the year. 1st style = bun. Got quite a few compliments today.

Stay tuned...

Attachments

• image-1860682328.jpg
    image-1860682328.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 23

blueberryd

LOL! I didn't quiiitte make it, but will be joining bsl 2013!! lol

NikkiQ

KiWiStyle I usually take a piece of hair from my nape and pull it over my shoulder to measure and take pics if DH isn't around

Lawd why is my scalp itching like crazy this morning?? I ain't got time for this. I gots some painting to do today.