APL 2012 Challenge

Evolving78

shortdub78
Get out of here, girl your hair is impressive! I think 2013 is my hair's real debut.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

really? it doesn't feel like it. and i'm being serious. i just know it could have been more. all of that crap i went through really did a number on my progress. but thank you! you have been through a thing with your hair too! and it looks good! you were able to still make APL! now that is impressive! we both don't need anymore setbacks!

jprayze

My sister lives in another state so I don't see her that much but when I see her, I always get her to roller set my hair. She hasn't done it since July and she said your hair is longer now! :). You know a comparison pic is coming once I take these rollers out. Have a great weekend ladies!

July

image-2896643255.jpg

Now

image-408939494.jpg

image-3767227290.jpg

jprayze

[USER=353889]pelohello[/USER];17585287 said:
U look so pretty. Ur sis got skills

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Thanks! She makes it look like I'm relaxed when she gets finished. She says the key is the fine toothed comb (gasp) to get it to lay flat on the roller.

mami2010

Well here is my length check for december!!!

In the beginning

My starting pic for this challenge

Today

I am very pleased with my progress this year.

SimJam

We've all done so well. Even those whomdidntvquite make it in length, definitely made it in health. Whichbis just as good!!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using LHCF

gvin89

Well operation braid takedown has begun...I'll post my final pic after my Appt saturday...kinda nervous and anxious at the same time.

nemi95

Well here is my length check for december!!!

In the beginning

My starting pic for this challenge

Today

I am very pleased with my progress this year.

Dang! How did you get that serious ARM definition? I worked out 4x a week for an hour and ate no processed foods. I dropped 30 lbs, but I was still skinny fat. Size 8, but no real muscle tone!

NikkiQ

Hey lovely ladies! :wave:

Another long day of travel for me. Hate to leave my hometown,but I gotta head back to the island. Can't wait to check out all the updates when I get back. I'm SO proud of this group. You guys have done so well!!

Sent from my Android...Boom.

sweetypoo705

Hi Ladies!
Well, somewhere around Jan. 6th of 2012, I entered this challenge with the goal of achieving APL HH. I have learned so much from you all and I appreciate all of your info, but when one embarks on a journey, different things happen. Although I have not reached my goal yet, I did have some positives happen. 4 years ago I found I had hypothyroidism, as a result, I lost a bit of hair in my crown area. Guess what? It is growing back:yep: I am 17 1/2 weeks post and I trimmed my ends to get them healthy. I was shedding a lot in November and using that Denman brush- got rid of it! So, I will continue on this journey with the Lord's help and will begin my third year of my HHJ more motivated and excited. Congrats to those who achieved your goal- you are my inspiration in spite of my 48 years- that is why I said I am a teacher/ student- I am learning from some of the best:yep:! Happy New Year & HHGJ

jessicarabbit

I'll go 'head and post my eoty pics here too :)

This first one is from around feb, the second one is a light flat iron from today. I think I made it!

image-324940795.jpg

image-1196538081.jpg

Blairx0

Don't have pics from this time last year, but below is my hair as of 12/31/12. I had a minor set back from improper detangling and trimmed about an inch. But my goal is 52 deep conditions in 2013, so next year I plan on belong full bsl. I plan on rollersetting my way to healthy hair.

ForumRunner_20121231_011626.jpg

ForumRunner_20121231_011643.jpg

texasqt

Here's my LAST APL UPDATE...same message with a few updates and same shirt....

~Current hair length = Officially APL
:yay:

~Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Loc'd = Natural who straightens 95% of the time.

~APL goal month = Touchdown on September 30th!

~Current Reggie and styling choices = Shampoo once a month; DC weekly overnight (changed conditioners to Silk Elements Mega Cholestoral); blow-dry with comb attachment; flat iron weekly (lowered the heat from 450 to 340ish); moisturize, seal, and wrap nightly; exercise; eat healthy (increase lean protein and try to eat 6 fruits and veggies per day). (Slacked on the healthy stuff a little but I'm reving it back up).

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? = During the month of December I only straightened 2x. The other 2 weeks I blow dried and styled with no additional heat.

~Post a beginning picture - Done Jan. 8th
~Post March 31st - Done Apr. 2nd
~Post July 3rd - Done July 3rd
~Post September 30th - Done Oct. 1st Made APL!!!
~ Post December 31st - Done December 30th

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

See you in the BSL 2013 challenge!

Attachments

• image-2653992352.jpg
    image-2653992352.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2178313309.jpg
    image-2178313309.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image-854209232.jpg
    image-854209232.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 47
  • image-804407627.jpg
    image-804407627.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image-1212223023.jpg
    image-1212223023.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3975412941.jpg
    image-3975412941.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

nemi95

Thanks. I tried to straighten my end, but they just don't want to co-operate. I twist my hair and pin in into a bun. When i take it down it gives me nice soft waves.

NikkiQ

Time for my final update ladies! My flat iron started to revert the minute she was done with it so I just made DH hold it down for the pic. Overall I'm pretty happy with my progress. I just trimmed off a good 1.5" or so again. It needed it. Apparently I didn't get all the scraggly ends back in October.

Dec 2011

Sept. 2012

Dec 2012

March vs October bun

Feeling myself on Christmas day :giggle: First time I've felt pretty in a LONG time

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Time for my final update ladies! My flat iron started to revert the minute she was done with it so I just made DH hold it down for the pic. Overall I'm pretty happy with my progress. I just trimmed off a good 1.5" or so again. It needed it. Apparently I didn't get all the scraggly ends back in October.

Dec 2011

Sept. 2012

Dec 2012

March vs October bun

Feeling myself on Christmas day :giggle: First time I've felt pretty in a LONG time

You and your hair are gorgeous ma'am! Okay I will exit you guys thread lol.

Guinan

Re-Branding

Dec 2011

Sept. 2012

Dec 2012

March vs October bun

U look soo pretty! Ur hair has def gotten thicker & u retained so much. Congrats on ur progress:)

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF