APL 2012 Challenge

*Sadly waves goodbye as newnyer ‘s drags her away* I’m sorry y’all! There were no shenanigans intended, I promise. NikkiQ - I was super excited about this challenge too...

BUT I'll still lurk and cheer you ladies on!:yep:

I'm not trying to call any names or anything :look:, there are at least 2 other sistahs you need to take with you. But um this is NikkiQ 's challenge, so she needs to come in here and deal with these Shenanigans. Yep I said shenanigans.

Folks just roll up into challenges swangin hair and stuff :nono:
Wait til I get home to my comp. I'm comin back in here :spank: people that are already APL!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700
^^^ *stands behind NikkiQ making faces at posters that are already APL* yeah! You lucky she holdin me back son!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Post when you can. You don't have to have anything new to share. We post mostly because we like hanging out with each other not that we really have anything new to share. :yep: At least thats true for me.

:blush: Oh ok! This is actually my first challenge, so I didn't know that. Thanks, Lady!

Welcome Your Cheeziness

Now...as for you young ladies that are already APL. How DARE you come in here, blending in with the rest of us reaching for APL, acting like your lush hair isn't already there and to play like you didn't know when you posted those pictures??!! Come up in here swangin hair in our faces. You lucky we don't come and steal all of your hair products!!! So we shall say farewell to newnyer and AryaStarr258 (unless they wanna stay til they make full APL) and wish them the best on their journey to BSL.

oh i remember saying ill come back in december to show a pic of my hair( i came in here when i was pregnant a few months ago, then laziness caught me and i just abandonned my hair) BUT.... yesterday was wash day and all...maybe tomorrow i'll straighten THEN i'll come back in here with a pic. i dont even remember when i posted a pic in here. well anyway i had some setbacks but ill be back with a pic before january,or at latest 1st january.

lets try this week. 'a few months ago i was almost apl but stupid breakage ,i trimmed. and trimmed last week too....

Welcome Your Cheeziness

Now...as for you young ladies that are already APL. How DARE you come in here, blending in with the rest of us reaching for APL, acting like your lush hair isn't already there and to play like you didn't know when you posted those pictures??!! Come up in here swangin hair in our faces. You lucky we don't come and steal all of your hair products!!! So we shall say farewell to newnyer and AryaStarr258 (unless they wanna stay til they make full APL) and wish them the best on their journey to BSL.

No...oh God, no. Please :imsorry: But I'll stick around until I make full APL. That wont be until April, I think, so this isnt the last you've seen of me! MWHAHAHAHA!

*High steps in this thread with protest signs* "HELL NO! I WON'T GO!" LOL! Well- I will eventually but not until I'm full APL. ;) I'll even consider parting ways if I am still at the APL line after my next trim...which I doubt. So:
Tear down the mountains. Yell, scream & shout. You can say what ya want....I'm not walking out. Stop all the rivers. Push, strike & kill. I'm not gonna leave ya, there's no way I wiiiilllll!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

[USER=312225 said:
newnyer[/USER];14873245]*High steps in this thread with protest signs* "HELL NO! I WON'T GO!" LOL! Well- I will eventually but not until I'm full APL. ;) I'll even consider parting ways if I am still at the APL line after my next trim...which I doubt. So:
Tear down the mountains. Yell, scream & shout. You can say what ya want....I'm not walking out. Stop all the rivers. Push, strike & kill. I'm not gonna leave ya, there's no way I wiiiilllll!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

Ok, since you said all that I guess you can stay. But you have to be on your best behavior :yep:

*sigh* ladies my sister just had about four inches trimmed off her hair. She really really needed it. And now her ends look an feel amazing!!! Sheesh I want a trim soooo bad. Especially since my ends don't feel too nice. But I'm also so afraid that the trim is gonna take off a whole year of growth, and then I'll have to join the shoulder length challenge. No shade at them or anything, but I don't wanna!!

just get a 1/2 in or inch trim and slowly work from there. i could use a half myself. i th scissors i used caused some damage, but we will see once i set my hair on rollers. my ends didn't look bad when i trimmed, but i didn't care for them when i airdried.

*sigh* ladies my sister just had about four inches trimmed off her hair. She really really needed it. And now her ends look an feel amazing!!! Sheesh I want a trim soooo bad. Especially since my ends don't feel too nice. But I'm also so afraid that the trim is gonna take off a whole year of growth, and then I'll have to join the shoulder length challenge. No shade at them or anything, but I don't wanna!!

A new thread is a great idea. And y'all need to set your pages to 40 post per page it cuts down on loading time. The thread is only 29 pages for me.

I'm not gonna create a new thread. I mean it would confuse everyone to see this one that's labeled as the actual challenge and the challenge is going on in another thread. It's okay that we have a lot of pages. Other challenges have WAY more than this so I'm just gonna keep this one going as usual. Is everyone fine with that?

I'm not gonna create a new thread. I mean it would confuse everyone to see this one that's labeled as the actual challenge and the challenge is going on in another thread. It's okay that we have a lot of pages. Other challenges have WAY more than this so I'm just gonna keep this one going as usual. Is everyone fine with that?

yeah i don't see a problem. i don't understand why we would need to start a new one in the first place. if it is an issue with making sure people get on the list, could the just PM or thank you in the first post NikkiQ?

I'm fine with that. I thought she was just kidding. Just forgot to add the smiley faces. :yep:

yeah i don't see a problem. i don't understand why we would need to start a new one in the first place. if it is an issue with making sure people get on the list, could the just PM or thank you in the first post @NikkiQ?

Yeah if I've missed anyone, please let me know and I'll be sure to add you. I'm doing my best to keep up with the ever growing list of challengers that keep popping in. I'm sure I've probably missed a person or 2. My eyes get crossed looking at all the names :lol:

~Current hair length

I'm so close to APL I can taste it. I can probably claim it if I pull but I want it to be ABSOLUTELY APL.

~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd

Natural

~APL goal month

I'm thinking I can make it by feb. It's my 2 year nappyversary. I'll be 2 yrs post BC and 2yrs 3 months post relaxer.

~Current Reggie and styling choices
I deep condition on Sundays (wash day) with a mid-week co-wash. I'm in the HYH and No heat challenges as well so I will be protective styling all year long. I joined both since I'm on a personal challenge to lose 100lbs in one year and will be working out 6 days a week. My protective styles will consist of braids, cornrows, twists and buns.

~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? I've incorporated more protein into my reggie and it's REALLY cut down on the breakage. I do hardcore Aphogee every 6 weeks and use the 2 min. reconstructor every week.

~Post a beginning picture
I just flatironed this past week but I'm back in twists again. Please, ignore my face. I always look a hot mess in my hair photots but I'm not trying to be cute, just tracking my progress lol

Before dusting

DSC_4701.jpg

DSC_4703-1.jpg

After dusting

DSC_4704.jpg

After dusting ponytail
DSC_4705.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, I've had a setback before I even had a chance to get started. :nono: I let someone borrow my flatiron, and when they gave it back to me, they had it set on level 13. I usually have mine set on no more than 5. I had done about a third of my hair before I thought to check the setting.

I had just washed and deep conditioned my hair, so hopefully too much damage was not done. I just hate to have to get a trim done at this point.

I would love to get 1/2 taken off but I know they aren't gonna do just that. I'm worried that the trim will push me back to not reaching APL next year. Which to me is a problem cuz I should have made it this month but I've had a few setbacks. I dusted my ends a few weeks ago

I would love to get 1/2 taken off but I know they aren't gonna do just that. I'm worried that the trim will push me back to not reaching APL next year. Which to me is a problem cuz I should have made it this month but I've had a few setbacks. I dusted my ends a few weeks ago

Well kupenda, if you dusted a few weeks ago, just go with that. Consider getting a trim when you reach your goal.

I keep my ends dusted. And I don't plan on going to a professional until I reach my goal and really want to even my hair out. Which is what I think most stylist call a trim.

I still haven't ordered the Split ender yet but i will be getting it by next month. I think that will help a lot with dusting my ends. I still haven't rolled my hair yet....tired.

Still removing my yarn braids. It's taking very long but I'm doing quite a lot in between. Did baggy today though, spritzed my hair with water and conditioner and then added oil to my hair and my hair is super soft!

~Current hair length - Between SL and APL (But it's closer to SL then APL).
~Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Loc'd -Transitioning

~APL goal month - December
~Current Reggie and styling choices - I use shampoo, conditioner, a reconstructor, a deep conditioner, and a leave in one week, then the next week I just cowash. I moisturize and seal whenever my hair feels dry and I sleep with a satin bonnet.
~What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL? - I'll probably protective style more.
~Post a beginning picture - I will post a picture when I flat iron my hair at the end of the month.

Back