Are vision boards Demonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I can't.

For the record no one is saying LOA is the way to go. No one has said anything about LOA being more powerful than God. To me God is all powerful. Vision board does not equal LOA. LOA is the issue not the vision board.

And the grey area for me as nothing to do with whether God is all powerful, but in how people worship.

Some churches sing straight hymnals and some are comtemporary in their choice of music. Does it make one greater than the other? No, this is the beautiful grey area I speak.

Lastly, having a vision board does not mean your goals/vision are not aligned with God's purpose for your life. No one is asking the universe to do anything for them.

There is no black, white, or gray; those are inventions of the human mind. There is light and darkness, which can give off a false light (2 Corinthians 11:14). What the Father Almighty finds beautiful should be our focus: a contrite heart, generosity though destitute, obedience in the face of temptation, desiring His will above ours, worshiping on our faces at His feet, asking for His Blood to cover our sins, patience, endurance, and faith without compromise...the fruits of the Spirit.

The question still remains: did God tell anyone to make a vision board to remind them of their role in the Kingdom? If you made one, did He approve of it? If not, it is of man and draws on soul power, not spiritual power from His Holy Spirit. We are to give up the soul (our will, what we think is best) for His will. His will be done, right?

Do_Si_Dos

There is no black, white, or gray; those are inventions of the human mind. There is light and darkness, which can give off a false light (2 Corinthians 11:14). What the Father Almighty finds beautiful should be our focus: a contrite heart, generosity though destitute, obedience in the face of temptation, desiring His will above ours, worshiping on our faces at His feet, asking for His Blood to cover our sins, patience, endurance, and faith without compromise...the fruits of the Spirit.

The question still remains: did God tell anyone to make a vision board to remind them of their role in the Kingdom? If you made one, did He approve of it? If not, it is of man and draws on soul power, not spiritual power from His Holy Spirit. We are to give up the soul (our will, what we think is best) for His will. His will be done, right?

Do you have the answers to these questions or a should a person take up with God? If they say they have, will it then be said that they heard wrong. Its about a personal relationship and everyone's relationship with God is different........... The only person I am here to please is him, and there is nothing more for me to say.

Do I believe in God? The answer Christians is yes. That's black and white, meaning it is a fact that can be supported by the bible. We should worship in spirit and in truth. Again a fact thats in black and white. However, the bible does not say how I have to personally have a relationship with God, which is grey because its on an individual basis.

Please be blessed and let's agree to disagree. I am really over it. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
All I can say right now is, I got way to wrapped up in LOA. I was getting confused and thinking I could do it myself, and kind of pushing God to the side. Don't get me wrong, I still loved God, I was just thinking I could manifest stuff myself. Next thing I know, I'm in the hospital with a rare agressive stage 4 cancer that had doctors confused and crying for me, because they were,'t sure what to do ( I'm 20, btw a youngin lol )

My mom and I stopped anything LOA that second, I was in the hospital for months, so my mom threw my vision board and journal away for me. I believe this was a test of faith for me. God healed me after two chemo treatments and on my last cat scan every tumor was gone. I had them on my cervix and uterus, and also nodules on my lungs that how far the cancer had spread.

I will never again mess with LOA in thinking I am in control.

I lean and rely on God and by the stripes of Jesus I am healed. The whole experince humbled me and def. turned me away from LOA. It is not for me, I will do what God's word says.

I'm too blessed to get caught up in that again.

Jynlnd13

Dear Jynlnd13... :kiss:

I'm so happy that God has healed you. So, so glad. I give Him all the praise right along with you and your Mom.

God bless you, always.

:bighug:

Shimmie

Staff member
My vision board helps me stay in faith for the things God has promised me. When I get discouraged, I look at my board and I KNOW that it has already been done.

LOA, helped me to be more positive in my thought life, I truly believe there is power of life and death in the tongue.(Proverbs 18:21) I am more active in trusting God, because of the words I am speaking and my thought life.

I only want to be around people who are speaking life!!! Anything that manifests in my life, I know without a shadow of a doubt is was not my own doing. God work that thing out for me. :yep:

Vision boards and journals are grey, imo.

No one is practicing LOA!!!

:nono: ...... There is no mix of the two, Dear One...

Last edited:

Do_Si_Dos

:nono: ...... There is no mix of the two, Dear One...

As I said previously, the only thing I took from LOA was being more positive. Which is something my pastor spoke about and I have read books by christian authors, such as Joyce Meyers that spoke about the same thing. So again, I am done with this conversation, but thanks........ So thanks for your help, but I am good. Be blessed.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Jynlnd13

Jynlnd13

Dear Jynlnd13... :kiss:

I'm so happy that God has healed you. So, so glad. I give Him all the praise right along with you and your Mom.

God bless you, always.

:bighug:

Thank you shimmie :) God is really lifting my spirits right now, because I've been having a little problem with negative thoughts. Your comments really touched me and I apperciate it.

God bless you too sister.

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you shimmie :) God is really lifting my spirits right now, because I've been having a little problem with negative thoughts. Your comments really touched me and I apperciate it.

God bless you too sister.

:kiss: Precious Jynlnd, God's gifts are without repentence. He never gives and takes them away from you. Your healing is His gift of love to you and it's yours forever. The Blood of Jesus has sealed it and it cannot be unsealed. Nothing unseals the Blood of the Lamb.

Be healthy, be strong, be beautiful...always. For it is truly yours without regret from God our Father.

You are healed ... this 'we' know for God is for you. He never lies.

Successfulmiss

If we don't know how to talk and minister to one another in loving kindness, how will we win the world?:nono:

Peace to all of you and thank you Lord for our personal relationship with you and that you will deal with our hearts as you see fit.:yep:

Afrobuttafly

I commend you for questioning something like this and not just blindly following it. When things like this arise always look at the ORIGIN. What is it based on, where did it come from? Some things of and within themselves are not necessarily bad..but if their origin is pagan or Satanic no true Christian would want to have even limited involvement in it. Others have made very valid points here. The devil is as slick as they come. Keep questioning..keep seeking truth.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Keep in mind, my answer is not only towards you, but the forum as a whole. By His direct Guidance do I operate and I will always encourage freedom from worldly things and the desire the world feeds us.

Do you have the answers to these questions or a should a person take up with God?

We should take all things to Him first, always. The Bible is full of examples of what happens when we do not. Even so, he sometimes say “yes” to teach us a lesson.

If they say they have, will it then be said that they heard wrong.

That is just it; no one has. Also, God does allow us to do our own thing, even to the detriment to ourselves. Thanks to the self-esteem/positivity trap, people do not take the time to pray to God to keep them from deception and distraction.

Its about a personal relationship and everyone's relationship with God is different...........

Yes, we all have a different role in the Body to advance the Kingdom, but that only happens when we “kill” all of self daily. Is His Spirit dwelling within not enough?

The only person I am here to please is him, and there is nothing more for me to say.

But have you asked Him what make Him happy? Did you wait for the answer?

Do I believe in God? The answer Christians is yes. That's black and white, meaning it is a fact that can be supported by the bible. We should worship in spirit and in truth. Again a fact thats in black and white. However, the bible does not say how I have to personally have a relationship with God, which is grey because its on an individual basis.

Please be blessed and let's agree to disagree. I am really over it. Thanks.

As I said, the black, white, and gray distinctions are from the human mind; God desires us to focus on His Holy Light and what He finds beautiful. The adversary and his minions believe, but true believers sacrifice all (as Jesus did) to be filled with His Light and, in turn, radiate that Light.

You have to take it to the next level, which is worshiping in spirit and truth. The only way to do that is to be willing to transcend (outgrow) the tangibles (the physical, emotions, or whatever the world deems important), like vision boards, to have His will transform into your will. If not, one will stay stuck on the path until something happens to take it away as some in this thread have testified to (thanks to the Lord for your witness, ladies).

I did ask how He wanted us to approach His throne and He gave me the answer several times. I posted it, but it is up to each of us to ask Him what He wants, not what we think is best.

jenny87

I see the number of people losing all control in this thread is increasing......you cannot tell someone something when they have already made up their minds about you. And why attempt to defend yourself and your walk with God to anyone anyway?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Incognitus

Despite its divisiveness, this thread has helped me immensely. I've read posts by those who brought up varying perspectives and those who were completely oblivious to what others were saying. Nonetheless, each post contributed to the discussion and raised many different factors for me to consider. Thus, I say thank you to all posters for contributing and assisting me in reaching my own conclusions. :yep:

makeupgirl

I see the number of people losing all control in this thread is increasing......you cannot tell someone something when they have already made up their minds about you. And why attempt to defend yourself and your walk with God to anyone anyway?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

If you know who you are in Christ, then there is nothing to defend. Paul wrote to the Romans that we are to present our bodies as a living sacriface, holy and acceptable unto God which is our reasonable service. Then he goes on to say that we should not conform to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our minds. (This is Romans 12:1-2)

Think about it this way. God is always in control even when we relinquish control. Each born again Christian has the Holy Spirit in them, as Jesus promised to us as the comforter, to lead and guide us into all truths. If something isn't of God, he's going to let us know straight up. However, he's not going to force us to do anything that we don't want to do. If we chose at that moment not to follow what the Holy Spirit is saying, then we have choosen to walk in the flesh instead of the Spirit.

Know that Satan is the author of confusion, strife, injustice, ok basically anything and everything that is bad and against God. He's enjoying the confusion that is going on, the lost of control, the snap judgments, etc. That's his deal. He loves it when Christians mess up. We're his former kids, so he's pretty ticked off at us and just want to go up to Heaven to gloat and tell God that we're not to be trusted. That's his MO. His number is almost up and he's doing everything he can to take some people with him on his eternal fiery trip.

Just from reading your posts, you have a thrist for knowledge regarding learning more about Christ and pleasing him. Whenever that confusion comes about or you feel attacked, go directly to God and tell him about how you're feeling. He wants us to do that anyway. He's open 24/7.

:yep:

lilanie

A great story about compromise...

Dad's Brownies

A father of some teenage children had the family rule that they could not attend PG-13 or R rated movies. His three teens wanted to see a particular popular movie that was playing at local theaters. It was rated PG-13.
The teens interviewed friends and even some members of their family's church to find out what was offensive in the movie. The teens made a list of pros and cons about the movie to use to convince their dad that they should be allowed to see it. The con's were that it contained ONLY 3 swear words, the ONLY violence was a building exploding (and you see that on TV all the time they said), and you actually did not "see" the couple in the movie having sex - it was just implied sex, off camera. The pros were that it was a popular movie - a block buster. Everyone was seeing it. If the teens saw the movie then they would not feel left out when their friends discussed it. The movie contained a good story and plot. It had some great adventure and suspense in it. There were some fantastic special effects in this movie. The movie's stars were some of the most talented actors in Hollywood. It probably would be nominated for several awards.

Many of the members of their Christian church had even seen the movie and said it wasn't "very bad". Therefore, since there were more pros than cons the teens said they were asking their father to reconsider his position on just this ONE movie and let them have permission to go see it.
The father looked at the list and thought for a few minutes. He said he could tell his children had spent some time and thought on this request. He asked if he could have a day to think about it before making his decision. The teens were thrilled thinking; "Now we've got him! Our argument is too good! Dad can't turn us down!" So, they happily agreed to let him have a day to think about their request.
The next evening the father called in his three teenagers, who were smiling smugly, into the living room. There on the coffee table he had a plate of brownies. The teens were puzzled. The father told his children he had thought about their request and had decided that if they would eat a brownie then he would let them go to the movie. But just like the movie, the brownies had pros and cons.
The pros were that they were made with the finest chocolate and other good ingredients. They had the added special effect of yummy walnuts in them. The brownies were moist and fresh with wonderful chocolate frosting on top. He had made these fantastic brownies using an award-winning recipe. And best of all, the brownies had been made lovingly by the hand of their own father.
The brownies only had one con. The father had included a little bit of a special ingredient. The brownies also contained just a little bit of dog poop. But he had mixed the dough well - they probably would not even be able to taste the dog poop and he had baked it at 350 degrees so any bacteria or germs from the dog poop had probably been destroyed.
Therefore, if any of his children could stand to eat the brownies which included just a "little bit of crap" and not be effected by it, then he knew they would also be able to see the movie with "just a little bit of smut" and not be effected.
Of course, none of the teens would eat the brownies and the smug smiles had left their faces. Only Dad was smiling smugly as they left the room.
Now when his teenagers ask permission to do something he is opposed to the father just asks, "Would you like me to whip up a batch of my special brownies?"

Shimmie

Staff member
If you know who you are in Christ, then there is nothing to defend. Paul wrote to the Romans that we are to present our bodies as a living sacriface, holy and acceptable unto God which is our reasonable service. Then he goes on to say that we should not conform to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our minds. (This is Romans 12:1-2)

Think about it this way. God is always in control even when we relinquish control. Each born again Christian has the Holy Spirit in them, as Jesus promised to us as the comforter, to lead and guide us into all truths. If something isn't of God, he's going to let us know straight up. However, he's not going to force us to do anything that we don't want to do. If we chose at that moment not to follow what the Holy Spirit is saying, then we have choosen to walk in the flesh instead of the Spirit.

Know that Satan is the author of confusion, strife, injustice, ok basically anything and everything that is bad and against God. He's enjoying the confusion that is going on, the lost of control, the snap judgments, etc. That's his deal. He loves it when Christians mess up. We're his former kids, so he's pretty ticked off at us and just want to go up to Heaven to gloat and tell God that we're not to be trusted. That's his MO. His number is almost up and he's doing everything he can to take some people with him on his eternal fiery trip.

Just from reading your posts, you have a thrist for knowledge regarding learning more about Christ and pleasing him. Whenever that confusion comes about or you feel attacked, go directly to God and tell him about how you're feeling. He wants us to do that anyway. He's open 24/7.

:yep:

Forever the 'peace maker' :kiss:

Blessed are the Peace Makers for they shall see God...

makeupgirl

Forever the 'peace maker' :kiss:

Blessed are the Peace Makers for they shall see God...

Hi Ms. Shimmie,

I never thought that I was a peacemaker...lol. I guess it's just lets me know further that I am yielding to the Holy Spirit's command. I give Jesus all the credit because without him, peacemaking will not happen.

Shimmie

Staff member
Hi Ms. Shimmie,

I never thought that I was a peacemaker...lol. I guess it's just lets me know further that I am yielding to the Holy Spirit's command. I give Jesus all the credit because without him, peacemaking will not happen.

You are... indeed. :yep: :love2:

nathansgirl1908

I get the point of the story but this is all a bit too dramatic.

A great story about compromise...

Dad's Brownies

A father of some teenage children had the family rule that they could not attend PG-13 or R rated movies. His three teens wanted to see a particular popular movie that was playing at local theaters. It was rated PG-13.
The teens interviewed friends and even some members of their family's church to find out what was offensive in the movie. The teens made a list of pros and cons about the movie to use to convince their dad that they should be allowed to see it. The con's were that it contained ONLY 3 swear words, the ONLY violence was a building exploding (and you see that on TV all the time they said), and you actually did not "see" the couple in the movie having sex - it was just implied sex, off camera. The pros were that it was a popular movie - a block buster. Everyone was seeing it. If the teens saw the movie then they would not feel left out when their friends discussed it. The movie contained a good story and plot. It had some great adventure and suspense in it. There were some fantastic special effects in this movie. The movie's stars were some of the most talented actors in Hollywood. It probably would be nominated for several awards.

Many of the members of their Christian church had even seen the movie and said it wasn't "very bad". Therefore, since there were more pros than cons the teens said they were asking their father to reconsider his position on just this ONE movie and let them have permission to go see it.
The father looked at the list and thought for a few minutes. He said he could tell his children had spent some time and thought on this request. He asked if he could have a day to think about it before making his decision. The teens were thrilled thinking; "Now we've got him! Our argument is too good! Dad can't turn us down!" So, they happily agreed to let him have a day to think about their request.
The next evening the father called in his three teenagers, who were smiling smugly, into the living room. There on the coffee table he had a plate of brownies. The teens were puzzled. The father told his children he had thought about their request and had decided that if they would eat a brownie then he would let them go to the movie. But just like the movie, the brownies had pros and cons.
The pros were that they were made with the finest chocolate and other good ingredients. They had the added special effect of yummy walnuts in them. The brownies were moist and fresh with wonderful chocolate frosting on top. He had made these fantastic brownies using an award-winning recipe. And best of all, the brownies had been made lovingly by the hand of their own father.
The brownies only had one con. The father had included a little bit of a special ingredient. The brownies also contained just a little bit of dog poop. But he had mixed the dough well - they probably would not even be able to taste the dog poop and he had baked it at 350 degrees so any bacteria or germs from the dog poop had probably been destroyed.
Therefore, if any of his children could stand to eat the brownies which included just a "little bit of crap" and not be effected by it, then he knew they would also be able to see the movie with "just a little bit of smut" and not be effected.
Of course, none of the teens would eat the brownies and the smug smiles had left their faces. Only Dad was smiling smugly as they left the room.
Now when his teenagers ask permission to do something he is opposed to the father just asks, "Would you like me to whip up a batch of my special brownies?"

Iwanthealthyhair67

Our warefare is not carnal but mighty through the pulling down of strongholds...for we wrestle not against flesh and blood...

This is a supernatural fight that we are in not of the flesh not always the things we can see ...it more 'serious' than we think and more serious that we 'know', remember we are in a war for our very souls ...

Don't discount the plan of the enemy who is about his mission to kill steal and destroy, remember he comes like and Angel of light which is deception...

Be on your guard at all times having put on the whole armour of God, it's that serious...

silenttullip

There's no bible for it BUT if people are making idols of them its on them can't bash the boards themselves...
I look at it as the equivalant of hitting the rock instead of speaking to it...
If you know God wants you to do one thing or go in one direction and you follow your wants out of anger stubbornness or what have you, you won't receive all God has for you.

Shimmie

Staff member
Our warefare is not carnal but mighty through the pulling down of strongholds...for we wrestle not against flesh and blood...

This is a supernatural fight that we are in not of the flesh not always the things we can see ...it more 'serious' than we think and more serious that we 'know', remember we are in a war for our very souls ...

Don't discount the plan of the enemy who is about his mission to kill steal and destroy, remember he comes like and Angel of light which is deception...

Be on your guard at all times having put on the whole armour of God, it's that serious...

Wow... :yep:

BreeNique

So...I'm looking through one of my favorite monthly magazines, and considering tearing out photos for a vision board of my own. When I was younger, I'd make collages all day based around "themes"--Black Hollywood, candy, cake, etc. Lately I've discovered Pinterest, and a whole new worry inside of me has exploded--giving my God-given creativity over to the world/ becoming a consumer in every possible sense--just taking things in at all times. Anyway, I was thinking about creating a 2012 vision board, and Google'd "vision board sin", the like.

Ya'll KNOW lhcf was the FIRST hit on Google. -_-

Anyway, I really appreciate the input from contributors to this thread. I have decided not to create a vision of tangible and limited things like stylish women in stilettos or healthy plates of food, but to focus my 2012 energy in journaling these thoughts out, to further examine them, instead of paste them to cardboard. It's just better for my lifestyle, my sanity, and my relationship with God. I don't want to live by my own idea of success, but by His, and manifesting a board, with my own hands, seems unnecessary. I just don't think that God would be the center of it. I know myself, how I think, and how I strive. I feel that, at some point, it would become a collection of worldly inspiration, not a manifestation of what God is capable of.

So, I'm good for now.

*closes magazine, backs out of forum...*

bn

Shimmie

Staff member
Anyway, I was thinking about creating a 2012 vision board, and Google'd "vision board sin", the like.

Ya'll KNOW lhcf was the FIRST hit on Google. -_-

bn

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

BreeNique, that's funny regarding LHCF being first on the Google hit. :lol:

I'm glad you're allowing God to lead you with this.

God bless you in 2012 and beyond.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
BreeNique said:
I have decided not to create a vision of tangible and limited things like stylish women in stilettos or healthy plates of food, but to focus my 2012 energy in journaling these thoughts out, to further examine them, instead of paste them to cardboard. It's just better for my lifestyle, my sanity, and my relationship with God. I don't want to live by my own idea of success, but by His, and manifesting a board, with my own hands, seems unnecessary. I just don't think that God would be the center of it. I know myself, how I think, and how I strive. I feel that, at some point, it would become a collection of worldly inspiration, not a manifestation of what God is capable of.

I agree with this.

The fact that we can obtain and accomplish much in this world is a given. Whether we are living in submission to His will and word rather than our own is another question entirely. *That's* the hard part.

Sent from my LS670 using LS670

Shimmie

Staff member
I agree with this.

The fact that we can obtain and accomplish much in this world is a given. Whether we are living in submission to His will and word rather than our own is another question entirely. *That's* the hard part.

Sent from my LS670 using LS670

I don't want to 'bypass' God in this journey of Life, nor after. :Rose:

disgtgyal

I'm actually considering doing a vision board, but doing it differently. My vision board will consist of all the things God has promised me, all the plans He laid out for me. My vision board isn't going to be based on the law of attraction, in fact I plan on dividing the cardboard in three and in the middle will be Bible verses that correspond with His promises and purpose beginning with seeking Him first... and on the outer sides will be pics representing the promises He made but it'll held together by the Word. Before reading this thread it never occurred to me it could be demonic, especially since in Habakkuk God says to write the vision down which IMO serves a visual reminder for the person when their faith maybe lacking... am I missing something?

Sent from my LG-P925 using LG-P925

Status
Not open for further replies.