Armpit Challenge

*Frisky*

I am new to the forum and I want to participate in some type of challenge to maybe help me keep motivated. I see the Bra Strap Challenge and Waistlength Challenge but for me, I think those may be a little out of my range for now. I am currently maybe an inch or so below collar bone and I think armpit length is more realistic for me. Like I said, I am brand spanking new so anyone that is interested, please advise on what I need to do to get it started.

determine3

Count me in!! I'm a newbie too but noticed the shoulder/armpit challenge was 2005 so I was kinda late. Maybe we can use this thread for the challenge??? I think you list your regimen (when you develop one..i'm still a work in progress) and check in every so often. Maybe someone more experienced can guide us.

s_terry

Another newbie! I'm IN! I am about an inch and a half from APL. I will post my regimen for 2006 ( starting this month) when I get back from the BSS. I think I am going to look into a phonypony for end protection

jaded_faerie

I was in the shoulder/armpit length challenge...Ive reached my shoulder length goal and now I am aiming for armpit in the back by summer 2006 and my hair in the front to reach shoulder length at the end of 2006....my regimen consist of..

-shampoo once a week with Nexxus but I am thinking of giving MNT a chance since I really am looking to thicken my strands

-deep condition with salerm or queen helena with a bit of honey

-moisturiZe daily with a mix of scurl, water, and shea butter oil

-I MTG 3x a week

-Relax the 30th of January, May, and September and i trim every relaxer

Look forward to the challenge. Goodluck!

*Frisky*

I was thinking about ending the challenge in June sometime. Hopefully this will give everyone enough time to reach their individual goal. I am still trying to put together my regimen of what I am going to do. The only thing I have been doing rather consistently is taking my vitamins and drinking carrot juice for the last month.

andreab

I was on the Armpit Challenge of 2005. I believe I will reach APL by May 2006. I am already past shoulder length.

-shampoo once a week (Nexus, Kenra)
-Condition wash once a week
-Scalp massage (purchase WGO)
-Continue to deep condition once a week (Purchase Salerm)
-mosturize ends 2 - 3 times a day
-cut down on combing
-Start taking Vitamins again

Last edited:

Millahdoowop

Hmmm been at shoulder length and I have passed shoulder length, but I'm not armpit yet. I suppose I should get there at the end of March/beginning of April. So I'm in.

Guyaneek

I'd like to join also. RIght now I'm slightly below shoulder length. I am hoping to reach APL by early 2006. I don't have a set regimin for 2006 yet but I will post one soon.

byrdmail

I'm in. I am aboout 2 inches beyond shoulder level. My current regime is:

Every Sunday: 1. Prepoo with Ojon or EVOO/Jojoba oil mix
2. Wash once with my prescription shampoo
3. Wash again with Fredric Fekkai Protein Rx poo
4. Deep Condition with Fekkai Rx reparative treatment and alternate with Fekkai Protein Rx conidtioner.

Vitamins: 3000 mgs of Biotin daily, multivitamin.

Rogaine: apply once a day

I am trying to stretch my relaxer to beteween 9 and 10 weeks.

Sweet C

So should this be known as the armpit 2006 challenge?

Count me in, I am about an inch or so (not quite sure) past shoulders in parts of the back and shorter in other areas. I believe if I continue taking care of my hair diligently, I should be armpit length (at least in the back) and all SL by the end of 2006

Plan:

Relaxer (10 to 12 weeks)
Pre-poo with NTM mask
Wash 1x a week (CON or Keracare, and when Keracare runs out, must pick either Kenra or NTM)
Clarify at least once a month (ACV or Fantasia Tea Tree)
At least semi-protective (off the shoulders) styling at least half of the time
Hot oil treatments 2x a month (Oils: EVOO, Taaliah Waajid, Jojoba, Rosemary, Lavender, Peppermint)
DC with Humecto or Tropical Avocado weekly
Light Protein when needed (Mizani Fufyl or Aphogee 2-min Reconstructor)
Heavy Protein about every 6 weeks (DRC-28 or Keracare Super Reconstructor)
Leave-Ins/Serums: NTM serum, NTM leave-in, Elucence MB
Moisturizers: Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil Creme, HB Carrot Oil, Taaliah Waajid Oil, and occasionly Blue Magic (for certain styles)
Start vitamins in 06 and take care of body (workout, diet, hair, etc.)

Oh, and start a hair album sometime in 2006 (hopefully get a digital camera)

*Frisky*

I think I finally has my regimen together, hopefully I can be consistent:

Weekly: Wash/Deep Condition(Nexxus prod or Silicon Mix/Whale Sperm poo

2 or 3 times per week: Co Wash(Suave Milk and Honey, Dominican Silk Worm or Honey and Milk

Daily: Moisturize(Surge, WGO, Olive oil, Elasta QP, Coconut Oil)
Vitamins(GNC NourishHair, Nioxin, Evening Primrose)
Protective styles(I usually go to the hairdresser once a month and get a roller set so for 3 or 4 days out of the month I wear my hair down curled)

I am gonna try and stretch my relaxer to 8 weeks..usaully I need one every 6 or 7 weeks.

Did anyone want to take pics of our progress for the challenge?

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

I am up for an armpit challenge!!

I don't think I'll be there by June, unless MTG will really work wonders for me. I think I need another 6-7 inches to reach Armpit length (the back of my hair is grazing my shoulders currently). I think I can get there by the end of 2006.

Regimen (for now, may need to be adjusted at somepoint)
-Wash weekly, deep condition weekly (using Kenra MS/MC; Biolage Moistuzing Balm conditioner, CON Shampoo, I will be doing a Bone Marrow treatment weekly)

-Cowash every other day

-Protective style almost everyday with the baggie (will cover the baggie with phonyponies, drawstring ponytails). I may also get a quickweave for additional options.

-MTG everyother day, WGO everyday, S-curl when needed, Curl Activator Gel to smooth hair for baggie.

-I will be stretching my relaxers to 12 weeks. Hopefully, I will be able to go to 16 weeks eventually.

-I will be relaxing with my usual Affirm, I may be switching from regular to mild though.

Sexyma

I'm soooo in. This is my first challenge and I'm ready to go. THis is my plan:

Co-Wash 2x/week with CON and Nexuss Humectress, Airdry in a bun

Moisturize every day with Castor oil/Carrot Oil/Humectress/water concoction

DC – Once a week

Take Vitamins: Flaxseed, Silica, MSM, Nourishair, B-complex, 3000mg biotin

When wearing bun, baggie at night

Stretch Relaxer 10-12 weeks – Mizani

Protein Reconstructor – 1x/month – Kiehls Protein Pack mixed with EVOO or Nexuss Emergency

Wash & Set from Dominicans every 2 weeks – first 6 weeks into fresh touch-up. Protective style/bun last 4-6 week.

Trim every other relaxer (approx. 2x/year)

Armpit Challenge – June 2006

Brastrap Challenge – December of 2006

genesis

I would like to join in on this challenge also, my current length is about 2 inches past shoulders.

MiWay

I'm not 100% sure about a regimen yet, but this is what I'm thinking...

1. Wash weekly with Parnevu Salon Shampoo, Nutrine Garlic Shampoo (if I notice shedding), or Creme of Nature clarifying shampoo (if necessary)
2. Co-wash with Capilo Milk & Honey
3. Deep condition with Silicon Mix, Toque Emergencia, 10 en 1, or Hair Mayo (whichever looks good at the time - yes I'm a PJ)
4. Vitamins/Supplements: GNC Prenatal Vitamins, 8 oz. Odwalla carrot juice per day, 3 bottles of water per day
5. Protective Styles: bun or roller set (I want to try bantu knots/pin curls)

I am 8 weeks post relaxer. I am going to try to make it to 12 before I relax again. I may make bi-weekly visits to the Dominican salon to get the roots blown out.

Elizabeth26

I don't really have any set products I will be using at this time.

Co-Wash: 1 time a week
Shampoo/DC: 1 time a week
Take Vitamins: In my signature
Stretch Relaxer: every 10-12 weeks – Mizani Mild
Moisturize: 2 times a day with mango butter, jojoba/castor oil, Scurl
Growth Enhancers: currently using surge will start using MTG after my relaxer
Use light and heavy duty protein

I will also be drinking 64 ounces of water 3 ounces of carrot juice a day. I do not know the length of my hair but it is past my shoulders. I will be doing the measurements this weekends. I will be charting my progress with pictures.

KiSseS03

I'm in too :)!

My hair is about an inch or so past my shoulders in the back, but I have layers, the shortest one is probably just past chin length. I think I will be using the Crown and Glory Method because the hard water in my dorm at school KILLS my hair, so I'm gonna braid it up next semester.

I also try to eat healthy w/ lots of protein. I take GNC Women's Ultra Mega and just started the Hair, Skin and Nails as well as a Calcium/Vitamin D (I'm lactose intolerant). I'm gonna make it to the gym as well, even though in the winter I feel like hibernating lol...

Last edited:

stunningmane

Ladies

I'm so in!!! I think I should be able to get there by March/April 2006 - the back of my hair that is. My fringe is almost chin length and the sides about 3(?) inches from shoulder length. Will aim to get fringe to shoulder length at that time and sides to few inches below that (hope that's clear).

I have a fairly simple routine:

DC once a week (sometimes 2X) with ORS sitting under steamer
Conwash 2X /week with Surge Power Wash Poo and con with Nexxus / Mizani product
Apoghee every 6 weeks
Surge 14 Spray on ends every day / other day
On scalp, have been alternating weekly with Surge 14, MTG and Kubi hair grower
Flaxseed oil, Vit B5, Silica, Biotin, Multi vit, Vit E and atleast 3 litres of water daily
Atleast 30 mins (mostly 45 - 60 mins) exercise 5 days / week

HHG everyone!

tenderheaded

I'm in. I'm still Christmas stretching, so it was a huge success. I hope this one willl be the same. I'll be relaxing at 12-13 wks but I'm shooting for 18 wks next time.

Regimen: Wash wkly Lavish moisture or CON. Deep condis with ORS Replenishing Pak, generic Humectress, or Got2B Emergency Repair. Heavy protein 4-6 wks with Aphogee/EQP Breakage mixture.
Daily - Profectiv Breakfree or mango butter with evoo/carrot oil mix and water spritz.
Vit- multi, fish oil, flaxseed oil, MSM, silica, biotin 1000mg, B5. I know this seems like a lot but the first 3 I've been taking for health reasons for the past 26 months!

tonia682

I am an old reader of this website but a newbie member. I wanna join this challange. My hair is approx. 2-2.5 inches from my armpit. My goal is to read APL by August. My hair grows pretty slow so it may take longer. I will check in regularly.

determine3

I'm definately aiming for armpit length by August (i'm also aiming to get married at this time:grin: ) and would love to walk down the aisle with my OWN hair!!!!! I'm currently wearing a full head weave but i'm taking my vitamins, using MTG, plan on buying the original mane and tail conditioner and shampoo and digesting healthier things. I have been out of my biotin and msm for some time now, so when I go back to the GNC, I'm going to buy double of what I normally buy so it will last. Hey, if I could spend almost $80 on hair formula 37 vitamins (I don't use this anymore) I can treat myself to these vitamins.

aivonfay

I'd like to join. I'm giving my hair a break right now from relaxer. I'm currently wearinng kinky twists. I don't plan on relaxing until March of 06, hopefully I will be at APL. I will be about 20 wks. post relaxer by then.

I'll be using sulfur 8 on my scalp 1-2x per week
I'm not sure how often I will shampoo and condition, but maybe once every 2 weeks.