Armpit Challenge

blueabyss333

I'm guessing I have about 4 inches to go. I'm too lazy to bust out a ruler and all:look: . Right now I am pre-pooing, shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioning once a week. Then I CO wash twice a week. I use AOGPB about every two weeks; scalp massages; MSM, GNC Ultra Mega Woman, and Flax Seed Oil daily. I just trimmed in the beginning of the month. I think the sock I was using was giving me the splits and my ends felt horrible:mad: . Now I'm doing the baggy method to recover. I'm hoping to be no more than 1.5 inches away from APL if I'm not already there. Hopefully, my next relaxers will be between April and May and then July and September. HHG to everyone!

Doremie13

Okay, another newbie checking in. I just joined today after discovering the site last month. I'd like to join in on this challenge. I'm not even sure how long my hair is now--I think it's a little past my shoulders. My last relaxer was in November and I think I can make it through the rest of this month thanks to what I've learned so far.

I'll post details about myself amd my hair later but count me in!

KiSseS03

Woot! I actually think I'm gonna make it, I thought June '06 might be a little too soon! My bottom layer is almost there now, but I haven't had a trim since October and just took my braids out, so I'll probably take off a little this week. My shortest layer (formerly bangs) are just passing chin length now, so they probably won't make it....

ucfcpegirl06

I might be too late, but I wanna join this challenge. My hair is a little past shoulder length in the back and to my chin in the front. I'm hoping to be APL by the end of this year (keepin' my fingers crossed). :D

I'm in , I'm in!

I am currently at a modest armpit. I hope to reach brastrap by the end of 2006. I am going to make the goal December just to be safe! I will be so excited.

Right now I am moisturizing my ends every single day and I deep condition w/heat every week for a minimum of 30 min. I am trying to stretch my relaxers to every 3 months and I dont use heat. I air dry and use caruso rollers.

I would say I am about 4 inches away from brastrap - Here we grow, grow, grow!

KiSseS03

I just took our my braids and I too am a "modest armpit" and I'm very excited about it! :)

I'm going to trim my hair when my heat stretch is over (early April) but hopefully I won't lose too much length.

LadyZ

Well, I guess I can update... Nothing new to add since I joined this challenge... I am still making a little progress each month... I may reach APL sometime this year... don't know if it will be in June though... I hope when the warmer weather starts, it will start a growth spurt for me...
I will step up the CW's now that the weather is not freezing... That may help me get some growth started also... I will try and update my album also each month... I am going to do a light dusting of my ends on the 15th of this month... I want to keep my ends in the best shape... They make a big difference in retaining the growth you get each month, and I need to keep it all:lachen: ... Well, I will update in another month or so

*Frisky*

I have been meaning to do an update....I got a touch up on Feb 23 and my hairdresser cut alot of my hair and it really didn't need it. I think I still have about 5 inches to go to APL after the cut so I am a little discouraged but I will still try and make it...she is gonna draw back a nub if she puts the scissors anywhere near my hair over the next few months. It has grown a litttle since then but 5 inches is alot to gain in 3 and 1/2 months.:ohwell:

blueabyss333

LadyZ said:
Well, I guess I can update... Nothing new to add since I joined this challenge... I am still making a little progress each month... I may reach APL sometime this year... don't know if it will be in June though... I hope when the warmer weather starts, it will start a growth spurt for me...
I will step up the CW's now that the weather is not freezing... That may help me get some growth started also... I will try and update my album also each month... I am going to do a light dusting of my ends on the 15th of this month... I want to keep my ends in the best shape... They make a big difference in retaining the growth you get each month, and I need to keep it all:lachen: ... Well, I will update in another month or so

Exactly my sentiments. I'm going back to CW and NO MORE presses. It killed my ends worse than I thought.:mad: And I knew better :wallbash: . I've had to trim twice already this year (heat and dull shears). So, I'm basically where I started at in January because I'm going to have to trim again. I will try stretching a couple more weeks. It's already been about three months.

*Frisky*

blueabyss333 said:
Exactly my sentiments. I'm going back to CW and NO MORE presses. It killed my ends worse than I thought.:mad: And I knew better :wallbash: . I've had to trim twice already this year (heat and dull shears). So, I'm basically where I started at in January because I'm going to have to trim again. I will try stretching a couple more weeks. It's already been about three months.

I feel you on the set back...I let my stylist "trim" my hair in February and it really didn't need it and she cut off all the progress I had made since end of December and January. Luckily I think I gained that inch back over the last month or so but I would have been further along if it weren't for her cutting my hair.:(

Doremie13

I think I'm doing pretty good. I've finally got a routine down for my hair. My protective style is a braidout and it sits on my shoulders. When stretched, it's just right at the top of my armpit. I think I have almost 2 inches of NG since starting my healthy hair journey in January. Basically, here's what I've been doing:

I wash 3 times a week with CON; 2xs with clarifying poo (taking swimming) followed by CON. DC once a week with ORS pak. Detangle with MNT; apply NTM leave-in and Pantene R&N conditioner as a leave-in, and Softee coconut oil "grease" on the ends and at the crown. Tie my hair down with a scarf for 30-45 minutes, then apply "moisturizer" (mixture of Right on Curl activator and Scurl) to NG. Then I spray it with Scurl and water, put in four box braids with a roller on the end (sprayed with Scurl and water), and tie up with scarf for bed. On the nights I don't wash, I just put my hair in one braid and roller, and put it up in the scarf. BTW, my regimen is based on what I can get from Dollar General and the local drug store because I'm in the middle of Nowhere!

I plan to relax my hair the first week of May after my swim class ends, and may get a trim. I'll adjust my routine a bit after my relaxer, like going back to CWs and adding a serum to my routine for the warmer weather. My goal is to get to APL by July, and then on to brastrap.

patientlywaiting

I am a newbie as well....and I was looking for the armpit challenege I am past shoulder length in the back and the front of my hair is layered.......I hope this is still going on:)

KiniKakes

Is anyone hear armpit from the front, or is that like a totally different challenge? Dang, I guess armpit from the front would be around bra-strap length in the back....?

Doremie13

KiniKakes said:
Is anyone hear armpit from the front, or is that like a totally different challenge? Dang, I guess armpit from the front would be around bra-strap length in the back....?

Wow! Your hair looks great!! And what a beautiful smile!!!

I had bangs, so that section is now down to my chin. I'm just going with the majority of my hair when it hits the mark, or "pit." To me, that makes the goal more attainable. :p I figure by the time I get to brastrap, I will have had a trim or two to even things out and should be close to one length by then.

LadyZ

Well, time for an update...
first I have not been posting a lot because I have been on 12 hours a day for 3 out of 6 days a week... So I have been dead tired... I am catching up now and I have up dated my album with a few pictures...
I will be getting a touch-up this Wednesday after a 10 week stretch... This was the longest stretch I have ever done... I must say that it went very well... I only had a few times of excessive shedding when I did not moisturize enough... I also kept the breakage down too with CW's and Scurl and Soft & Beautiful Botanicals Moisturizing Braid Spray(this stuff is a miracle product for stretching... when used before applying Scurl and moisturizer, you will not loose on hair)...
I have at least an half inch to almost an inch of new growth in various areas...
When looking back at my other pictures and comparing the length... it looks like I have not gained much... I hope that I am experiencing an extreme case of shrinkage due to the new growth... I will find out soon...
Well, I just wanted to up date...
Next stretch 9 weeks...
Next touch-up July 8th

Doremie13

I ended my 5 month stretch this weekend, and I think I'm almost at APL. Right now, it looks like I'm right there in the back, but my ends are a little thin and I want to even them up a bit; I haven't had a trim since October. I'm excited about the growth I've acheived and about the condition of my hair! It's the longest and healthiest it's ever been!!! :)

senimoni

How are you all measuring, wet, pulled, styled etc? I was going by wet length but I've decided that I want my hair to actually look APL when done and curled so in reality I have to be a good 1.5 inches past apl, so I'm still not there.

Doremie13

senimoni said:
How are you all measuring, wet, pulled, styled etc? I was going by wet length but I've decided that I want my hair to actually look APL when done and curled so in reality I have to be a good 1.5 inches past apl, so I'm still not there.

I agree with you, especially since I like long layers in my hair. I was measuring dry, straight hair. I think I've seen people distinguish between stretched/unstretched or with/without shrinkage when referring to length.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I'm happy to say that I achieved APL on 5/12, :woot: , my hair has got much fuller and I'm just happy w/ the overall health of my hair. All I can say is 2 things, thank God, and BSL here I come. :grin: inshaAllaah.

*Frisky*

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I'm happy to say that I achieved APL on 5/12, :woot: , my hair has got much fuller and I'm just happy w/ the overall health of my hair. All I can say is 2 things, thank God, and BSL here I come. :grin: inshaAllaah.

That is great!!! You should have no problem reaching BSL by December...

BrwnSugaBabee

Still working on it..I hope to be there by the end of August. I want to have a blunt cut at armpit length..So once I get there i will keep trimming until i grow some of these layers out..then on to BSL woo hooo!:)

RabiaElaine

Congrats to everyone who is on target or has reached it.

I had my sister trim me yesterday because I can't stand my bone straight see through ends (I'm transitioning to texlaxed...3 inches of texlaxed hair so far). Anyway I would say I'm 3-3.5 inches away from my longest layer reaching APL. I'm still striving for it this year. In order to do that I have to make sure I retain just about every inch I grow from now until then. I feel much better about how my ends look after that trim. I'm back to my baggie (right now covering with a dome bun cover).

Anyway hopefully I will make it. Pray for me :).

MiWay

I feel like I've been 3 inches away for the past 2 months. :lol: But in looking at my hair, I know it's grown. I'll have to measure it tonight. I don't think I'll be there by June...maybe August or September.

Doremie13

BeautifulWideEyes said:

Congrats on your milestone!!

I'm on target for July. I got my hair trimmed 2 weeks ago, and I'm probably about an inch or less away. I should reach BSL by the end of the year.

gradygirl

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Congratulations!!!! I hope to be there by fall.
Keep up the good work