Shoulder/Armpit by 2006!!!

jshor09

I want to join. I am currently above shoulder length(had to get rid of some damaged ends. I plan on CW , using olive oil for my ends, and bunning. I am also taking vitamins to help with growth. These include MSM, biotin, panthonenic acid, b complex. I also am drinking more water and will exercise. If only I could put the donuts down(i'm trying sweets are my weakness).

Jackie

Victorian

old head
I'm joining! I started the original Brastrap by 2005 thread while I was still transitioning. Now that I'm fully natural I'm on a new hair growth mission! :)

Current length: varies--bangs come to just below my nose, a bit past shoulder in the back

Previous longest length: with my relaxed ends the back was at brastrap when I did the bc in march

Regimen: Consistency + Simplicity = COMPLICITY :lol: That's the (made-up) word of the year for me...

*con washes every 1 or 2 days. I've been doing this for a while now and my hair loves it. On the downside, I'm going through conditioner at warp speed. As much as I love Elucence and aubrey gpb and such, I'm thinking about stocking up on cheaper (but still good) conditioners...

*low manipulation--no combing or tight ponytails and such. It's all about the curly puffs/wash and go's with scarves

OneInAMillion

I'm joining, this will be my first official challenge! I'm a good 5 inches from armpit length...

How long is your hair now? Currently shoulder length, layers throughout. I measure 17in from hairline to ends.

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? In 2003 I made it about an inch away from armpit length. Color, overprocessing, and a SHS brought me right back to shoulder length

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? I get a Dominican Blowout every 7 days. I rotate between Dudley's Deluxe Shampoo & Cream Protein Conditioner and Nexxus Botanoil & Hummectrus. Always do a deep condition & use leave ins to protect against the blowdryer. For moisture, carrot oil daily, optium oil therapy on occassion. Also, I've been on a strict vitamin regiment of Amino acids, MSM, B-Vitamins, & Pantothenic Acid.

Whatever else you want to add
I might have to add this MTG to the mix...Considering transitioning from relaxed to texturized

auntybe

I Want In!

My Hair Is Chin Length In Front-base Of Neck In Back

My Hair Was Elbow Length When I Was A Child.

I Am Using Elucence Products/wgo/suflur8

Auntybe

phynestone

I'm in!

Currently scraping shoulder-length, w/ some layers throughout my hair. Hair is in a sewn-in weave that I will keep in pretty much all summer. Oiling scalp w/ Frenchee's and Glover's Medicated treatment twice a week. Taking flaxseed, biotin, multivitamin and skin,hair and nails vitamins twice a day. Exercising at least 5 to 6 times a week and increasing water intake. If consistent, I should reach my goal when I graduate (hopefully) in December!

Bmm

How long is your hair now? I havent measured it...But it is a little past ear length.

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? Yes right before I went natural...then when I was getting married I decided to perm hair again so basically I am starting over I guess.

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? I wash every week with kera care, apply kera care humecto to detangle- Then I use Salerm Wheat germ mask to deep con. Wrap with Salerm 21. (When I remember I surge my scalp before wrapping my hair).

I also use Emergencee as a protien treatment.

sweetpeadst

Well I had a sset back I had to cut about an inch all over!!! But it is healthy! I intend on getting twist next week and keeping some type of braids/twist until December!! [url="http://images9.fotki.com/v198/free/b7959/5/584204/2394190/Picture4-vi.jpg?500375"] [/url]
http://public.fotki.com/sweetpeadst04/after_the_mini_chop!!/picture16.html

SO this is where I am as o July 6!!

blessed

Hi everyone,
I just became a member so is it to late to start this challenge. I'm very excited because I've been obeserving the forum for a while and have gain alot of hair knowledge. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful info.

phynestone

blessed said:
Hi everyone,
I just became a member so is it to late to start this challenge. I'm very excited because I've been obeserving the forum for a while and have gain alot of hair knowledge. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful info.

Absolutely not! We're probably going to start another challenge soon for 2007, but it is never too late to jump on board! Has your hair become healthier since you got on this site? I'm sure it has.

blessed

Yes it has. I get so many comments on my hair and its length now. Especially since I started using silicon mix and seda.

sweetpeadst

blessed said:
Hi everyone,
NO its not you can be a member of this thread!! Retaining length is our goal! I started the thread but I have had some set backs so I may not make it myself but it's ok!!

deirja maxine

Count me in!

How long is your hair now? I'm natural and my hair is brushing my shoulders. When stretched, it is past my shoulders. My from is aroun my nose and cheeks when stretched so I would like for it to catch up with the back.

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? No.

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? Coconut oil every evening. I shingle and let airdry every week. To maintain during the week, I plait it at night and take it out everyday.

caramelty

All the ladies that joined this challenge how is it going? I hope everyone is making some progress towards their goal.

Bmm

dont be mad girl I just shouted you out! damn I love your hair. how often do you use MTG?

Spill the regimen :lol:

Samaria

How long is your hair now? Currently pass my shoulder

Have you ever been shoulder/armpit length before? No, I haven't. Well not until now.

What special regimens or treatments are you doing to help you reach your goal? Trying to continue my CW, I am going to begin doing the bun challenge, and keeping my ends sealed and up.

Naijaqueen

caramelty said:
MTG baby....I am about to order 2 more bottles today. my new best friend

dang girl thats crazy growth from last dec!!!!
MTG is whats up, its saved me these past couple months, there's hope for me being armpit length by next summer!!
I'm bout to call to call some horse shops around here to inquire bout my pony :D

andreab

NajiQueen
"inquire bout my pony"

lol you funny. :lol:

Well let me give an update. Take a look at my album before I got the braids I took pictures. Is this considered shoulder length? Does your hair have to be all one length to meet this challenge? I just want to at least make head way and get the back to Armpit Length and let the rest come with it as it may.

I am in braids right now and using Surge twice a day. I hope I make progress. I am not sure if I am going to be able to reach this goal! :confused:

Naijaqueen

andreab said:
NaijaQueen
"inquire bout my pony"

lol you funny. :lol:

Well let me give an update. Take a look at my album before I got the braids I took pictures. Is this considered shoulder length? Does your hair have to be all one length to meet this challenge? I just want to at least make head way and get the back to Armpit Length and let the rest come with it as it may.

I am in braids right now and using Surge twice a day. I hope I make progress. I am not sure if I am going to be able to reach this goal! :confused:

I think the back is past shoulder length! How long u plan on having the braids in for?

andreab

Naijaqueen said:
I think the back is past shoulder length! How long u plan on having the braids in for?

I hope to keep them in for another month. I am thinking I'll take them out the middle of October.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well I hope it's not to late, since waistlength by 2007 is so far away I guess I would join this challenge as an in btwner, LOL, maybe I should be at least APL, if I'm not BSL by Dec. 2006. :)
What is Hair Length: Shoulder length layers,(major shrinkage, 12wks post) Have I ever been shoulder/armpit length before: Yes! APL Most of my life until my last child #3 was born, I began to neglect my hair and give all the time to my children and my husband, so I ended up always needing major cuts.:ohwell:
What are special treatments and regimines that will be use to help in reaching my goal: CW every 4 days, MTGing every other day, keeping ends moisturized and continue to follow my regime w/consistency!!:)