AYURVEDIC POWDER ADVICE + Excerpt from: Cherie Ayurveda Vol: 1

snowbal2200

Ladies beware of Candy C aka Cherie. She ripped me off. She is a crook just like stinastina. I ordered through her myspace page and she never sent the items or responded to my emails. The only time she responded is when I filed a claim with paypal. Unfortunately, paypal could only recover $7.00 of my $47.00 order. She never responded to my emails again. I guess she figured jokes on me. Well, I feel what goes around comes around. I see she stated on her webpage that her store is closed because she is creating a website. I guess she has gotten a taste of how much money she could really get by setting up a website like stinastina did and then rip people off that way. Well, I just want to warn you ladies against Candy C (Cherie). Many people like to prey on us through these hairboards so it is always great to keep each other informed about unscrupulous, predators.

Just wanted to give you ladies a heads up!!!!

Happy growing!

Candy_C

Ladies beware of Candy C aka Cherie. She ripped me off. She is a crook just like stinastina. I ordered through her myspace page and she never sent the items or responded to my emails. The only time she responded is when I filed a claim with paypal. Unfortunately, paypal could only recover $7.00 of my $47.00 order. She never responded to my emails again. I guess she figured jokes on me. Well, I feel what goes around comes around. I see she stated on her webpage that her store is closed because she is creating a website. I guess she has gotten a taste of how much money she could really get by setting up a website like stinastina did and then rip people off that way. Well, I just want to warn you ladies against Candy C (Cherie). Many people like to prey on us through these hairboards so it is always great to keep each other informed about unscrupulous, predators.

Happy growing!

What a rediculous post. Based on crossed wires you intend to sabotage my small home business?

I have no idea who Stincista is, but from the sounds of it i am nothing like them. You experienced a case of crossed wires, Paypals format has changed and it look as though you had recovered ALL of your refund from me EXCEPT the $7. So thankyou for taking a personal matter way out of context; and posting it as public knowledge before reading your mail. I have 100's of customers using my products and this method is TRIED AND TRUE. The old adage what "goes around comes around" is one i truly believe in, but how does it fit with your isolated case? This was MERELEY a misunderstanding.. I do not make "jokes" out of anybody.

Making out like i'm sort of predator, when i give away information for free, hair products for free....psh, i'm absoloutely livid that you would do something so immature like this.

My computer is broken, and you know this, in the email you said "i dont care if your computer is broke" so therefore what am i meant to do as a human being? If you do not care then how are you meant to understand.

Anyway besides the post, i hope all my hair sisters are doing well wth their hair and my techniques i have given over the many years on this board, i havent dissapeared my computer is in a mess and therefore have had to temporarily close shop.

Books are still available periodically via ebay though.

I have some great news too, i am working at a salon now with a stylist, and i am to open up a small office offering hair health services...so i am on my way to getting a store!!!!!! How exciting!

That Black hair and beauty magazine will be out early 2009 :ohwell: The editor choses what she wants at the time and fits with the theme. I recieved an email from her (Irene) saying that i can expect it to be a big article and an interesting read

So, as i know when ONE customer experiences a bad experience/wrong end of the stick incident it can make my whole business look a shambles, but i have had literally a handful or less of less satisfactory experiences which i have always amended. The rest are happy hair growers with photos and ratings of each and every one of my products

2009 is a new year and i have big plans, hopefully commencing with the article (as you can tell i'm sooooooo itching for it to be published i just hope it wont take long)

Take care, and email me

Cherie

Aggie

Happy growing!

I understand that you might feel hurt and it is warranted to feel that way but personally I think this is just wrong. First of all, a post like this should be in the Vendor review forum and second of all, you should not call someone a thief outright like this. There might have been a misunderstanding or miscommunication with your order or it could have gotten lost via shipping. That happens sometimes.

I know I ordered from her a few months back and I received my order and I live in the Bahamas where it is very difficult to get international orders shipped. It took a long while to get here, but I was expecting that especially since it was coming from the UK. Overall, I was pleased with my shopping experience with her.

ETA: Thank you Candy_C for your help and support over the last few months. The valuable info you shared with us about the usage of ayurveda products are very much appreciated. Again, thank you honey.

Last edited:

Lucky's Mom

Happy growing!

I am sorry that you had this expereince, However, I think that Candy has worked very hard to be helpful to so many folks.......That I find it unusual that she would mistreat someone.

Candy,
When I read this - I thought...."Hmmm....This is weird.". and Dismissed it..... So please do not think your business or your goals are jeopardized!!!! You have helped my hair so much.....:yep:

Lucky's Mom

I understand that you might feel hurt and it is warranted to feel that way but personally I think this is just wrong. First of all, a post like this should be in the Vendor review forum and second of all, you should not call someone a thief outright like this. There might have been a misunderstanding or miscommunication with your order or it could have gotten lost via shipping. That happens sometimes.

I know I ordered from her a few months back and I received my order and I live in the Bahamas where it is very difficult to get international orders shipped. It took a long while to get here, but I was expecting that especially since it was coming from the UK. Overall, I was pleased with my shopping experience with her.

ETA: Thank you Candy_C for your help and support over the last few months. The valuable info you shared with us about the usage of ayurveda products are very much appreciated. Again, thank you honey.

Hi Aggie!!!:kiss:

Aggie

Hi Aggie!!!:kiss:

:hiya: SJ. Girl I :missu: and so happy to see you:happydance:. Where have you been girlfriend? Good to see you again.

OT: I have been a little MIA for a while myself, busy with learning new material from my job....very intense and I am so glad that's over now, WHEW:spinning:!!!

Lucky's Mom

:hiya: SJ. Girl I :missu: and so happy to see you:happydance:. Where have you been girlfriend? Good to see you again.

OT: I have been a little MIA for a while myself, busy with learning new material from my job....very intense and I am so glad that's over now, WHEW:spinning:!!!

Girl... School. I will be hanging around here in Dec, and Jan, then - back to schoolwork.

Smooches!!!!!

ETA: is that YOU in that picture???? If it is - you are STUNNING....

Aggie

Girl... School. I will be hanging around here in Dec, and Jan, then - back to schoolwork.

Smooches!!!!!

ETA: is that YOU in that picture???? If it is - you are STUNNING....

Lol, yes girl, that's me and thanks for the compliment. Good luck on your exams.

sunshinelady

Did this ever get resolved? There have been a lot of complaints it seems.

Happy growing!

ladycage

Can you use a moisturizing powder by itself? Or with Amla oil? I have Maka powder and Amla, Vatika oils can I use those for now or do I have to buy the other powders before I can start? Also can you use any moisturizing conditioner to condition the hair when using ayuverda, I have cholestrol or Nexxus Humectress can I use those?

Platinum

Can you use a moisturizing powder by itself? Or with Amla oil? I have Maka powder and Amla, Vatika oils can I use those for now or do I have to buy the other powders before I can start? Also can you use any moisturizing conditioner to condition the hair when using ayuverda, I have cholestrol or Nexxus Humectress can I use those?

You can use moisturizing powders by themselves. The only powders I wouldn't recommend using by themselves are Shikakai and Aritha (They strip the hair that's why it's important to use them with moisturizing powders). Since you're just starting out with this, I suggest you try a recipe posted by LongHairDontCare.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=228123

You can tweak it to your liking. However, I would suggest using a few teaspoons of your favorite powder with your moisturizing condish. Use enough condish for one use. Mix condish, powder, oil, and a few drops of Essential oil (Peppermint, Rosemary, etc) in a bowl.

Don't forget to read all Ayurvedic threads before beginning an Ayurvedic regimen. There's alot of good information and you can avoid setbacks. Hope this helps.

Aggie

ladycage - I would check the ingredients list for the protein content on the cholesterol you have and if it is too high up the list, say in the first 5 ingredients, then I'd say it has too much protein in it and would cause more damage than good. Some cholesterols are very moisturizing nad others have more protein in them.

I believe that some of the ladies here indicated that Lekair Cholesterol would be considered more of a protein conditioner than a moisturizing one. But if you use it, pay close attention to how your hair feels afterwards. If it's hard and stiff almost, then that means the conditioner you're using has too much protein in it. I use the Lustrasilk Shea Butter with mango cholesterol as a moisturizing conditioner with no problems at all.

flowinlocks

Hey, how often are you ladies doing cowashes with the powders mixed in your cond.? I'm doing 2 times a week, is it ok to do more????

Platinum

Hey, how often are you ladies doing cowashes with the powders mixed in your cond.? I'm doing 2 times a week, is it ok to do more????

Flow, I've been doing it almost everyday now and I haven't had any problems. As a matter of fact, I believe LongHairDontCare still does it 5-6 times a week as well.

Aggie

Flow, I've been doing it almost everyday now and I haven't had any problems. As a matter of fact, I believe LongHairDontCare still does it 5-6 times a week as well.

I totally agree. This co-wash is very gentle flowinlocks because of the conditioners and oils.

flowinlocks

I totally agree. This co-wash is very gentle flowinlocks because of the conditioners and oils.

Thanks Aggie!!! Actually I'm not using this cowash, I have been doing Alma,Bhrami, & Bhringhaj mixed in with Suave cond., but thanks to you and a few others I now add Fenugreek, Nettle, & Horsetail to this mixture, I have been doing this for a few weeks, & I don't know if it's my imagination, but not only is my hair thriving, but it seems to be growing much faster. I also have a mixture of these powders in an oil I infused.

Noir

I personally do not do not do the powder co wash, I prefer to use them in the traditional way but many of the ladies do and have reported great results with it.

Maka (Bhringaraj) powder and Amla and vatika oils are all moisturizing so you do not need to worry about about mixing them with other herbs. They are all fine to use on their own. Cleansing herbs such as Shikakai, Aritha and Haritaki can have a drying effect so it is better to pair those with conditioning herbs such as Brahmi, Bhringaraj, Hisbiscus... Also some people find that Amla powder (not the oil) can be slightly drying which I have found to be true also. Amla is highly acidic (one of the highest sources of vit c) so be cautious if you plan to use Alma powder on its own or the popular Shikakai + Amla mix. Make sure that your hair is saturated with oils prior to the paste/tea rinse (oil head bath/pre-poo) first and DC with a moisturing condish after.

HTH

hurricane

Hurricane!!!! Where ya been? I'm glad to hear that you're still doing Ayurveda.

Hey Platinum girl. Ike threw us for a loop but everything is okay. Yes, I am still doing the ayurveda. I love it. I'm thinking about getting braids and wear them for about four weeks. I think I will try samanthajones steam technique when I get braids. Keep in touch.

Shout out to Candy C. By the way, I had no problems recieving anything from her. Sorry to hear that others did.

Platinum

I had a homemade oil similiar to yours, Flow but my hubby threw it out.:sad: I'm guessing he must have taken a sip because I had just infused it and pour it into a glass. I was planning on using it for scalp massages. What are you using your oil for?

flowinlocks

I had a homemade oil similiar to yours, Flow but my hubby threw it out.:sad: I'm guessing he must have taken a sip because I had just infused it and pour it into a glass. I was planning on using it for scalp massages. What are you using your oil for?

Pretty much the same thing, scalp massages, to keep my hair lubed up, and basically just to keep these herbs in my hair even when I don't cowash.