BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

NGraceO

Love the edges but I want to see that bun!! I need bunning 101 over here

These are for you!! Plus, I just wanted to share:) :grin:

The first one is today's bun on my Creta girl Wig, and the second are diff buns I've done on a kinky straight quick weave I made. I am LOVING wigging so far!! Waist length (ultimate goal) HERE I COME!! :spinning:

NGraceO

Attachments

• image-2210080366.jpg
    image-2210080366.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3680941482.jpg
    image-3680941482.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 79

naturalagain2

NGraceO that looks good girl!

I just bought a wig that I plan to wear when I'm into my stretch it's a tammy wig. I tried it on the other night it looks like my braid out hair. I can't wait to try it.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Checking in! Been wearing a ponytail lately and I've been swangin' it! I want to go to the beauty school on Saturday and get my $12 roller set. I hope inflation hasn't hit them yet! I will try to give my hair some love (DC and tea rinse) on Friday night. Sounds like a good hair weekend to me!

Girl your hair grows super fast!! I feel like my hair hasn't moved an inch since last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
According to my new bra (that I love by the way) bsl is 3-4 inches away. I know I can get there this year, but it probably wont be until the fall. My wig regimen starts today. Since im mainly a stay at home mom I only need to wear the wig on weekends when I leave the house. While im at home I will just wear my cornrows and make sure my moisture protein levels are on point

SincerelyBeautiful

Just finished cowashing with Pantene Naturals Cowash Conditioner and I incorporated the LOC method by using water from rinsing, squeezing excess water with Grapeseed oil, and applying my creamy leave in last. My hair feels really good right now. I'm leaving it down in a wng for now because I'm loving my texlaxed strands and the natural waves I have.

PureSilver

I washed today with cheapie VO5 revitalizing shampoo, blackberry sage (hated it). applied DE Vitamin Restore Treatment followed by Porosity Control Conditioner....that i liked. I'll be 8 weeks post tomorrow and i really don't like handling my hair at this point. I need to weave it up because i have another 19 weeks to go before i relax.

Tonto

Starting pic, long overdue. Reached BSL and trimmed my hair, now back to this.
I'm aiming for MBL 2014 :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 114

jprayze

Girl your hair grows super fast!! I feel like my hair hasn't moved an inch since last summer. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The one thing I consistently used last year was the liquid gold sulfur based oil on my scalp. I follow then on FB and even won a free bottle. I feel like I've really hit a growth spurt and I recovered from that cut last year. My hair has thickened up and I didn't think that was possible for to thicken up. I also take MSM when I remember. I say sulfur in and out :)

Last year when I cut/trimmed/dusted, I always did it on a good hair based on the morrocco method. Call me superstitious but I don't want to cut on the days that prevent growth. Those are days that are good to wax, shave, thread etc. Ironically I was going to get my hair done on my birthday and planned to trim and hadn't checked the calendar. The weather was bad, so I didn't go, I went the next day AND then checked the calendar. My birthday was prevent growth day but the next day promoted growth, so glad I waisted. I will be trimming again on the Spring Solstice, supposedly this is the best day for trimming in the entire year.

Looking back over time, I don't think my progress was fast. It took me a little over 3 yrs to get from NL to BSL.

image-2323135631.jpg

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Starting pic, long overdue. Reached BSL and trimmed my hair, now back to this. I'm aiming for MBL 2014 :grin:

You're still BSL so you must have been knocking on MBL door before you trimmed!!! I love your hair!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
The one thing I consistently used last year was the liquid gold sulfur based oil on my scalp. I follow then on FB and even won a free bottle. I feel like I've really hit a growth spurt and I recovered from that cut last year. My hair has thickened up and I didn't think that was possible for to thicken up. I also take MSM when I remember. I say sulfur in and out :) Last year when I cut/trimmed/dusted, I always did it on a good hair based on the morrocco method. Call me superstitious but I don't want to cut on the days that prevent growth. Those are days that are good to wax, shave, thread etc. Ironically I was going to get my hair done on my birthday and planned to trim and hadn't checked the calendar. The weather was bad, so I didn't go, I went the next day AND then checked the calendar. My birthday was prevent growth day but the next day promoted growth, so glad I waisted. I will be trimming again on the Spring Solstice, supposedly this is the best day for trimming in the entire year. Looking back over time, I don't think my progress was fast. It took me a little over 3 yrs to get from NL to BSL.

I had started trimming on the Moroccan calendar after reading your post on it, then I stopped. I do believe my hair flourished then as well. When is the Spring Solace? I had the calendar but now I can't find it. Also, I was specifically speaking of your growth since you had to cut last year. After your cut, my hair was longer than yours and now you've shot passed me, lol! Good job....I'm off to get some MSM. I can't do sulfur on my head, that stuff makes everything smell like wet matched, EWWW!

jprayze

Best Days for Beneficial Haircutting in 2014

March 19-20 — Spring Equinox — are the best dates to cut for spring and the ultimate dates for shaving one's head.
June 21-22-23 — Summer Solstice — are the best dates to cut for summer.
September 26-27-28 — Fall Equinox — are the best dates to cut for fall.
December 17-18-19 — Winter Solstice — are the best dates to cut for winter.

www.morroccomethod.com

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Best Days for Beneficial Haircutting in 2014 March 19-20 — Spring Equinox — are the best dates to cut for spring and the ultimate dates for shaving one's head. June 21-22-23 — Summer Solstice — are the best dates to cut for summer. September 26-27-28 — Fall Equinox — are the best dates to cut for fall. December 17-18-19 — Winter Solstice — are the best dates to cut for winter. www.morroccomethod.com

Thank youjprayze! I'm going to trim during the Spring Equinox.

Guinan

Re-Branding
DCing, shampooing and blow drying today!! I might flat iron today or wait until tomorrow. I need to buy a new blow dry comb attachment and a new hair bonnet. I think I might stop by Sally's today.

I REALLY need to re-focus and get back on track on my hair reggie. I have been slacking. I'm kinda afraid to flat iron my hair b/c I am afraid of what damage I have accumulated. When I was sick, I did not wear my hair bonnet and I have stopped inverting and taking my biotin. IDK why I've kinda been lack lustered with my hair. I have hairboredom.

I NEED to STAY focus on the prize:party:

lamaria211

I've been DCing on dry hair with Bee mine DC all night. When I get home I'm going wash with SM moisture retention poo and do a rinse out condish with mizani thermasmooth. Add my leave ins Chi keratin mist + NTM silk touch. Seal with Children SI then air dry in a low bun.

MrsTimberlake

Best Days for Beneficial Haircutting in 2014 March 19-20 — Spring Equinox — are the best dates to cut for spring and the ultimate dates for shaving one's head. June 21-22-23 — Summer Solstice — are the best dates to cut for summer. September 26-27-28 — Fall Equinox — are the best dates to cut for fall. December 17-18-19 — Winter Solstice — are the best dates to cut for winter. www.morroccomethod.com

Thank you for posting this. I was going to cut about an inch next month but now I will wait until March.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

jennwantslonghurr

Dear Coconut Oil,
I'm writing you to apologize for my past actions. You see until recently I always thought of you as the f-in devil. But, since I have been cleared a bill of hair health, it seems as though I can tolerate you in moderation. All along I blamed you for the destruction of my mane, my crown, when the real culprit is no other then your close ally Aloe Vera. I hope in time we will be able to establish a closer relationship.

Yours Truly,
Jenn

Ps. I still have my eye on you.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^^^ :lol: jennwantslonghurr

I lurve coconut oil. :lick: Matter of fact I'm dcing with a little bit of Hairveda Vatika Frosting over Silk Dreams Mocha Silk Infusion for an added protein boost.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Finally finished straightening my hair. I am happy with last year's growth. Attached are my 2013/2014 end of year comparisons.

I trimmed about 1/2 inch to 1inch total. I also re-cut my bangs (I LOVE page boy bangs). I think I might be grazing BSL. But I'm def cool with that.

I am really going to enjoy my hair while its straight b/c I don't plan on using direct heat for a while.

I used a new heat protectant. I finally tried the CHI Flat iron guard. I've had that for almost 2yrs and never tried it. I like it. I used the iron guard prior to blowdrying and prior to flat ironing.

Attachments

• 2014 hair 2.jpg
    2014 hair 2.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 2014 compar.jpg
    2014 compar.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 130

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@pellohello your hair looks great as usual! Nice and thick. It has definitely grown. I like how nice and even it is too.

jprayze

pelohello awesome year! Awesome hair!

Pics of my roller set from yesterday. I'm really happy with how full and thick my hair is becoming. I'm thinking I'm going to do roller sets once a week for the next month.

image-947725732.jpg

jennwantslonghurr

Adding you pelohello to my hair crush list. Your hair is where my hair wants to be immeeeediatlyyyyyy! But I'll try to have some pa...pa...patience and hope for the end of the year. Maybe?
Texlaxed and coarse and beautiful hair :)

Guinan

Re-Branding
Enjoying my straight hair. I have it in a pony and I can't stop swanging it:) I'm having a hard time setting it at night time. The back of my hair is fine it's just that my bangs are not setting well. I think I'm going to try using bobby pins on them.