2016 Bsl/mbl Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
How's your xcel21 progress? I only use it twice a week, but want to up it. In 13 weeks I've gotten 1.75" of growth. Normally I get 0.5" monthly, so it's a little boost considering it's only 2x weekly.
I am getting over 1/2 inch a month with it. I did a 3 week progress pic last month and a 4 week progress pic yesterday. My faster growing left side went from 13 inches to 15 inches in 7 weeks. I haven't measured the right side. I guess my next set of progress pics should be on that side.

Daina

Hi Ladies, here is my end of year update. I have learned so much in the year since I stopped lurking and joined the site. My hair is stronger and healthier and I've stopped bad habits like dominican blow-outs!:badidea: I still have a ways to go to reach my ultimate goals but I am so grateful and thankful God has blessed my journey thus far. Happy New Year Ladies!

First pic is 12/15 and 2nd pic is from this morning.

Attachments

• 2016-03-31 18.39.31.jpg
    2016-03-31 18.39.31.jpg
    852.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20161231_074258.jpg
    20161231_074258.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
Hi Ladies, here is my end of year update. I have learned so much in the year since I stopped lurking and joined the site. My hair is so stronger and healthier and I've stopped bad habits like dominican blow-outs!:badidea: I still have a ways to go to reach my ultimate goals but I am so grateful and thankful God has blessed my journey thus far. Happy New Year Ladies!

First pic is 12/15 and 2nd pic is from this morning.

Nice job Daina! Your hair does look noticeably healthier than your starter. Keep it up and thanks for the extra confidence booster. I think I'm about where you started, so I may be able to surpass BSL and obtain MBL next year. Especially since I won't be relying on the salons to trim my hair anymore!

I'll be posting my starter tonight, so I'll have a better clue where I stand... Edit: will be posting in the 2017 BSL/MBL challenge, not here. :look:

Last edited:

Daina

Nice job Daina! Your hair does look noticeably healthier than your starter. Keep it up and thanks for the extra confidence booster. I think I'm about where you started, so I may be able to surpass BSL and obtain MBL next year. Especially since I won't be relying on the salons to trim my hair anymore!

I'll be posting my starter tonight, so I'll have a better clue where I stand... Edit: will be posting in the 2017 BSL/MBL challenge, not here. :look:

@SweetestChick, thank you! I was very fortunate this past year. You can definitely make MBL next year! I was APL with unhealthy hair this time last year. Even small changes can make a big difference. Still have my eye on that split-ender also.