Bun challenge for one year - End result (pics)

Jewell

Beautiful progress! BTW, I have that same hair clip shown in your pics. I love it too. I also bought a black one.

czyfaith77

Great job! I am currently bunning after some braids and you are a great inspiration. Do you CW? Since it is summer, I do put leave in, Sta SOft fro, and Vaseline in and wrap Saran Wrap around the ponytail, tie the loose ends, and put a bun cover (faux bun) and pin in place. I will think of you on those days when I don't want to bun. :lol: Thanks again.

Last edited:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
czyfaith77 said:
Great job! I am currently bunning after some braids and yu are a great inspiration. Do you CW? Since it is summer, I do put leave in, Sta SOft fro, and Vaseline in and wrap Saran Wrap around the ponytail, tie the loose ends, and put a bun cover (faux bun) and pin in place. I will think of you on those days when I don't want to bun. :lol: Thanks again.

Well as of the last month or so I've been washing or rinsing my hair daily. Sometimes I CW, sometimes I use a poo and others I just use water. Depends on how I feel. :)

I was doing the same thing as you except I used a baggie, olive and castor oils. I lost my faux bun in my move into my new house. Thats the reason I fell off the baggie challenge. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;) )

czyfaith77

simplycee said:
Well as of the last month or so I've been washing or rinsing my hair daily. Sometimes I CW, sometimes I use a poo and others I just use water. Depends on how I feel. :)

I was doing the same thing as you except I used a baggie, olive and castor oils. I lost my faux bun in my move into my new house. Thats the reason I fell off the baggie challenge. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;) )

Were the castor and olive oils better on your hair? Another thing I was using poo daily and I changed . Now, I use poo about every two-three days. But I CW daily.

Last edited:

cminter

Girl, your hair is beautiful. Congrats on the progress you made, and it has not even been a full year.

genesis

Seeing your hair really gives me the inspiration to keep bunning it. I fell off the bandwagon for awhile b/c I felt like I looked like an old lady, I got bored with the same look everyday. But, your pictures prove that a little sacrifice reaps tremendous rewards. Thanks for the update.

SouthernGirl

WOW, your hair is AWESOME Simplycee
:dance7:

I can't believe how much it's grown in one year!!!!! I haven't stalked your album in a while, but I'll be stalking it from now on!

You should be our FOTM!!!

SG

shoelover1972

genesis said:
Seeing your hair really gives me the inspiration to keep bunning it. I fell off the bandwagon for awhile b/c I felt like I looked like an old lady, I got bored with the same look everyday. But, your pictures prove that a little sacrifice reaps tremendous rewards. Thanks for the update.

Congrats Simplycee your hair is so gorgeous & thick :clap:
Like genesis I feel really frumpy wearing a bun but when I see progress like yours it gives me motivation to swallow my vanity & bun it. I'm actually wearing a bun as we speak!!!!

levette

Very nice pics and congrat's on your progress. I have just started back with my bun regime. I am praying that I can stick with this.