Buy Nothing til Jan 09 Challenge!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm serious too :grin:! Stock up now :blush:! The challenge starts on 10-1-08 and ends on 12-31-08. You get three free passes. You can use the passes if you totally run out of something and you can't find anything in your household to replace it. You can also use a pass for what you feel is a sale you can't miss. A once in a lifetime or rare opportunity.

As people join I will add your name to this original post. I will also keep track of passes in this post. I want us to be supportive and help people problem solve if we can.

I plan to reward myself with a table top hair steamer at the end of the challenge. What about you?

Challenge Members:
Shay72 (3/3)
JessCNU (1/3)
KPH (1/3)
missconstrue
dcprdiva
mango387
loulou82 (3/3)
LivinLaughinLovin
Oneya
Belle Creole
Krazyncute0188
nubiangoddess3
achangedlife
Shana (1/3)
runrunrunner
Nubianqt
monamia
jrae
oneamifan
dinaaike
ajacks (3/3)
glamchick84 (1/3)
almondjoi85
hairdrama
flowinlocks (2/3)
monieluv
xstacy2
msdevo (1/3)
redecouverte
tada1
tiffupretty
Butterfly08 (3/3)
seximami (3/3)

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm out of control and I need to keep myself in check. That's why I started this. My BF has already said I'm out of control and I've only been at this a month! I refuse to disclose how much I've spent and I still plan to buy more before 10-1 to help me "get through". I decided to stage my own intervention.

JustKiya

:nono: *hides* *flees in terror*

:lachen:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo not gon be able to do it. Though, I should. But the amount I would spend 'stocking up'? :nono: Christmas would come early and twice. :lol:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
:nono: *hides* *flees in terror*

:lachen:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo not gon be able to do it. Though, I should. But the amount I would spend 'stocking up'? :nono: Christmas would come early and twice. :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:!

Since I just started and got stuff on the way and will still get more it shouldn't set me back much more.

JessCNU

I'm in the same boat your in. I just started and I have A LOT of stuff and more on the way too.... I hear the voice in my head.... " Step away from amazon,roundbrush.com....." I need to chill out and use what I've got lol :naughty:

MizzBrown

Now this is crazy! Its getting out of hand. NO ONE can pass this challenge.

Not possible. And Xmas is coming up too? All those xmas sales you have to miss out on and you can't even buy a bobby pin?

You know how much stuff is scheduled to be released in the next three months?

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Ya'll are funny :lachen:! I thought about the upcoming sales and all of that but the fact that I have spent so much money in the last month--this has got to stop :wallbash:! I know ya'll have 50 times more than me and you gonna need more in the next 3 months??? Be honest! Don't think I won't be buying stuff in the next few weeks. And I buy a minimum of two of everything and usually in the economy size. My list:

bobby pins
ponytail holders
almond glaze (hairveda)
hydromist (hairveda)
green tea hair butter (hairveda)

I may think of more. Maybe I should check in with ya'll to make sure I have enough to get me through ;)!

tallygirl

Lawd Hammercy!!!! My nerves ain't that strong, and there ain't enough nerve pills out there to get me through 'til January; so, I'll have to pass on this challenge...:lachen::lachen:
Good Luck, Ya'll!

KPH

House Head
I'M IN, need to pick up a relaxer and some hair clips. I got plenty of junk at home to use and I'm ashamed everytime I open my cabinet.

Mandy4610

Oh good lawd!!!!
I could never do this even though I really should.
I failed the one month miserably and I would be lying to myself if I even tried to join this.
You guys are tough.
My heart could not handle the stress!!!
My brain probably could though, but I will pass
:blush:Two weeks at a time is more like it for me:look:

ResultsMayVary

I am down! I had a personal challenge to not buy anything until I used up what I already have so this will work ... Let me just go stock up on conditioners ... :grin:

dcprdiva

Add me on the list. I just stocked up so I should be good! I'm going to reward myself with a MAXIGLIDE (if I decide to go back to heat after my no heat challenge!)

mango387

I'm serious too :grin:! Stock up now :blush:! The challenge starts on 10-1-08 and ends on 12-31-08. You get three free passes. You can use the passes if you totally run out of something and you can't find anything in your household to replace it. You can also use a pass for what you feel is a sale you can't miss. A once in a lifetime or rare opportunity.

As people join I will add your name to this original post. I will also keep track of passes in this post. I want us to be supportive and help people problem solve if we can.

I plan to reward myself with a table top hair steamer at the end of the challenge. What about you?

Challenge Members:
Shay72
JessCNU
KPH
missconstrue

Please add me to the list. I'll probably buy a tub of Humecto and a bottle of Aura Cacia Sweet Almond oil when I get paid on the 30th. That will be it for me.

Last edited: