Let's Get it Crackin'! MID-BACK 2009 Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leona2025

Hey ladies here's just a small update. I think I am getting close MBL. How many inches do you think I have to go?

leona2025

Am I really:blush:? I don't think I know what mbl is. I had to run and look in the mirror. It doesn't look like other peoples mbl:look:.

Aggie

Am I really:blush:? I don't think I know what mbl is. I had to run and look in the mirror. It doesn't look like other peoples mbl:look:.

Trust us leona, you are MBL, you should be entering the waist length challenge right about now honey.

Black Hoya Chick

I want in! even though BSL is more realistic...oh well lol :lachen:

starting pic

I am mostly cowashing. i shampoo every 3rd wash (every 9 days) and deep condition after. bunning my life away 99% of the time

audacity.

the simple answer is 2-3 inches below the bra strap, but MBL is probably THE most subjective length goals...for some it actually IS BSL but for others is is below it...

your start pic is lovely! welcome to the challenge!

Sign me up, please!! :grin:

(where is mbl anyhow??:rolleyes:)

here's the pic

JaszG

I posted this in the Keep It Simple 2009 challenge thread as well, but here is my regimen and my pic. The starting pic is actually from July. My hair has evened out alot since the starting pic. I'll have an updated pic hopefully soon. I have to get my camera back from my aunt. :)

My Regimen:

Shampoo: 2 weeks after a relaxer, after that once every week.
Product: Design Essentials Moisture Retention Conditioning Shampoo

Deep Conditioning: 2 weeks after a relaxer, after that once every week.
Product: Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner

Regular/Leave-In Conditioning: I probably won't use regular conditioner except for as a detangler if needed during washing. As far as leave ins, I'll use them on wash days, and a few times throughout the week
Product: Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner (detangling conditioner) Design Essentials HCO Leave In Conditioner, ULI Leave On Conditioner

Drying Method: I am retiring my comb out blow dryer! I will be roller setting in 2009.
Product: Gold N' Hot hard bonnet dryer.

Moisturizer: I have yet to find a great one, but I will be moistuizing daily with the one I have. :(
Product: Cantu moisturizer

Oiling: I decided not to go outrageous with the oiling. I might try some of the Indian oils later on.
Product: Design Essentials Silk Essentials (used daily..LOVE this), Wild Growth Oil (used after every roller set)

Styling: I am going to try a lot of different things throughout the year. Roller setting, braid outs, twist outs, buns, and of course straight.
Product: Headbands, & clips.

Relaxing: Ok, so I REFUSE to try and relax my own hair. I will be paying $55 for every relaxer I get this year. I will relax every 3 months or less depending on the amount of growth, but no later than 3 months because my hair will begin to shed!
Product: Design Essentials relaxer

Starting Pic:

laCriolla

You should have NO problem making MBL (probably by Jan 1, 2009). :grin: You are reeeeeeally really close if not there already. :yep:

thank you! i don't know about jan 1. i'm really due for a trim- it's been 8 months or so. but alright. i'm inspired to keep up the healthy hair practices. :yep:

the simple answer is 2-3 inches below the bra strap, but MBL is probably THE most subjective length goals...for some it actually IS BSL but for others is is below it...

your start pic is lovely! welcome to the challenge!

2-3 inches! thanks for the info and welcome! i've been wondering for awhile where mbl is, since waist is about bellybutton level

oh and you're great for starting this!

laCriolla

Here's my starting pic from about 2 weeks ago:

your hair is so pretty! and the color is really nice and healthy looking too!

Thanks:grin:. I joined the waist length challenge, but I'm scared I won't make it.:perplexed

congratulations! you joined the mbl 09 challenge and completed your goal a full year ahead of schedule! :trophy:
fierce! hurry and join the mbl 08 challenge because you made it, too! LOL :yay:

audacity.

BEAUTIFUL...you are probably already at your goal :yep:

I posted this in the Keep It Simple 2009 challenge thread as well, but here is my regimen and my pic. The starting pic is actually from July. My hair has evened out alot since the starting pic. I'll have an updated pic hopefully soon. I have to get my camera back from my aunt. :)

My Regimen:

Shampoo: 2 weeks after a relaxer, after that once every week.
Product: Design Essentials Moisture Retention Conditioning Shampoo

Deep Conditioning: 2 weeks after a relaxer, after that once every week.
Product: Stimulations Super Moisturizing Conditioner

Regular/Leave-In Conditioning: I probably won't use regular conditioner except for as a detangler if needed during washing. As far as leave ins, I'll use them on wash days, and a few times throughout the week
Product: Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner (detangling conditioner) Design Essentials HCO Leave In Conditioner, ULI Leave On Conditioner

Drying Method: I am retiring my comb out blow dryer! I will be roller setting in 2009.
Product: Gold N' Hot hard bonnet dryer.

Moisturizer: I have yet to find a great one, but I will be moistuizing daily with the one I have. :(
Product: Cantu moisturizer

Oiling: I decided not to go outrageous with the oiling. I might try some of the Indian oils later on.
Product: Design Essentials Silk Essentials (used daily..LOVE this), Wild Growth Oil (used after every roller set)

Styling: I am going to try a lot of different things throughout the year. Roller setting, braid outs, twist outs, buns, and of course straight.
Product: Headbands, & clips.

Relaxing: Ok, so I REFUSE to try and relax my own hair. I will be paying $55 for every relaxer I get this year. I will relax every 3 months or less depending on the amount of growth, but no later than 3 months because my hair will begin to shed!
Product: Design Essentials relaxer

Starting Pic:

JaszG

BEAUTIFUL...you are probably already at your goal :yep:

Almost, but not yet!! lol. I'll have an update in January after my next relaxer :) I've decided to try deep conditioning my hair overnight everyday this week since I don't have school. I did the Aphogee 2min reconstructor on Friday night, and since then I have deep conditioned twice. I've seen a MAJOR reduction in shedding. I'm so GLAD!!!

audacity.

Almost, but not yet!! lol. I'll have an update in January after my next relaxer :) I've decided to try deep conditioning my hair overnight everyday this week since I don't have school. I did the Aphogee 2min reconstructor on Friday night, and since then I have deep conditioned twice. I've seen a MAJOR reduction in shedding. I'm so GLAD!!!

I'm gonna have to give that ApHogee 2 Min Recon a try...it sounds like pretty good stuff!

Dee Raven

Here's my starting picture. I'd say I'm about an inch from BSL and need about 3 -4 inches to get to MBL. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• beginning pic 12.11.08.jpg
    beginning pic 12.11.08.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.