Can I have long hair (wl+)?

Subscribe

If all I do is moisturize and seal? I ask because that seems like the only regi YouTubers and some other online guru's talk about the most. I also see them giving tutorials on protective styles.

Do they not take a boat load of vitamins?

Do they not oil with sulphur concoctions?

Do they not take MSM internally?

Do you think growth and retention can be obtained with m/s only? Do you think the quality of hair is determined by what we take internally making it easier to retain?

[USER=395359 said:
Subscribe[/USER];18935535]Has anyone only used the m/s method and achieved wl hair?

I'm not sure about WL but I believe a few have reached BSL without taking supplements, using sulfur, etc. But there are very few women who can get to BSL or WL and keep it without some form of protective styling.

I think most people who get to the longer lengths do so by finding a regimen that works for them, staying consistent and protective styling.

If you don't have a consistent regimen, all of the vitamins and sulfur in the world will probably not get you there unless you have an exception head of hair.

IMO, moisturizing and PS seems to be the base of retaining hair. Everything else appears to be extra.

Couldn't have said it better. The women in my family on mom's side have long hair (SL-TBL). The only protective thing they do is tie up their hair in a scarf at night. Moisture, oil/grease, and a clean scalp encourages growth is what I was taught.

I had WL hair without doing anything. I wore it loose daily, I was very overweight, I'd eat whatever whenever and had a terrible lifestyle as far as health and wellness. However I didn't manipulate the hair much and out of laziness I didn't relax it very often either (about every 3 or 4 months) so maybe that helped.

(Bad screenies from a video is all I have showing the length. I used to hide from the camera so I don't have many pictures.)
Untitled.2.jpg

I personally think that hair that isn't breaking off is hair that will reach long lengths. Vitamins and growth aids are great but they aren't necessarily going to prevent breakage. Do evaluate your strands...the finer or more delicate they are, the more maintenance and mindfulness they might need to not break. And go from there, unless there's a health issue, hair is always growing...more than growth aids we need to be patient and give it the time.

Amarilles, I see you have hair-anorexia. That looks longer than WL to me, :look:. I'm sure you'll be back there in no time. I agree, low-manipulation prevents breakage and increases retention.

Yes, I believe that WL+ is possible with moisturizing and sealing. I reached that goal without taking vitamins, and MSM and using sulfur. It is only now as I am trying to reach HL that I have been taking vitamins and using sulfur. But I do think low-manipulation/protective styling is key as well.

Back