Can I see some natural 4a pics please

czyfaith77

Here's my nape after a honey/ evoo/ something I can't remember DC, with shrinkage.

What color is this?

glamazon386

I am still trying to figure out my hair type. I "think" I'm a mix of a bunch of different textures. All doing their own thing at different times :grin:

Anyone care to tell me what I really am, since I'm obviously confused :rolleyes:

wet

damp

damp

dry

Your hair looks like mine. 4a. :yep:

Cassandra1975

I'm not sure what I am, either. These pics are from 2006:

Out of the shower, still pretty wet

Left front - this is air dried but probably still a little damp.

Right front

Right rear

Left rear

I wish all my hair coiled like it does in the back. When it's wet it clumps up so nicely. That front won't even get wavy without some type of product. I don't know if this was because of how I was taking care of my hair, or if it's just like that. We'll see how it looks when it gets back to that length.

curlyj

can't post but there are some old pics in my fotki....

password is mister, I think...Its been a while

Soliel185

I think I am a 4a. Avatar = damp, siggy = dry

I've noticed that even among the " 4a" hair type the curls are the same size, but some ladies have hair that "hangs" and some don't. For instance, my hair doesn't hang at ALL no matter the length unless it's braided/twisted. Does this have to do with shrinkage - some have more than others(?) - or does it have to do with hair coarseness?

loulou82

I think I am a 4a. Avatar = damp, siggy = dry

I've noticed that even among the " 4a" hair type the curls are the same size, but some ladies have hair that "hangs" and some don't. For instance, my hair doesn't hang at ALL no matter the length unless it's braided/twisted. Does this have to do with shrinkage - some have more than others(?) - or does it have to do with hair coarseness?

I've noticed that too. The hair that I've BC'd hangs somewhat but it's also fine and medium density (I still consider it coarse though).

Maybe dense/thick hair takes more manipulation to hang.

MonPetite

I've noticed that too. The hair that I've BC'd hangs somewhat but it's also fine and medium density (I still consider it coarse though).

Maybe dense/thick hair takes more manipulation to hang.

My hair is thick in strand and density and it "hangs". Even at 4" I can tell it will grow out a bit but mainly down. I'll be updating in another month or so and the difference will be quite noticeable.

Ms_Twana

I'm predominately 4a

Cheleigh...I've ALWAYS loved your coils!!!! They're sooo beautiful!!!!

I wanna know to. I've always just assumed only 3's had hair that hang. Mines doesn't and that SUCKS!!!

I'm 4a, btw. And my album is in my siggy. Password is softhair.