cassia obovata support thread AKA neutral henna

girlcherokee

oh and i prepood with my oil conconction that i think we talked about also earlier in this thread. left it in overnight and then shampooed with a mild shampoo before putting this on air dried hair - only air dried because i had to run out to the store before i put the cassia in. i left the cassia in for 2hrs(forgot to set the timer for 1hr)

vkb247

I use a glass jar to infuse my oil. I had a jar of Spectrum Coconut Oil that I wanted to use for oil rinsing so I warmed up some water in a pot and placed the jar in it. When the coconut oil liquified I added sesame oil, avocado oil, and some fresh rosemary branches. I warmed it over low heat until the oil inside was warm ( I have a gas stove and I left the lid on the bottle unless checking the temperature) and then I removed the glass from the pot and put it in the windowsill to soak in the sun for a few days (only because I wasn't planning on using it right away) I just removed the rosemary before using it. It took away the red color that I got from relaxing. I put some more rosemary in the water in the pot and steep that on a low heat then let it sit until it cools and I use that tea in other mixes.

I am going to do this today and mix the tea in some "neutral henna" I got from Mountain Rose Herbs. I don't have fenugreek so I will mix in some pure aloe vera gel for slip, and a little neem oil. I will rinse it out and follow it with my rosemary infused oil. Oil rinses are the key to proper moisture balance for me.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

hi, all :bookworm:

i'm avid about getting my hair thick and long again, so i am subscribing to this thread.

i purchased cassia and indigo from kt botanicals...they seem legit with the right forms of the herbs at a great price, so they should come in next week, i think Ike is no longer hindering shipments, i got a ton of my orders in yesterday and today yippee!

my hair has looked like yours, cherokia, in the past, i had mad damage and breakage, but i was also a victim of alopecia. i am transitioning 9 mos and my hair is coming along nicely. it is currently bsl, but not as thick as i'd like. to look at me from the front is grand, just don't check me from the back :blush:...i'm using growth aids on my nape and the mid section of my hair where i had a lot of breakage.

i've been using henna with amla, brahmi and maka mixed with elasta qp con and cnut oil and amla oil as a dc, and yes my curly hair looks gawjus but i'd like it more relaxed for my straight styles, so i may part with my precious amla for a while...i love it curly in ponies, but not so much for other styles. i must say that i can see and feel my hair thickening and i've only been doing this ayurvedic thing for about 3 mos.

thanks jamaara for your tips! sareca, justkiya and aggie, too!

i'm looking forward to great results and am hoping my hair will look like angeldolls by december....

let's keep in touch and share our reggies and progress...

AngelDoll

i'm looking forward to great results and am hoping my hair will look like angeldolls by december....

Thank you!!! You made my day :yep:. I pray that you have great results with Ayurveda. I love it and the products are working wonders on my hair. I will use Ayurveda for life.

Good luck and happy hair growing.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

well, ladies (i'm not using caps bcs my keyboard is wet) i went to salon for a flatiron...and...
i got 3 inches cut!!! no i didn't expect it, but it did make my hair look and feel better....i still have a couple of broken hairs, can't find where they are coming from, but my hair feels great...not as silky as usual, but straight nonetheless...i'm an ayurvedie for life!

thanks for the blessings, angeldoll, i pray the same for you, too!

girlcherokee

I use a glass jar to infuse my oil. I had a jar of Spectrum Coconut Oil that I wanted to use for oil rinsing so I warmed up some water in a pot and placed the jar in it. When the coconut oil liquified I added sesame oil, avocado oil, and some fresh rosemary branches. I warmed it over low heat until the oil inside was warm ( I have a gas stove and I left the lid on the bottle unless checking the temperature) and then I removed the glass from the pot and put it in the windowsill to soak in the sun for a few days (only because I wasn't planning on using it right away) I just removed the rosemary before using it. It took away the red color that I got from relaxing. I put some more rosemary in the water in the pot and steep that on a low heat then let it sit until it cools and I use that tea in other mixes.

I am going to do this today and mix the tea in some "neutral henna" I got from Mountain Rose Herbs. I don't have fenugreek so I will mix in some pure aloe vera gel for slip, and a little neem oil. I will rinse it out and follow it with my rosemary infused oil. Oil rinses are the key to proper moisture balance for me.

how was the neautral henna? is it cassia?
i will try the rosemary with coconut. tried it with other oils and i did not like it.

girlcherokee

i'm avid about getting my hair thick and long again, so i am subscribing to this thread.

i purchased cassia and indigo from kt botanicals...they seem legit with the right forms of the herbs at a great price, so they should come in next week, i think Ike is no longer hindering shipments, i got a ton of my orders in yesterday and today yippee!

my hair has looked like yours, cherokia, in the past, i had mad damage and breakage, but i was also a victim of alopecia. i am transitioning 9 mos and my hair is coming along nicely. it is currently bsl, but not as thick as i'd like. to look at me from the front is grand, just don't check me from the back :blush:...i'm using growth aids on my nape and the mid section of my hair where i had a lot of breakage.

i've been using henna with amla, brahmi and maka mixed with elasta qp con and cnut oil and amla oil as a dc, and yes my curly hair looks gawjus but i'd like it more relaxed for my straight styles, so i may part with my precious amla for a while...i love it curly in ponies, but not so much for other styles. i must say that i can see and feel my hair thickening and i've only been doing this ayurvedic thing for about 3 mos.

bronzed,
i cant wait to see what my hair looks like in 3mths. i do think i feel a difference in strength and thickness. i just look at angeldolls and sigh.
today - i am doing another cassia treatment, but this time i did the fenugreek a bit differently. i made a tea of it, let it steep for a bit, then heated it again, and pours the water into a mix of cassia, maka, brahmi,castor oil. trader joes conditioner and ors replenishing and then let it sit for about an hour. then slathered it in. i'm shocked at how differently the paste feels. curious to see the difference one it washed out. still wondering how to work protein into this though. i will report back on how this feels once washed out.

girlcherokee

well, ladies (i'm not using caps bcs my keyboard is wet) i went to salon for a flatiron...and...
i got 3 inches cut!!! no i didn't expect it, but it did make my hair look and feel better....i still have a couple of broken hairs, can't find where they are coming from, but my hair feels great...not as silky as usual, but straight nonetheless...i'm an ayurvedie for life!

thanks for the blessings, angeldoll, i pray the same for you, too!
so you gave into the temptation eh?:yep:
i holding myself back from the scissors i got say. dont you love it how, stylist take a bit more than they say they will? i bet your hair grows beautifully now though!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

so you gave into the temptation eh?:yep:
i holding myself back from the scissors i got say. dont you love it how, stylist take a bit more than they say they will? i bet your hair grows beautifully now though!

thanks Cherokia-Rose, they always, always do! then they make you feel badly when you jump up and ask how much are you cutting? like i'm just supposed to trust them with scissors in my hair...i've lived too long for that!

i am optimistic my hair will grow really well, now...no thin ends to get tangled and such..i joined the hide your hair challenge, so i'm trying to come up with some low maintenance styles to get me through so i don't destroy the progress of 3 inches cut to get healthy ends, ya know?

i think with the cassia, it serves as a type of protein, so i don't think you'll need to add protein right away...just watch and see if your hair feels stronger before you add additional protein...protein overload has set me back in the past and i'd hate for it to happen to you. the same goes for henna, it acts as a protein treatment. maybe some of the other ladies who are more experienced can chime in here.

i know you'll find your right mix...and you will be amazed!

Aggie

You're quite welcomed Bl~ss~dBr*nzeB*mbsh~ll:grin::yep:.

Aggie

Thank you!!! You made my day :yep:. I pray that you have great results with Ayurveda. I love it and the products are working wonders on my hair. I will use Ayurveda for life.

Good luck and happy hair growing.

My my my AngelDoll, your hair sure is your crowning glory and growing like weed. Congrats honey on your successful progress so far and keep it up.

girlcherokee

aggie,
i just looked at your fokti! wow! i think i could spend the rest of the evening in there. i have to try that fenugreek tea rinse. i have some left over from my cassia treatment today. think i will do it before my next co wash!!

selly707

Ok, ladies, I'm a newbie so I'm gonna need you guys to help me out on this one :notworthy. I've been lurking around :sekret: old threads on henna and cassia and I wanna give it a try because of the benefits. Based on my research :user: and my hair needs, I think I know what I want to add to my henna mix. But reading through this thread I noticed that some people add alma to their henna (I'm a lil confused as to whether this is done with an oil or powder) which enhances the curl some which I'm interested in :). Could anyone tell me a lil more about that process? Do you have to use the oil or the powder for this effect?

Also, I have jet black hair... cassia won't change the color of jet black hair will it?

Aggie

aggie,
i just looked at your fokti! wow! i think i could spend the rest of the evening in there. i have to try that fenugreek tea rinse. i have some left over from my cassia treatment today. think i will do it before my next co wash!!

Hi Cherokia-Rose, I'm sorry that I'm just responding to this, I totally missed this post and I am so sorry honey but thank you for the compliment on the fotki. I have been working pretty hard trying to keep it up to date. I think it's time to take my September update pic now come to think about it, but I'll do do that at the end of the month after I take down these cornrows.

Yeah that fenugreek tea rinse is really really great and adds sooooo much slip, it's amazing:lick:. I am using it as my base for quite a bit of my ayurveda mixes, even my henna mixes now and as a final rinse for that extra slip. My henna mixes goes on a whole lot smoother now and my hair overall tirns out pretty soft and strong all at the same time. It's a keeper for me for sure:yep:.

You have a wonderful and blesed day.

Aggie

Ok, ladies, I'm a newbie so I'm gonna need you guys to help me out on this one :notworthy. I've been lurking around :sekret: old threads on henna and cassia and I wanna give it a try because of the benefits. Based on my research :user: and my hair needs, I think I know what I want to add to my henna mix. But reading through this thread I noticed that some people add alma to their henna (I'm a lil confused as to whether this is done with an oil or powder) which enhances the curl some which I'm interested in :). Could anyone tell me a lil more about that process? Do you have to use the oil or the powder for this effect?

Also, I have jet black hair... cassia won't change the color of jet black hair will it?

Hi selly707, I think you might want to send jamaraa a pm with this question. She has a lot of experience in the use of cassia and she's the only one I can think of that may be able to offer you an accurate response on this, okay?

God bless.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

okay, urgent,
is cassia obovata and senna auriculata the same...?? i ordered from kt botanticals, it reads henna neutral powder, online it says it is the same as cassia, but i want to make sure.... i need to dc my hair in 15 minutes and i want to use this now....can someone get back to me stat!?

girlcherokee

Bronzed,
one of the more knowledgable ladies here would be better to reply, but i do think i remember reading that another name for cassia was senna but please wait for one of their responses.
found this online:
Noun 1. Senna auriculata - evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning; sometimes placed in genus Cassia
avaram, Cassia auriculata, tanner's cassia
senna - any of various plants of the genus Senna having pinnately compound leaves and showy usually yellow flowers; many are used medicinally

girlcherokee

Hi Cherokia-Rose, I'm sorry that I'm just responding to this, I totally missed this post and I am so sorry honey but thank you for the compliment on the fotki. I have been working pretty hard trying to keep it up to date. I think it's time to take my September update pic now come to think about it, but I'll do do that at the end of the month after I take down these cornrows.

Yeah that fenugreek tea rinse is really really great and adds sooooo much slip, it's amazing:lick:. I am using it as my base for quite a bit of my ayurveda mixes, even my henna mixes now and as a final rinse for that extra slip. My henna mixes goes on a whole lot smoother now and my hair overall tirns out pretty soft and strong all at the same time. It's a keeper for me for sure:yep:.

You have a wonderful and blesed day.

Aggie,
you are so right about the fenugreek mixing wonderfully with these mixes. it's a definate staple of mine! cant wait to see your sept update!

girlcherokee

(I'm a lil confused as to whether this is done with an oil or powder) which enhances the curl some which I'm interested in . Could anyone tell me a lil more about that process? Do you have to use the oil or the powder for this effect?
i would be interested in the anwer to this as well. i made some amla oil and i do think i see more curl pattern when i use it, my hair looks thicker and way closer to texlaxed, less so than with the powder, but i do believe that i noticed a difference and now use my multi herb mix for prepoos and not the amla oil.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

i would be interested in the anwer to this as well. i made some amla oil and i do think i see more curl pattern when i use it, my hair looks thicker and way closer to texlaxed, less so than with the powder, but i do believe that i noticed a difference and now use my multi herb mix for prepoos and not the amla oil.

my curls pop when i use amla as a powder in my pastes or when i use it as an ingredient in my tea rinses...your curls will be more defined, my curls have definitely become more pronounced. i don't feel that the oil produces the same curling effect as the powder. i use the oil almost daily. HTH!

AngelDoll

My my my AngelDoll, your hair sure is your crowning glory and growing like weed. Congrats honey on your successful progress so far and keep it up.

Thanks Aggie, I give you part credit for my success with ayurveda (I can't mention everyone who helped and encouraged me, for fear that I may leave someone out). You did an awesome job in your fotki with recipes and instructions.

I wish you continued success!!!

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
B U M P I N G....I would like to buy this before I begin my "Buy Nothing Challenge". Anyone would like to add pointers or tips to a first timer?

Urban

I love cassia. I've done one treatment and could feel the difference as I was starting to rinse off the paste. My hair felt thicker right away. And after my hair tried, it became so shiny!

On a lot of boards I'd read that your hair can feel a bit dry/ rough afterwards. I definately experienced this, but it wares off after cple of days. A moisturizing treatment afterwards helps some, but not completely. Just thought I'd put that out there for those who might like to know.

Cassia is well worth it. I'll be doing them regularly when I'm out of braids. I'm considering doing cassia tea rinses while in braids. Been doing shikakai and amla tea rinses, they're working really well for me ...Anyone ever done a cassia tea rinse?

Nice & Wavy

I love cassia. I've done one treatment and could feel the difference as I was starting to rinse off the paste. My hair felt thicker right away. And after my hair tried, it became so shiny!

On a lot of boards I'd read that your hair can feel a bit dry/ rough afterwards. I definately experienced this, but it wares off after cple of days. A moisturizing treatment afterwards helps some, but not completely. Just thought I'd put that out there for those who might like to know.

Cassia is well worth it. I'll be doing them regularly when I'm out of braids. I'm considering doing cassia tea rinses while in braids. Been doing shikakai and amla tea rinses, they're working really well for me ...Anyone ever done a cassia tea rinse?

Thanks for this post. I don't experience the dry/roughness with my hair at all after using it...maybe because I use my shampoo bar afterwards instead of just a conditioner....then, I use a moisturizing conditioner and deep condition. Hair is lush, moist and soft...always.

Aggie

Thanks for this post. I don't experience the dry/roughness with my hair at all after using it...maybe because I use my shampoo bar afterwards instead of just a conditioner....then, I use a moisturizing conditioner and deep condition. Hair is lush, moist and soft...always.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice & Wavy. I MISS YOU SWEETIE!!! WHERE YOU BEEN?

Urban

Hmm... maybe that's the difference... I didn't use any short of shampoo or shampoo bar afterwards ... just cholesterol with heat. I'll definitely try shampooing next time.