*~*CASTOR OIL CHALLENGE 2012*~*

Meadow

Still in the challenge. Oiled scalp and massaged yesterday. I reduced the application to twice a week. I'm hanging in there!

Aggie

Still in the challenge. Oiled scalp and massaged yesterday. I reduced the application to twice a week. I'm hanging in there!

This is the most I can commit to as well. MY scalp does not really like anything on it for too long. I get the itchies like you wouldn't believe. I have to know that I know that I know that I will be washing my hair the very next day before I put anything on my scalp:nono:.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I've been using the Wild Growth oil Light which has castor oil in it and wasn't sure if that was okay or not so I haven't been posting. But i oil with my castor/apricot oil combo today.

GIJane

I am going to sit under a steamer with AVJ, castor oil, and brahmi oil. After I rinse out seal my ends with the castor oil.

Aggie

After DCing today, I used KeraCare leave-in conditioner, sealed with JBCO and O&O Argan Oil. My hair smells truly divine and feels amazingly soft:lick:

faithVA

But I think the ladies were right about sealing with straight castor oil. I have tried it on my twists and I like the results. I am wet bunning right now and I applied it to my ends before putting the bun up. Hopefully it will act well. It looks like I will be bunning it this week so I definitely will know if this works.

TruMe

Now that I have determined a good amount of the castor oil to use, I like using it mixed with coconut oil to seal. I also know that I cannot apply ANY oil to my crown area as it gets pretty irritated with it. I don't think I am seeing any more thickness to the areas that I was hoping to fill in using castor oil. Oh well. Still hanging in there though.

faithVA

Oiled my scalp and edges with my coffee castor oil mix this morning. I need to seal my ends but I didn't feel like it :nono: They are tucked away in a twisted bun right now.

gvin89

I'm hanging in there...staying in twists. I'm attending a wedding this weekend so I'm trying to figure out how to style my hair. Life got a little busy and I haven't been as diligent with my regimen, but I'm getting back to normal.

greenandchic

Oiled my scalp with my castor oil mix last night:

Castor oil
Rosemary EO
Basil EO
Lemon EO

I had the case of the itchies and this helped a lot...

faithVA

Oiled my scalp with coffee castor oil blend and gave myself a quick, brisk scalp massage. Sitting under my heating cap for 20 minutes. (My version of a HOT). Will then cowash with Nature's Gate Chamomile Conditioner.

kupenda

So sorry I haven't been here. Still using my beloved castor oil though. Mostly on my length because it was making me itchy for a little while. I will however massage with it tonight and tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

TruMe

I don't think it's allergies but more of sensitivity issues because no matter what the oil is, if I rub it on my crown, I itch non-stop. Everywhere else I am fine.

faithVA

Made up a new batch of a castor oil blend: castor oil, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, flax seed oil, coconut oil and sunflower oil. Need to add some EOs to it and I'm done.

Bublin

Ladies if you are itching quite alot using the Castor Oil i would recommend you mix it 50/50 with another oil ie Almond, Grapeseed or Jojoba. It is sensitivity, not necessarily an allergic reaction.

faithVA

Ladies if you are itching quite alot using the Castor Oil i would recommend you mix it 50/50 with another oil ie Almond, Grapeseed or Jojoba. It is sensitivity, not necessarily an allergic reaction.

I mixed my castor oil with various oils. I found that my crown still itched. But after using it for a few weeks, my crown no longer itches. So if you are willing you may want to try it for a few weeks and see if the itching dissipates.

honeybearmommy32

I'm currently using groganics dht blocker medigro Ice Oil ingredients Olive , mineral, sweet almond, castor, grapeseed, nettle leaf, saw palmetto, menthol, vitamin E & A.

ForumRunner_20120303_003527.jpg

On my sides & hair line at night under a satin bonnet & by morning I've scratched the bonnet right off.

I thought the itching meant its growing.

GIJane

I have diluted castor oil in all of my hair products. My hair actually likes it even though I have fine strands. I am still using my castor oil mix on my scalp twice a week. And sealing my ends with castor oil every other day.

Tibbar

I've been applying JBCO along my hairline at least 3 - 4 times per week. Sometimes I mix it with aloe vera gel, sometimes I use it straight. I also apply Bee Mine hair growth (mango) serum several times per week. Last week I noticed that the "baby hair" along my hairline has gotten longer and I am also growing hair further down on my forehead than I ever did before. I am attaching two photos, one from early November and the other one from late February. I am going to start applying the castor oil and Bee Mine to my whole scalp and just continue to monitor the results.

November:

February:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Been slipping on this challenges, well all of the my challenges, but jumping back in. Just appplied JBCO/KBBHJ oil to scalp and hair