Ceramides: My tesitmony and the evolution of my bun (Pics)

Carrie A

Well I added hempseed oil to my arsenal and in one week I've noticed smoother hair with significantly less tangling. In the morning I spritz with plain water then add 1 teaspoon of oil to each of 4 sections, and braid into a bun (because of Winter dryness I went back to bunning). At night I moisturize the ends with a moisturizer. So usually after I pre- poo with a light conditioner, I apply my beloved Knot Today detangler, finger detangle and then comb under the shower. Well today I didn't need the Knot Today. I hardly needed to finger detangle! I went through my hair in 1/3 of the usual time.

Now in the past I've bunned, moisturized, pre-pooed etc, but I've always had detangling issues. I've been using lighter weight products to detangle which helps, but this hemp oil has just taken my hair to another level. I'll have to see if the results are consistent or whether this was beginner's luck, but for now I'm keeping ceramides.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Well I added hempseed oil to my arsenal and in one week I've noticed smoother hair with significantly less tangling. In the morning I spritz with plain water then add 1 teaspoon of oil to each of 4 sections, and braid into a bun (because of Winter dryness I went back to bunning). At night I moisturize the ends with a moisturizer. So usually after I pre- poo with a light conditioner, I apply my beloved Knot Today detangler, finger detangle and then comb under the shower. Well today I didn't need the Knot Today. I hardly needed to finger detangle! I went through my hair in 1/3 of the usual time.

Now in the past I've bunned, moisturized, pre-pooed etc, but I've always had detangling issues. I've been using lighter weight products to detangle which helps, but this hemp oil has just taken my hair to another level. I'll have to see if the results are consistent or whether this was beginner's luck, but for now I'm keeping ceramides.

Your results sound awesome :yep: Hemp oil is a great detangler for me also. I hope ceramides continue to work for you.

Wildkat08

Hey ladies... is ANYONE noticing extra thickness with ceramides? The whole reason I read this entire thread was b/c I thought OP's gorgeous buns were the result of added thickness, but then somewhere in here she said it wasn't it was stretched length :(... really aiming for thickness; its really my main issue.

BTW...OP did I miss your bun tutorial? Did you ever do one?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Hey ladies... is ANYONE noticing extra thickness with ceramides? The whole reason I read this entire thread was b/c I thought OP's gorgeous buns were the result of added thickness, but then somewhere in here she said it wasn't it was stretched length :(... really aiming for thickness; its really my main issue.

BTW...OP did I miss your bun tutorial? Did you ever do one?

Henna is a great way to thicken hair. I didn't do one, but its a regular donut bun w/o the stuffing. There are lots of great tuts on YT :yep:.

sj73

I was already sold on the ceramides. I seal with wheat germ oil daily and I also added it to my daughters' braid spray.

tapioca_pudding

Just wanted to say that I've been using Hemp Seed oil on my new growth and its AMAZING how much more manageable it is. It lays down so well when I put it in a bun, it's super soft. I get less knots and tangles. Usually after I work out, trying to put my hair in a bun for work is a STRUGGLE. But now it's super easy, I just brush it back and it lays there. I'm sold.. :)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Just wanted to say that I've been using Hemp Seed oil on my new growth and its AMAZING how much more manageable it is. It lays down so well when I put it in a bun, it's super soft. I get less knots and tangles. Usually after I work out, trying to put my hair in a bun for work is a STRUGGLE. But now it's super easy, I just brush it back and it lays there. I'm sold.. :)

I'm so happy to hear that tapioca! Funny you should post this, just today I was remembering how much I love hemp oil, I was on a rice bran binge last couple of months. I actually got some more today, bringing it back into my rotation :yep:

Curlykale

This thread is my favourite thread from 2010, it has changed my life! I remember I trimmed 3 times because of single strand knots last year, until I found ceramides.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
This thread is my favourite thread from 2010, it has changed my life! I remember I trimmed 3 times because of single strand knots last year, until I found ceramides.

Thanks ciccina :) I'm so glad you found this helpful :yep: That's how I feel; ceramides changed my life! I have different hair now. Now that you mention it, it has been a minute since I noticed SSK myself.

Curlykale

LOL SSK! I still have those little evils, but now it seems like a "normal" rate: at least they don't come out in groups of a billion in 3 minutes making any detangling or style impossible and forcing me to cut half a inch every 15 days, crying and becoming hysterical ;-)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
LOL SSK! I still have those little evils, but now it seems like a "normal" rate: at least they don't come out in groups of a billion in 3 minutes making any detangling or style impossible and forcing me to cut half a inch every 15 days, crying and becoming hysterical ;-)

LOL @ a billion in 3 minutes...I wasn't getting that many :lol: but they were quite a few. I figured since I'm relaxed I should be hardly getting any. I'm glad we both found a solution :grin:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Amazing! I'll have to add more ceramides to my regimen. Thanks so much for sharing your progress.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
fletgee ceramides all types of hair can benefit from ceramides. They naturally occur in the hair and are depleted over time due to the evironment, heat, chemicals and manipulation.

starchgirl

@fleetgee - I have been using ceramides in my natural 4A/4B hair since January of this year as a part of my regimen. A ceramide oil combined with aloe vera juice are my staples for keeping my hair moisturized and easier to detangle and style. I have used sunflower and safflower oils in my prepoo, added to my KCKT to detangle, added to my co-wash, added to my DCs, added to my KT leave-in and spritz. Love ceramides!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Thank you so much whiteoleander91 you have beautiful hair yourself :yep: I love my hemp oil so much, I cannot picture my life without it. You should try ceramide oils on your skin too, I mix a little hemp oil into my body lotion, makes my skin so soft :yep:

Curlykale

I love this thread and ceramides have made a big difference in my haircare and skincare regimen. I add sunflower or hemp oil to my mixes, butters, conditoners...