Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

NJoy

Here I grow again!
The cleaning crew left hella water on my bathroom floor so when I got off of work at 5am and had to go potty I walked in there with my work shoes on instead of my shower flippy floppies and went head first into the wall and then the floor.

A few seconds later I woke up with my unicorn horn :(

Ow!!! That sounds horrible. So sorry that happened and I hope that noogie goes down quickly. There should be some heads rolling for that one.

BostonMaria

Mz.MoMo5235 said:
I think I just might do that.

A bit OT, I got a concussion today. The front of my head is on swoll like I'm a freakin unicorn! I HATE MY LIFE!!! Lmao

Oh no! Sorry to hear that MoMo

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

WyrdWay

Mz.MoMo5235 said:
The cleaning crew left hella water on my bathroom floor so when I got off of work at 5am and had to go potty I walked in there with my work shoes on instead of my shower flippy floppies and went head first into the wall and then the floor.

A few seconds later I woke up with my unicorn horn :(

I hope you heal up fast, and don't have any lasting effects! I like the idea Brg249 mentioned the the post above me, I'd quote it but I can't get muliti quote with my phone :(

Mz.MoMo5235

Thanks guys. I'm working on getting better. My head is still mad about the fall and my tummy has been hurting for the last two weeks but I'm sure I'll be fine.

As for tricking my hair into not knowing its in India. My hair KNOWS we are not in Arizona any more lol! No tricking this girl. Four more months and I'll be back in the good ol' US.

Mz.MoMo5235

GOOD GOD THERE IS A JESUS!!!!

We found a group of African students here who will braid hair for Rs 600!! That's like $12 USD!!! They already did one ladies hair for Rs 600 and that was with fake hair. I'm just going to have them do some box braids on my natural hair and call it a day. I dont feel like trying to find some fake hair longer than my real hair out here lol. I will just stay braided til America!

Vintagecoilylocks

GOOD GOD THERE IS A JESUS!!!!

We found a group of African students here who will braid hair for Rs 600!! That's like $12 USD!!! They already did one ladies hair for Rs 600 and that was with fake hair. I'm just going to have them do some box braids on my natural hair and call it a day. I dont feel like trying to find some fake hair longer than my real hair out here lol. I will just stay braided til America!

So sad to hear the trials you have had to go through:bighug:. Soon you will be home. It sounds like you have naturally moist hair that agreed with Arizona and the humidity in India justs is too much. I experienced moisture over load when I was in the Phillipines during rainy season. Made my hair worst than ever to manage. Had to do a complete product change.

Good luck with the braids hope they help. But watch them carefully to make sure they don't mat with all the moist in the air. :yep:

C:grin:ongrats on the weight loss if that is what you wanted.

Lita

Thanks guys. I'm working on getting better. My head is still mad about the fall and my tummy has been hurting for the last two weeks but I'm sure I'll be fine.

As for tricking my hair into not knowing its in India. My hair KNOWS we are not in Arizona any more lol! No tricking this girl. Four more months and I'll be back in the good ol' US.

Mz.MoMo5235 Hope you have a speedy recovery & feel better...
4 months will go by fast...

Happy Hair Growing!

Mz.MoMo5235

So sad to hear the trials you have had to go through:bighug:. Soon you will be home. It sounds like you have naturally moist hair that agreed with Arizona and the humidity in India justs is too much. I experienced moisture over load when I was in the Phillipines during rainy season. Made my hair worst than ever to manage. Had to do a complete product change.

Good luck with the braids hope they help. But watch them carefully to make sure they don't mat with all the moist in the air. :yep:

C:grin:ongrats on the weight loss if that is what you wanted.

I have no clue what my hairs issue is here in India. My hair does great when I'm in NY or FL when its humid so I thought my hair would flourish here. But maybe my hair just prefers the dry air of AZ. I know my scalp does. My scalp is a hot mess since I've been here.

And yes, I actually wanted to weight loss lol Thank you for the congrats. I would like to lose 15lbs before I get home but I doubt that in four months. I am worried that I will gain it all back once I get home though. Being here has been a lifestyle change food and portion wise. Just not sure if I can keep it going when I get around Burger Kings :(

Mz.MoMo5235

Mz.MoMo5235 Hope you have a speedy recovery & feel better...
4 months will go by fast...

Happy Hair Growing!

If the last four months are anything like the first four months then I have three lifetimes to go still lmao :lachen: I dont like to say it but I truly hate it here. More of the situation rather than the place. I just think our company did us foul while out here and totally ruined why I came. So instead I'm trying to just focus on what I can make happen while here, enjoy the country and culture more, and forget about the lame work they have us doing here.

And my unicorn horn has started to blend with the rest of my forehead. Its not so obvious any more at most angles lol. But I still have a scrape and bruise at the direct impact point lol :lachen:

Mz.MoMo5235

My hair is finally back on track... I had to give up and go back to cones. My hair feels sooo much better and stopped breaking off.

Time for recovery mode. Will do a quick trim this weekend and keep this bad boy hidden away til I'm back in the states. I've got less than 120 days left :D

Lucia

This thread is really quiet. Is everyone on spring break?

faithVA Spring break..lol...

My hair is coming along/trying to thicken up my ends..The roots are doing very well..

Happy Hair Growing!

Like Lita, I've been working on thickening up my ends too and it's working, I'm still holding at MBL the ends are thicker actually my hair's thicker overall, the scalp massages with ayurvedic oils is the stuff, my guesstimate 2 more inches and I'll be grazing WL, 3 inches for me to officially claim that.

Last edited:

Dee Raven

Me three. I'm working on getting nice thick ends. But I did decide last week that I'm going to go ahead and purchase some clip ins to get that nice thick blunt look. Also, I'm working on have some relatively quick, cute, natural styles for day to day.

Candy828

Hello All - I am sorry I have been away for so long. I had health and personal issues to tend to. Anyway - I am doing well and am still in the long hair game. I don't know how long my hair is currently because I have been co-washing and wearing wet buns for a year. The last time my hair was down I was brushing classic. But I did cut an inch or so off before I started wearing wet buns. I don't know when I'll wear it straight again. But when I do I will take pictures. I do know that my hair is much thicker and fuller. I still have fine hair; its just that I have a lot of it.

I am glad to be back with my friends that love long hair! :yep:

Vintagecoilylocks

Hello All - I am sorry I have been away for so long. I had health and personal issues to tend to. Anyway - I am doing well and am still in the long hair game. I don't know how long my hair is currently because I have been co-washing and wearing wet buns for a year. The last time my hair was down I was brushing classic. But I did cut an inch or so off before I started wearing wet buns. I don't know when I'll wear it straight again. But when I do I will take pictures. I do know that my hair is much thicker and fuller. I still have fine hair; its just that I have a lot of it.

I am glad to be back with my friends that love long hair! :yep:

Nice to have you back. :yep: You have been missed. We have a Classic length for 2013 thread around some where. I have to find it and post the link.

Jewell

Wow, I had no idea there was a mid-thigh length thread even on this site. That's my next big goal after classic. I RARELY see Black women push%ng for and achieving that kind of length on loose hair (locs dont count in my book...anybody can grow long locs-all they are is accumulated, styled shed hair, lol). Oo good to see this thread getting some albeit rare, action. I mostly lurk on Long Hair Community because that's mostly where the super long hair growing people congregate. Oan they use sulfur and miconazole nitrate over there too. It aint just us Black folks tryna grow faster and longer! :)

SmilingElephant

Threads like this make me think twice about stopping at Hip.

I just think Classic would be too much for me. I have been thinking about TBL tho. Idk, I'll see when i get to WL. Lol

luckiestdestiny

I'm thinking on it myself. I will stop at whatever length before I look like cousin it. If I can manage classic or mid thigh without looking like cousin it then I'm going for it.

my original projection was WL (already made it just haven't updated my pics) then Hip (almost just cut so I have a couple inches) then TBL

now I'm thinking what about classic or even ....gasp mid thigh. Do I dare?

I'm going to go for it and only stop if it looks like too much for my frame.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
It's good to see this kind of thread here. We too can grow hair past our butts!

Jewell I haven't been over to LHC in a long time but yes I've seen some of the women from there on YouTube and they are using everything we use here on this forum to get longer hair - all the oils and the concoctions.

I think I'm going to stop at hip though and even that I pause to reconsider at times but we'll see. The hair journey continues ...