Clients of Reniece & Co...

LivingDoll

If you are a weave client, what brand/kind of hair do you use for your installs?

Does this hair shed or tangle?

Do you seal your wefts prior to the install?

How long has this hair lasted you? How many installs have you used it for?

Does she cut the wefts or fold and sew? (This may have a bearing on how much $$ I spend on the hair...)

She may be opening her book soon and if I can get an appt, I think I'm going to get a weave for a few months to gain a few effortless inches...:grin:

TIA! Sorry for all the questions, but I always make poor hair choices...I don't want to waste my money this time.

Last edited:

kweenameena

If you are a weave client, what brand/kind of hair do you use for your installs?
Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture

Minimal Shedding and barely any tangling

Nope

2 years +

Does she cut the wefts or fold and sew? (This may have a bearing on how much $$ I spend on the hair...)
Fold and sew...she rarely cuts unless she has to

She may be opening her book soon and if I can get an appt, I think I'm going to get a weave for a few months to gain a few effortless inches...:grin:
Go for it!!

TIA! Sorry for all the questions, but I always make poor hair choices...I don't want to waste my money this time.

LivingDoll

I"m not a client but my sister is...I'll forward your questions to her and post ASAP.

Thanks a million...i'll be waiting. :lol:

I'd love to get an appointment (with her or her sister)

There are tons of us waiting for the email...their books are supposed to open soon. :yep:

Minimal Shedding and barely any tangling

Nope

2 years +

Fold and sew...she rarely cuts unless she has to

Go for it!!

@kweenameena...thanks for the info. I have been looking at EP hair...it's soooo expensive! BUT...it lasts a looooong time so it's worth it. :yep: I want a full weave, so I would have to buy a closure too...not looking forward to the initial investment but at least I'll only have to make it once.

Does EPRT have any natural wave to it? I want some hair that I won't have to flatiron and curl all the time...it would be nice to do a WnG sometimes...maybe along the lines of indian hair?

Last edited:

kweenameena

Thanks a million...i'll be waiting. :lol:

There are tons of us waiting for the email...their books are supposed to open soon. :yep:

@kweenameena...thanks for the info. I have been looking at EP hair...it's soooo expensive! BUT...it lasts a looooong time so it's worth it. :yep: I want a full weave, so I would have to buy a closure too...not looking forward to the initial investment but at least I'll only have to make it once.

Does EPRT have any natural wave to it? I want some hair that I won't have to flatiron and curl all the time...it would be nice to do a WnG sometimes...maybe along the lines of indian hair?

I prefer a closure so I have one.
But you could always have her leave a tad bit of your hair out.
The EPRT doesn't have really have a natural wave...more like a natural kinky straight thing going on and it swells when went. It's not really gonna give you a wash and go look.
You could try the EP Zig Zag line (curly, wavy, permed) for hair that will straighten but also do a nice wash and go).

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
The EPRT doesn't have really have a natural wave...more like a natural kinky straight thing going on and it swells when went. It's not really gonna give you a wash and go look.
You could try the EP Zig Zag line (curly, wavy, permed) for hair that will straighten but also do a nice wash and go).
kweenameena I have a question for you. How many packs of eprt did you buy for one install?
I see the packs are 2oz a piece and normally i do 8oz plus i wanted to do an install. I know its an investment but damnnnnnnn.......
Thinking about wagmans or hair from kinkycurlyyaki.

Jasmataz

Halley's Curls Salon Relaxed. I plan on using Extensions Plus for my next install.

Moderate shedding and very little tangling.

No

If I take really good care of it, it can last me 2-3 installs.

For me, she usually cuts. I think she does this based on the type of hair you're using and the type of style you want.

She may be opening her book soon and if I can get an appt, I think I'm going to get a weave for a few months to gain a few effortless inches...

You'll love it. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :grin:.

Xfactor81

Hello, long time lurker here :wave:
No and no
I don’t think I did. The structure of EP wefts is different, sturdier. It’s hard to explain but it’s kinda like they are folded over and sewn differently than regular BSS hair.
I have used it about 4 or 5 times. It pays for itself really after a few installs. BSS hair has gotten more expensive over the years and it’s not reusable. Also the relaxed texture is a really good match for my hair.
When I was getting it done by her, she cut the wefts and she would suggest keeping them in order when you take them out. Like one time I went to her or Breon for a take down and install and she just kept the tracks in order as she took them out, put a rubber band around them, washed and conditioned.

FYI I haven’t been in a while but I too hope to start going back to her soon since she was hands down the best beautician I’ve ever had.

I hope that helps. :wink2:

gabulldawg

I would like to keep an eye on this thread. I am getting a sew in this week (not with Reneice), but I would like to follow her regimen to gain growth and minimize breakage.

LivingDoll

kweenameena, I was looking at the EP Zig Zag Line when I went to their site. I think I'm just cheap. :lol: Thanks for the info on the EPRT. It really clears things up for me.

@kweenameena I have a question for you. How many packs of eprt did you buy for one install?
I see the packs are 2oz a piece and normally i do 8oz plus i wanted to do an install. I know its an investment but damnnnnnnn.......

cinnespice, WOW...I didn't realize the EP packs are only 2 oz a piece! :blush: I'm was looking at Kinkycurlyyaki today as well...the Light Yaki that everyone at BHM raves about is sold out. I also looked at indianhair.net, their prices are soooo good but I know they get mixed reviews.

Last edited:

LivingDoll

Halley's Curls Salon Relaxed. I plan on using Extensions Plus for my next install.

Moderate shedding and very little tangling.

No

If I take really good care of it, it can last me 2-3 installs.

For me, she usually cuts. I think she does this based on the type of hair you're using and the type of style you want.

You'll love it. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask :grin:.

@JasmineLatice...thanks! I had Halley's Curls Gentle Wave Relaxed for my last install (not with Reniece) and I hated it! It was thick, stiff, dull looking and it would not hold a curl. It was horrible. I bought it during a sale...BHM says that's when they get rid of their bad batches. :lachen:That's probably true. :yep: It really ruined me for Halley's Curls hair...I'm scared to try anything else. :ohwell:

Last edited:

LivingDoll

Hello, long time lurker here :wave:
No and no
I don’t think I did. The structure of EP wefts is different, sturdier. It’s hard to explain but it’s kinda like they are folded over and sewn differently than regular BSS hair.
I have used it about 4 or 5 times. It pays for itself really after a few installs. BSS hair has gotten more expensive over the years and it’s not reusable. Also the relaxed texture is a really good match for my hair.
When I was getting it done by her, she cut the wefts and she would suggest keeping them in order when you take them out. Like one time I went to her or Breon for a take down and install and she just kept the tracks in order as she took them out, put a rubber band around them, washed and conditioned.

FYI I haven’t been in a while but I too hope to start going back to her soon since she was hands down the best beautician I’ve ever had.

I hope that helps. :wink2:

Xfactor81...HELLO! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom...:lol::grin:

Looks like EP hair is leading the pack. :yep: I think it's interesting that she cuts some wefts and folds/sews others.

That makes sense about keeping the wefts in order and washing them. Very smart. I would think the hair would shed a little on each end that was cut?

gabulldawg

@gabulldawg...so what kinda big girl hair did ya buy? :look:

:lol: I went with Sassy Mitchell Eurasian Exotic Wave (16" and 18"). I've heard it blends very well with relaxed hair. I received it on Saturday and it looks gorgeous! It also matches my hair color almost exactly. It's weird. :lol: So I'm not going to dye it or anything. I'll be washing it tonight and letting it airdry. I'm getting it installed on Thursday. :yay:

LivingDoll

:lol: I went with Sassy Mitchell Eurasian Exotic Wave (16" and 18"). I've heard it blends very well with relaxed hair. I received it on Saturday and it looks gorgeous! It also matches my hair color almost exactly. It's weird. :lol: So I'm not going to dye it or anything. I'll be washing it tonight and letting it airdry. I'm getting it installed on Thursday. :yay:

gabulldawg...ok. You have to post pics of the hair/install. You got it quick! I haven't heard of Sassy M. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Xfactor81

@Xfactor81...HELLO! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom...:lol::grin:

Looks like EP hair is leading the pack. :yep: I think it's interesting that she cuts some wefts and folds/sews others.

That makes sense about keeping the wefts in order and washing them. Very smart. I would think the hair would shed a little on each end that was cut?

Yes but it wasn't a constant thing. Like once that initial shedding from the ends fell, that was it. No what I mean? I think if you have straight hair being installed, cutting the wefts proabably helps it lay flatter (esp if you pull it back in a ponytail). Now when you use curly or kinky hair you can get away with folding the weft due to the hair having more volume.
I haven'y used EP's curly or wavy hair so I can't speak on it. When I used curly hair it was Juju Hair (Virgin Indian). Very little shedding, reusable, no tangles. I don't hear about that company too much but I've bought from them 2x w/no problems.

Next time I think I'm going to invest in a closure piece so I can give my leave out hair a break. I think I will email Reniece for some feedback since that is new territory for me.

gabulldawg

@gabulldawg...ok. You have to post pics of the hair/install. You got it quick! I haven't heard of Sassy M. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Yes it was really quick! I ordered it late Thursday evening and received it Saturday afternoon. The company is based in Atlanta, which someone influenced by decision since I live here. I will definitely share pics. :yep:

LivingDoll

Yes but it wasn't a constant thing. Like once that initial shedding from the ends fell, that was it. No what I mean? I think if you have straight hair being installed, cutting the wefts proabably helps it lay flatter (esp if you pull it back in a ponytail). Now when you use curly or kinky hair you can get away with folding the weft due to the hair having more volume.
I haven'y used EP's curly or wavy hair so I can't speak on it. When I used curly hair it was Juju Hair (Virgin Indian). Very little shedding, reusable, no tangles. I don't hear about that company too much but I've bought from them 2x w/no problems.

Next time I think I'm going to invest in a closure piece so I can give my leave out hair a break. I think I will email Reniece for some feedback since that is new territory for me.

AHA! Moment. :lol: Makes perfect sense. :yep: I don't want any leave out either. It's all or nothing for me.

Yes it was really quick! I ordered it late Thursday evening and received it Saturday afternoon. The company is based in Atlanta, which someone influenced by decision since I live here. I will definitely share pics. :yep:

I'll be on the lookout! :grin:

Last edited:

gabulldawg

I'm also curious about this weft sealing stuff? Is it necessary? I was considering asking for my tracks not to be cut, but I do intend to wear my hair straight and in a ponytail/bun on occasion.

LivingDoll

gabulldawg said:
I'm also curious about this weft sealing stuff? Is it necessary? I was considering asking for my tracks not to be cut, but I do intend to wear my hair straight and in a ponytail/bun on occasion.

Well, all wefts aren't created equal. Sealing the wefts basically means glueing the hair onto the weft. It helps to minimize shedding. It really helps. Some people use Fray check that you can get from a fabric store. I have it but never used it. Last time I ordered some weft sealer...the name escapes me at the moment. I'll post it when I get home. It was really strong smelling though...that was the only thing I didn't like about it.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
EXTENSIONS PLUS NATURAL BODY OR NATURAL WAVY OR wagman's VIRGIN WAVY TO STRAIGHT

Does this hair shed or tangle? NO

Do you seal your wefts prior to the install? NO

**YEARS. 6+ installs or more. i usually give away old hair. I only end up ordering new hair because i outgrow my current stash. Once my hair is longer than the weave, I buy longer hair.

Does she cut the wefts or fold and sew? (This may have a bearing on how much $$ I spend on the hair...).
**Depends on if u have hand tied wefts. She will not cut hand tied wefts.

Answers are in all caps or **.

Hope that helps.

LivingDoll

havilland...thank you!

Okay. That makes sense that she doesn't cut hand tied wefts.

Do you buy longer hair when your hair gets longer so it will blend with the left out parts or just so it's as long as your real hair underneath?

ETA: I didn't look at any Wagman's hair. I heard it's alot more expensive than it used to be...but people swear by Wag's hair.

Last edited:

kweenameena

@kweenameena I have a question for you. How many packs of eprt did you buy for one install?

With a closure...I'd only use 4-6 ounces of EPRT.
I haven't done an install without a closure yet.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
havilland...thank you!

Okay. That makes sense that she doesn't cut hand tied wefts.

Do you buy longer hair when your hair gets longer so it will blend with the left out parts or just so it's as long as your real hair underneath?

ETA: I didn't look at any Wagman's hair. I heard it's alot more expensive than it used to be...but people swear by Wag's hair.

I buy longer hair because i like the weave to match or be close to my own hair length. I usually keep weaves for 8 weeks and will hide my hair for a year. So by the end of the year my hair is much longer. when i started wearing weaves 10-12" was long....now i buy 18-20"

Hope that helps. ;)

LivingDoll

havilland said:
I buy longer hair because i like the weave to match or be close to my own hair length. I usually keep weaves for 8 weeks and will hide my hair for a year. So by the end of the year my hair is much longer. when i started wearing weaves 10-12" was long....now i buy 18-20"

Hope that helps. ;)

havilland...yes this really helps. I would LOVE to hide my hair for a year! I can't wait for the day when i'm ordering hair in those long lengths like you! Thanks a bunch.

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
LivingDoll Was the sealer you used he101.
http://http://hairextensions101.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=120
From what i can tell certain hair needs to be sealed so it does't shed. I sealed my senghori shells with he101 sealant. It is strong smelling i had to sit by the porch door and open it while i sealed the hair.

i had wagmans hair and it did not need sealing because the
wefts were so strong like teflon. It's good quality hair but they have gone up in price a lot and if it's that expensive i might as well indulge and get extensions plus. The last batch i had to throw it away cause the stylist sliced up my wefts even though i told her i was reusing it.

gabulldawg is the place you are going to called 3 girls and needle. My sister keeps talking about that place in atlanta. I might either go to reniece or when i go back to atlanta i will get an install down there.

kinkycurlyyaki is sold out but yes i found out about it on bhm. I will never use hailey's curl i have heard too much bad stuff about them, bss hair is really bad and senghori shells is just bad doesn't flat iron well or take a curl.
Its good to know that i can order about 4 to 6oz of hair and have a decent install with extensions plus.