Clients of Reniece & Co...

Xfactor81

@Xfactor81...you've known her a LONG time! That's exactly why I want to go to her. I don't like going to the salon for the very reasons you mentioned. Especially the double booking part.

Besides EP, what else have you tried?

I've tired Senghori Shells Relaxed Rhythms.- That hair was a little too silky but if I had a good relaxer, I could make it work/blend. I wouldn't use it again though. The wefts were thick and hard to get a needle through.

Juju Hair- Virgin Indian Curly- Like I said before - no complaints with them, soft hair, minimal shedding, no tangles, could be straightened.:yep:

I Heart Hair Inc.- Brazilian Curly Virgin. This hair was meh. I was turned off by the way it looked coming out of the pack. I hate that processed, shiny, telephone cord look that it had. Plus the curl pattern started about 2.5 inches down the length of the hair. It just wasn't what I expected since it was supposed to be Virgin hair. Doesn't that mean unprocessed? It looked good when it was installed but it tangled. :ohwell:

BHM group order hair. :nono: IDK what brand this was but I think the person is pretty popular over there for doing the group order thing. It was kinky curly. I wanted that Kelly Rowland look.. FAIL! Hot tangly, dry looking mess. Everytime I combed it big ol hair balls would be in my comb. I had to do too much stuff to it to make it look decent. I took it out and threw it right in the trash. Disclaimer-My friend always did the group order thing with her (I can find out the girl's name)and didnt have any previous issues but she ordered around the same time and had problems with the hair as well.

LivingDoll

I'm soooo confused. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to take a risk and buy some bad hair...but I feel like I'll be taking a risk no matter what I buy. Hair is subjective. Everyone has different experiences/techniques/expectations/etc. So, it's not often that EVERYONE will agree on what hair is good. I'm learning this as I go along.

I think EP hair is the only hair that I've never seen a bad review on. Maybe I'll have to buy mine on lay-a-way too.

ETA: For my initial installs, I just need some hair with good luster (not too shiny like doll hair, not too dull), minimal tangles or shedding, holds curls, decent "flowiness" (pliable, not too thick or hard to style)....for a good price, that will last for at least 2 installs.

I think I'm asking for a lot. :lol: I'm surprised that so many people actually buy EP hair. But you get what you pay for. :yep:

Last edited:

bronzebomb

I'm soooo confused. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to take a risk and buy some bad hair...but I feel like I'll be taking a risk no matter what I buy. Hair is subjective. Everyone has different experiences/techniques/expectations/etc. So, it's not often that EVERYONE will agree on what hair is good. I'm learning this as I go along.

I think EP hair is the only hair that I've never seen a bad review on. Maybe I'll have to buy mine on lay-a-way too.

ETA: For my initial installs, I just need some hair with good luster (not too shiny like doll hair, not too dull), minimal tangles or shedding, holds curls, decent "flowiness" (pliable, not too thick or hard to style)....for a good price, that will last for at least 2 installs.

I think I'm asking for a lot. :lol: I'm surprised that so many people actually buy EP hair. But you get what you pay for. :yep:

LivingDoll this says it all! Looks like extensions plus is the right hair. You helped me decide!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

gabulldawg

I wanted to share that I had my sew in done yesterday and so far I love it! I haven't taken any pics all dressed up and done up yet, but I plan to today. I ended up only leaving a little out on sides and top for blending. No ponytail this time. SunySydeofLyfe did my install and she is great. I'd definitely recommend her! No discomfort. Also wanted to share that the Sassy Mitchell Eurasian exotic wave hair blends very well with my relaxed hair.

Attachments

• IMAG3610-1.jpg
    IMAG3610-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG3611-1.jpg
    IMAG3611-1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 79

SunySydeofLyfe

I wanted to share that I had my sew in done yesterday and so far I love it! I haven't taken any pics all dressed up and done up yet, but I plan to today. I ended up only leaving a little out on sides and top for blending. No ponytail this time. SunySydeofLyfe did my install and she is great. I'd definitely recommend her! No discomfort. Also wanted to share that the Sassy Mitchell Eurasian exotic wave hair blends very well with my relaxed hair.

As always it was good seeing you and Pretty Miss. That hair was beautiful and you wear it well. Thank you for the compliment.

Suny

LivingDoll

I wanted to share that I had my sew in done yesterday and so far I love it! I haven't taken any pics all dressed up and done up yet, but I plan to today. I ended up only leaving a little out on sides and top for blending. No ponytail this time. @SunySydeofLyfe did my install and she is great. I'd definitely recommend her! No discomfort. Also wanted to share that the Sassy Mitchell Eurasian exotic wave hair blends very well with my relaxed hair.

gabulldawg...Oh...how nice! It looks REALLY GOOD! So, no closure right? The hair looks sooo natural! Are you relaxed or natural (I ask this regarding blending of the leave out)? Let me know how the hair wears over the next few weeks, will you?

As always it was good seeing you and Pretty Miss. That hair was beautiful and you wear it well. Thank you for the compliment.

Suny

SunySydeofLyfe...You did an awesome job! I wish you were in DMV. :yep:

gabulldawg

gabulldawg...Oh...how nice! It looks REALLY GOOD! So, no closure right? The hair looks sooo natural! Are you relaxed or natural (I ask this regarding blending of the leave out)? Let me know how the hair wears over the next few weeks, will you?

SunySydeofLyfe...You did an awesome job! I wish you were in DMV. :yep:

Nope, no closure. It does looks really natural and I have had no issues with blending. I was nervous at first, but it looks good! I am relaxed. One of the reasons I went with this hair was because people have said it blends well with relaxed hair.

I'll definitely keep you updated on the hair. I plan to play around with different styling options. The hair holds curls very well, so i'm going to wear them until I get tired of them. :lol: I forgot to mention that Suny used a curling wand.

intellectualuva

I've decided to take the leap and hopefully I can get in the books.

I am a bit nervous about buying hair ahead of time. How does it work when you prefer to show up and get recommendations on hair at the first consult?

Between this and my other purchases.....I'm going to need to make some life decisions. LOL.

bronzebomb

If I go the cheap route it's Halley's Curls. If I breakdown, it's Extensions Plus and ONYC Kinky Curly. I'll decide by June (my birthday).

I only want the ONYC for the cruise...for effortless hair. Maybe the HC Natural or Creole Curly will work.

gabulldawg

This thread got me to thinking. Do we have a sew in thread or challenge around here where we can share tips and tricks with each other? Talk about hair that we have purchased?

LivingDoll

I've decided to take the leap and hopefully I can get in the books.

I am a bit nervous about buying hair ahead of time. How does it work when you prefer to show up and get recommendations on hair at the first consult?

Between this and my other purchases.....I'm going to need to make some life decisions. LOL.

intellectualuva...Well, I sent a request for an appt with a Junior stylist yesterday (via the online request) and no one has gotten back to me yet. I know that she was planning to open their books soon, so I don't know if they're waiting until then to respond or not.

I think they send the email about openings, you send the deposit by mail, or take it to the shop, after they receive the deposit you have a consult (in person or by phone), and then you schedule your appt? I'm not sure...but I think that's how it goes. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

If I go the cheap route it's Halley's Curls. If I breakdown, it's Extensions Plus and ONYC Kinky Curly. I'll decide by June (my birthday).

I only want the ONYC for the cruise...for effortless hair. Maybe the HC Natural or Creole Curly will work.

bronzebomb...That's what I want to. Something effortless. :yep: I'm scared to death of Halley's Curls hair. I'd rather take my chances with Aliexpress. :lol: I will eventually purchase some EP, Juju or ONYC hair I hope.

This thread got me to thinking. Do we have a sew in thread or challenge around here where we can share tips and tricks with each other? Talk about hair that we have purchased?

gabulldawg...No...a challenge would be nice. I think we should have a weave/wig forum since they are viable methods for protective styling. That would be great. I lurk over at BHM but they go hard in the paint 'round them parts...:lachen:I steer clear of posting. I would love being able to get reliable info here.

Last edited:

gabulldawg

I think I may start one, then! We can talk about installs, hair purchases, how well it blends, how long it lasts, products to use, etc. it would be really helpful. I'm planning on taking more pics tonight, so I'll start the thread tonight or tomorrow. If someone beats me to it please post link here.

LivingDoll

gabulldawg said:
I think I may start one, then! We can talk about installs, hair purchases, how well it blends, how long it lasts, products to use, etc. it would be really helpful. I'm planning on taking more pics tonight, so I'll start the thread tonight or tomorrow. If someone beats me to it please post link here.

Ok. Sounds good. I would start it but i'm on my phone...i hate posting from my phone.

intellectualuva

intellectualuva...Well, I sent a request for an appt with a Junior stylist yesterday (via the online request) and no one has gotten back to me yet. I know that she was planning to open their books soon, so I don't know if they're waiting until then to respond or not.

I think they send the email about openings, you send the deposit by mail, or take it to the shop, after they receive the deposit you have a consult (in person or by phone), and then you schedule your appt? I'm not sure...but I think that's how it goes. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh yeah...I know how it goes in terms of that. My question of what was better...buy the hair upfront and wait for the consult. If you don't buy the hair upfront do you then have to schedule another appt after you order your hair..etc.

I would totally buy all the hair I need now, if I knew what I really should get. I saw the suggestions, but I don't know jack about buying hair 10-12, 12-14, 16-18?? And I don't want what looks bone straight like the picture on EP. I don't know if I should leave some out though my roots are super duper natural and my vision how that works with "relaxed texture" is hotmess.org. LOL...so yeah I really don't have a clue. I'll have to wait until the consult anyway, but it would be nice if I could.

05girl

Finally a good thread about weave!

Can anyone recommend what lengths to get if I just want SL hair? Not even collarbone. I dunno if I can just buy two packs of 10 or should you always get two packs of different lengths?

LivingDoll

Finally a good thread about weave!

Can anyone recommend what lengths to get if I just want SL hair? Not even collarbone. I dunno if I can just buy two packs of 10 or should you always get two packs of different lengths?

05girl...If you want SL straight/body wave hair, I would say 10in would be fine. It would be difficult to find hair shorter than 10in. unless you go to the BSS.

If you want curly hair prob 12in Keep in mind that the installed hair will be naturally layered, so even 10in will prob be longer than SL in the back.

LivingDoll

So I have my appt with one of the Junior Stylists at Reniece's (pending my deposit). I'm not going until the end of April. That allows me time to get the hair purchase together. I now have a sponsor :look:, so I'll be able to purchase some pricier hair than what I first thought.

I'm considering Sassy Mitchell, ONYC, Juju, and EP (thanks to all who gave recommendations). So many choices, so little time. From my research at BHM, it seems like most of the hair being advertised as Brazilian, Indian, etc is actually processed Chinese hair.

Besides the cost factor and false advertising :lol:, can anyone tell me what the issue is? As long as the hair doesn't snarl, matt, shed like a dog, or tangle, what's the big deal?

Last edited:

gabulldawg

Ladies, I'm loving my hair, but I'm experiencing frizz. That's only way I can explain it. The hair isn't tangled, but it's a little frizzy in some areas, particularly in the back. How can I fix this? I'm thinking it's something I'm doing/not doing. I've done some research and picked up some leave in condish and an anti-frizz serum which I plan to use during my first wash. I also plan to dc the hair under the dryer. Any other tips? Other than the frizz the hair is great. Curls still holding. It's super bouncy. I've worked out a few times since install and it still looks good overall. Just the frizz is bothering me. Once I can get it under control I will be in love.

LivingDoll

Ladies, I'm loving my hair, but I'm experiencing frizz. That's only way I can explain it. The hair isn't tangled, but it's a little frizzy in some areas, particularly in the back. How can I fix this? I'm thinking it's something I'm doing/not doing. I've done some research and picked up some leave in condish and an anti-frizz serum which I plan to use during my first wash. I also plan to dc the hair under the dryer. Any other tips? Other than the frizz the hair is great. Curls still holding. It's super bouncy. I've worked out a few times since install and it still looks good overall. Just the frizz is bothering me. Once I can get it under control I will be in love.

Did you cowash it before installing? Alot of the YTbers I've seen use condish's with Argan Oil (Garnier Fructis I think) and/or Coconut Milk (Organix). Maybe you should try that.

Last edited:

gabulldawg

Did you cowash it before installing? Alot of the YTbers I've seen condish with conditioners with Argan Oil and/or Coconut Milk. Maybe you should try that.

Looking back I definitely didn't condition the hair like I should. :ohwell: This is my first time dealing with real hair and I didn't know better. I did shampoo and condition the hair, but I know I didn't put enough conditioner and I should have dced the hair as well. I'm thinking/hoping that once I give it a good dc it should be fine. I just would like to know what to do with it in the meantime because I'm trying not to wash it anytime soon. :lol: I may just need to stop being lazy and do it.

LivingDoll

Looking back I definitely didn't condition the hair like I should. :ohwell: This is my first time dealing with real hair and I didn't know better. I did shampoo and condition the hair, but I know I didn't put enough conditioner and I should have dced the hair as well. I'm thinking/hoping that once I give it a good dc it should be fine. I just would like to know what to do with it in the meantime because I'm trying not to wash it anytime soon. :lol: I may just need to stop being lazy and do it.

Is there a way that you can cowash it without wetting your real hair totally? Like my shower head has a hand held nozzle that I used to cowash the install without wetting my hair (last time I had an install). I just had to bend over at the waist a bit.

Last edited:

gabulldawg

Is there a way that you can cowash it without wetting your real hair totally? Like my shower head has a hand held nozzle that I used to cowash the install without wetting my hair (last time I had an install). I just had to bend over at the waist a bit.

Thank you for the tip. I hadn't thought of that! I may give that a try instead.