CURLMELEONS UNTIE!!! (Transitioning Thread)

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Hair Type? 3c/4a

How many months/weeks/ days post are you? 6 months +

What is your transitioning plan? BC or cutting up as your hair grows down? Hair styles (weaves, braids, twists...) Bunning and transitioning untill I reach BSL :look:

If you plan to BC, do you have a projected date that you are going to do it?
No BC for me! :nono:

Have you experience any problems/ setbacks yet?
Not so far (knock on wood)

What products are you are using?
100% pure unrefined shea butter, Roux Porosity Control, Pantene shampoo & conditioner, Yogurt Treatments, Aloe Vera Plant treatments

Last edited:

ReeseNicole

Hair Type? 3b/3c

How many months/weeks/ days post are you? I'm currently at 1 month and 2 weeks

What is your transitioning plan? BC or cutting up as your hair grows down? Hair styles (weaves, braids, twists...) I don't plan to BC until I get to APL, so maybe in another year and a half I'll cut the last little bit of my texturizer out?? We'll just have to wait and see

If you plan to BC, do you have a projected date that you are going to do it? March 2011

Have you experience any problems/ setbacks yet? just shedding and breakage from the two textures, trying my best to keep that under weigh

What products are you are using? Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Rosewater, Generic Nexxus Humectruss Conditioner, Suave Coconut Conditioner for cowashes mainly

This is my second and last time transitioning! Here's a pic of my natural curls after my cut

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/cnc06/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/cnc06/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Attachments

• curlyrese-vi.jpg
    curlyrese-vi.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 33
  • newcut2-vi.jpg
    newcut2-vi.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 33

RockCreak

He ladies... just checking in again. I'm back to bunning.. have been doing it for the last 2 wks. (just cause its easier handling the two textures :look:)

It's cool for now because I'm back to cowashing weekly. (I hate detangling this stuff :nono:) I'm also revisiting MT because I'm trying to use up my products before buying anymore.

I'm applying the MT straight on my scalp then followed up with my shea butter/evco mix let airdry about 80% then pony and bun it. Simple. :grin:

OH... and my hair feels so soft....:grin:

MummysGirl

Beautiful!!!!
I'm almost 11 months post and don't think I have this much growth yet!!!!

:love: your hair!!!!
Some pics of my transitioning progress from last week and the other day (I henna'd). Still half-wigging it...

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Hair Type? 3b/3c

How many months/weeks/ days post are you? I'm currently at 1 month and 2 weeks

What is your transitioning plan? BC or cutting up as your hair grows down? Hair styles (weaves, braids, twists...) I don't plan to BC until I get to APL, so maybe in another year and a half I'll cut the last little bit of my texturizer out?? We'll just have to wait and see

If you plan to BC, do you have a projected date that you are going to do it? March 2011

Have you experience any problems/ setbacks yet? just shedding and breakage from the two textures, trying my best to keep that under weigh

What products are you are using? Giovanni Deep Moisture Shampoo, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Rosewater, Generic Nexxus Humectruss Conditioner, Suave Coconut Conditioner for cowashes mainly

This is my second and last time transitioning! Here's a pic of my natural curls after my cut

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/cnc06/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/cnc06/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

You have very pretty curls!:yep:

onejamifan

Hello ladies. Checking in at 6 months post!! I have not done much with my hair lately. In fact, I have not washed my hair in a few weeks....I know, gross, but I just have no motivation. Today I saw how crazy my edges have gotten, so I plan on giving my hair some much needed TLC this weekend. I will try to take pics of my ng before I flat iron it. So far transitioning with this length hair has not been as bad as I thought, but I know my lack of motivation is directly related to how long it takes for me to roller set, dry and flat iron these days...

Last edited:

acapnleo

i'm not rocking my curly wash n go and have not in a few weeks... mainly because its looking crazy to me now... but i am hanging in there... I wear my hair flat ironed and wrap at bedtime I'm changing my schedule/ regimen for a while since its colder.

RockCreak

Checking back in.....ok, ok! I'm really tired of this ponytail thing... I need a change.....

I'm thinking of turning to braids for while just to give me a break!

geez!

onejamifan

Took pictures of my wet hair on Saturday. Check them out. The last one is a picture of my hair before I washed it. That's usually what the ng looks like a few days after I flat iron it. IF you click on the thumbnails, the pictureS look too big, SORRY!

Attachments

• CIMG0966.jpg
    CIMG0966.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 37
  • CIMG0964.jpg
    CIMG0964.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 34
  • CIMG0963.jpg
    CIMG0963.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 29

RockCreak

Took pictures of my wet hair on Saturday. Check them out. The last one is a picture of my hair before I washed it. That's usually what the ng looks like a few days after I flat iron it. IF you click on the thumbnails, the pictureS look too big, SORRY!

Your NG is sooo pretty.....

OK ladies!... I just experienced with the bantu knots and I must say that I just found my new style for the next couple of weeks.. I lovveeee... the knots.. I know.. it's worthless without pics, I'll be posting soon..

SweetD

Hi! Checking in at 4 months post. I was tired of dealing with the two textures. On 11/27/09 I got rope/senegalese twists put in my hair and I am glad for the break. I will keep these in until I BC later on this month. :grin:

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Your NG is sooo pretty.....

OK ladies!... I just experienced with the bantu knots and I must say that I just found my new style for the next couple of weeks.. I lovveeee... the knots.. I know.. it's worthless without pics, I'll be posting soon..

Yes I love bantu knot outs. It has been my signature style for the majority of my transition. So glad you like them and yes do post some pics soon.:yep:

RockCreak

:wave: Ladies... just slidin thru!

I'm still hanging in there.... I just took some pics to check my progress...

Just thought I'd share.... oh! and I also cut 3inches so I'm right below the shoulder ----when stretched!

onejamifan

:wave: Ladies... just slidin thru!

I'm still hanging in there.... I just took some pics to check my progress...

Just thought I'd share.... oh! and I also cut 3inches so I'm right below the shoulder ----when stretched!

Your NG looks great! I love your shower curtain :grin: