Does any one use curl activator lotion as a moisturiser?

melissa-bee

I bought one the other day because i am transitioning and needed something to help me with my braidouts. I know it won't make curls i haven't got but it's really helping my hair to stay moist.
I picked up one by sofn'free and the second ingredient after water is 'potassium cocoyl hydrolysed collagen' isn't that a protein? What are your experiences with curl activators without the jheri curl?

Last edited:

supermodelsonya

I use S curl on the regular and it keeps my hair and my daughter's hair very moisturized.I like to use it on my edges as well and tie it down with a scarf to keep them sleek.

baddison

natural for good
Ditto.:yep:
I use S-Curl as well, and sometimes I even seal it in with a nice oil or butter. Its a great moisturizer/detangler.

Miss AJ

when i go back to my wash and wear curly styles i'll use curl juice and activator gel again. best combo ever and so is bb castor oil/aloe hair lotion and activator gel. i use that combo when i dont have any hawaiian silky. thats the only curl juice i use because it doesn't SMELL like curl juice lol.

Miss AJ

some people use horse conditioner and vag cream for hair growth, using curl juice would be the last thing folks should get laughed at for using lol.

tri3nity

I was just thinking about doing this to stretch my stretches. I only made it to 9 weeks this time and would like to make it to atleast 12 this go around. I have heard some good things about wave nouveau moisturizer and I keep looking at it in the bss.

Ms_CoCo37

Thank you for posting this!!! The PJ in me purchased a jar of S-Curl and forgot all about it. I'm going to try and put some on the ends of my twists tonight and see if it helps with keeping them moisturized.:grin:

empressri

word? i have some in this big yellow bottle with red writing...i could use that under ecostyler and not have crunchy curls? interesting...

ceecy29

S curl got me through my transition but now that I'm fully natural, it makes my scalp itch. Sadly, I think I'm allergic to it.

beans4reezy

I have just started to use Hawaiin Silky 14 n 1 on my extensions. My braids feel moist, but I wont really know how good it is until I take down my braids.

complexsimplicity

I purchased Wave Nouveau a while ago. I didn't like it. The way it felt on my hair just felt nasty. I've been using African Royale Braid Spray as a moisturizer even though I'm not in braids or twists. My hair loves it. My hair is just sooooo soft right now. I can't keep my hands out of it.

mariofmagdal

When I baggy my whole head, my best combo is Donnies Curl Activator Softening Lotion, Aloe Vera Gel, and QP Mango Butter. Hair loves it!:yep:

God's Anointed

S-curl and braid spray sealed with a little oil was a great moisturizer for me. I may have to revisit this for the winter months...I still have a bottle of that stuff lying around for those days that nothing works on moisturizing my hair.

Oh and one time, my friends' hair was really matted and i used S-Curl to detangle her hair. Talk about slip!!!

Optimus_Prime

I've started spraying world of curls on my new growth and it actually works! I'm not a PJ really, but I saw this giant a$$ bottle one day for like $5 and change and the ingredients seemed sound so I bought it. I've had it for months. I finally put some in a spray bottle and started using it last week.

coolsista-paris

when i use s curl my hair is also well moisturised. The only thing i don't like is the feeling (sticky slipery feeling) that makes me wanna wash my hair.
But it is very soft when i use s curl (gel for me)

moonglowdiva

I use Wave Nouveau <<to me it is ultra moisturizing>>
I have CFCG << this is not as moisturizing to me.
I have CFC Instant Moisturizer <<it serves its purpose>>

Jewell

Many ladies have been using Wave Nouveau, Care-Free Curl, and S-Curl products as moisturizers on their relaxed, natural, texturized, texlaxed hair. I for one have been using Care-Free Curl and other brand curl-activator gels for years (they are gentler than regular styling gels and have mostly aloe vera as ingredients). Also, I have been using S-Curl No-Drip Spray and S-Curl Texturizer spray (essentially the same, but latter is for short cuts, or so it says) for years. I add a little EVOO or other oil and a lil' extra water to the bottle, to add slip and keep it from being too thick when I spray it on. It's very good on my hair.

ETA: I'm picking up some Sta-Sof-Fro this week, and may try the HawaiianSilky 14-in-1. I've been eyeing those ingredients in the HS for some time when I visit the BSS.

Last edited:

Urban

I've recently started using S-Curl No-Drip with Chicoro's moisturizing method. I like it so far, but it's only been a few days though.

LABETT

I use Sta So Fro and it works great as a moisturizer and puts Scurl to shame.
Scurl left my hair dry and brittle like straw. :nono:

Soliel185

I just bought my first bottle of 'curl juice' :grin:

It's Care Free Curl. Do you guys use it straight or dilute it with water?

melissa-bee

^I've been using it straight, but then again i've only applied it to my hair twice and my hair is still moisturised.
I can not believe i have been wasting time and money on other moisturisers when curl juice is the one.

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Oh yes I love curl activators for moisture. I use the sprays and gels. I particularly like using the gels under my ecostyler to keep my hair soft and moisturized but still have hold. I use S-Curl Spray also but I add a frangrant oil or essential oil for the smell. I have Care Free Curl, Wave Nouveau and Hawaiin Silky in the lotions. Gels, I like Smooth and Shine, Long aid and S Curl. I had concerns that it wouldn't be wise to use these during the winter due to the glycerin, but surprisingly my hair has not dried out so it's all good!